[WIP] Monster Hunter Maps [Kokoto Village] BETA 1.4 UPLOADED!

Mitsarugi

Hi there' date=' just grabbed this and thought I'd give it a whirl. First off- this is awesome. Really. Once you zoom the camera out it feels really similar to MH. Can't wait to go and kill those veloci-rator things with a ridiculous sword in the real environment :)

Did notice a few bugs though, and thought I'd post them in-case you're not aware.

The mountains kind of peel into view (is this something todo with LOD?):

Floaty market items:

Screen_Shot3.png

The ladders are interesting (Does Skyrim support normal ladders?), the area for getting down again is kind of small:

Screen_Shot4.png

The grass is kind of thin:

Screen_Shot5.png

In the one house I could get into (First on the right approaching from the cart) I got trapped in the "Feline Kitchen":

Screen_Shot6.png

Oh and the docks are a bit of a mess :P I got a crash over there at one point as well. Another thing was that the area in which the awesome music played was a little bit smaller than the villiage - going into corners makes it stop and revert back to vanilla Skyrim music.

You may be aware of all of these, in which case feel free to disregard all of my post. Just thought that seeing as this is a beta a bit of bug-testing could help.

First of all thanks for testing it ^^

as for the bugs:

The mountains kind of peel into view (is this something todo with LOD?):

What do you mean? Sorry i didn't understand what you're trying to say (I'm not English :P)

Floaty market items:

I am aware of this, as i stated in the first post ^^, This is because i was busy creating the decoration for the market and just left the decoration i found interesting floating there so i wouldn't forget about it ;)

The ladders are interesting (Does Skyrim support normal ladders?), the area for getting down again is kind of small:

I know it's kind of small, but if you play in 1st person view it should be a problem or you could always jump ;p , i'll see what i can do about it :)

The grass is kind of thin:

It isn't finished yet, so i just placed the most important stuff and will get to decoration a little later

In the one house I could get into (First on the right approaching from the cart) I got trapped in the "Feline Kitchen":

This is because i was busy creating the Automatic passage to the Kitchen and so the kitchen is just a copy of the house with no exit -_-' sorry about that.

Oh and the docks are a bit of a mess :P I got a crash over there at one point as well.

The docks are just an idea i was working on as the village normally let's you go to all kind of places, maybe i'll replace it with the training school ^^

Another thing was that the area in which the awesome music played was a little bit smaller than the villiage - going into corners makes it stop and revert back to vanilla Skyrim music.

Kokoto Farm? Yeah i didn't finish yet setting the music for every CELL, this will be done in later updates as i was just testing if the music worked ( i had the CK 1.4 and it gave me crashes all the time, so since i now have the CK 1.5 i was testing the music)

You may be aware of all of these, in which case feel free to disregard all of my post. Just thought that seeing as this is a beta a bit of bug-testing could help.

I was aware of every bug, but i still thank you for your support, it really makes me want to finish this project ^^

Is anyone willing to create a monster hunter race with unique bodytype and monster hunter armor so we can all have npcs that looks like theyre from MH

You should ask Coda for that' date=' He's doing all the monsters...

And Quibber123 is doing the Armors...

[/quote']

I cant download the 1st part but 2nd-4th i can? :s

I'll start uploading to Mediafire

That's cool man' date=' I thought you might know all the bugs already but it's always worth checking.

About the mountain thing, here are some photos to explain. Both are taken from the same position, just with the camera rotated slightly. As you can see the size of the mountain changes.

The docks would be awesome - you could have a ship at the docks in Solitude which sails you from Skyrim to MH-land!

I think it's because i didn't make the LOD (Level of detail?) files yet, tho i never did that before ^^ and i think i tried it once and i got alot of errors...

There have been lots of complaints on the official skyrim forums about various issues with creating new areas for modding' date=' the LOD problem being one of them. It's supposedly fixed in the new (beta) update which will be fully released soon.

[/quote']

I hope so , thanks for the info ^^

That's cool man' date=' I thought you might know all the bugs already but it's always worth checking.

About the mountain thing, here are some photos to explain. Both are taken from the same position, just with the camera rotated slightly. As you can see the size of the mountain changes.

The docks would be awesome - you could have a ship at the docks in Solitude which sails you from Skyrim to MH-land!

I think it's because i didn't make the LOD (Level of detail?) files yet, tho i never did that before ^^ and i think i tried it once and i got alot of errors...

Ok :s its just im still trying to download the first one even now :s

Ok :s its just im still trying to download the first one even now :s

Mediafire links are ready, putting them in the 1st post now ;p

Chill out' date=' or grab jdownloader.

For you I'd say take the second option :P

[/quote']

Whats jdownloader and sorry im just a bit excited plus had a bad day so dont mean to rush its just :P you know you want a chill out after a hard day ;P

[/quote']

Whats jdownloader and sorry im just a bit excited plus had a bad day so dont mean to rush its just :P you know you want a chill out after a hard day ;P

JDownloader is just a tool that allows you to dload files from sites easier. just copy/paste things into a box and it autograbs them and starts downloading them though sometimes they need a captcha to be done to start.

Can't wait to try this out Mitsarugi! I was trying to dload it last night but the other site you used kept dropping out on me and I couldn't finish the dload. The media mediafire links able to stay up and dload fast though.

[/quote']

JDownloader is just a tool that allows you to dload files from sites easier. just copy/paste things into a box and it autograbs them and starts downloading them though sometimes they need a captcha to be done to start.

Can't wait to try this out Mitsarugi! I was trying to dload it last night but the other site you used kept dropping out on me and I couldn't finish the dload. The media mediafire links able to stay up and dload fast though.

yeah i prefer mediafire too but i had an error when uploading at my GF's place so now did it at a friend's place ^^, the mod has unique monster hunter music in the music folder that isn't in the OST btw, but the veteran hunters like me should remember them :P

[/quote']

yeah i prefer mediafire too but i had an error when uploading at my GF's place so now did it at a friend's place ^^, the mod has unique monster hunter music in the music folder that isn't in the OST btw, but the veteran hunters like me should remember them :P

Aha took me 5 hours to load but its finally done :) will have some feedback for you tommorow :D <3

[/quote']

Aha took me 5 hours to load but its finally done :) will have some feedback for you tommorow :D <3

thank you ^^

:3 ah ok sorry i didnt realise it wasnt uploaded my bad :s Would you be able to message me when it is' date=' and if you talk to coda, he was actually wanting something like this to be done and he was going to rpogram the kiosk lady that sets quest to put quest markers on his monsters in his mod :P x i think u shud team up he said he needed a team :D

[/quote']

dont worry ^^ coda and i had a talk already about that idea ^^

awesomes :3, well i fully support this dea :D x

Could i beta test this for you :3 x ^.^

i was working on the upload this morning but i seem to getting a freeze every 5mins i play :|

Just downloaded and I also freeze everytime i play.

dont worry ^^ coda and i had a talk already about that idea ^^

awesomes :3' date=' well i fully support this dea :D x

[/quote']

Could i beta test this for you :3 x ^.^

i was working on the upload this morning but i seem to getting a freeze every 5mins i play :|

Just downloaded and I also freeze everytime i play.

Very strange what could have gone wrong :( , i really don't know how to fix this problem..

I have loads of mods running and it works fine. Kizeku do you have any other house or new area mods installed? Try deactivating them.

Another thing you could try is downloading and running BOSS: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=6 What it does is set your plugin (.esp) load order to minimise compatibility problems. Basically it improves stability without modifying any files or game functionality.

Also try entering the villiage not through the door but by loading an exisitng save, opening the console with the "`" key and then typing "coc kokotovillage01" without the quotes.

btw Boss doesnt work whatsoever. Im still freezing everytime i enter the game I dont know if its my computer. Nvm not my computers problem maybe ENB? i dunno. Omg, I even deactivated all my mods when i started a new game and it still freezes. Think you can upload a file with just your mod?

btw Boss doesnt work whatsoever. Im still freezing everytime i enter the game I dont know if its my computer. Nvm not my computers problem maybe ENB? i dunno. Omg' date=' I even deactivated all my mods when i started a new game and it still freezes. Think you can upload a file with just your mod?

[/quote']

Maybe you didn't download all of it or it got corrupted? Also it isn't UFO as I use that and can play it.

Mitsarugi the map is awesome! I would point out bugs but I am sure you know about them all(The evil Felynes trapping me in the kitchen and building a wall behind a door >.> )

btw Boss doesnt work whatsoever. Im still freezing everytime i enter the game I dont know if its my computer. Nvm not my computers problem maybe ENB? i dunno. Omg' date=' I even deactivated all my mods when i started a new game and it still freezes. Think you can upload a file with just your mod?

[/quote']

Maybe you didn't download all of it or it got corrupted? Also it isn't UFO as I use that and can play it.

Mitsarugi the map is awesome! I would point out bugs but I am sure you know about them all(The evil Felynes trapping me in the kitchen and building a wall behind a door >.> )

This kind of comments make my day ^^ , yes i know this bug

[/quote']

Same here i absolutely adore the mod and as i said heres some feedback

First i know you have your own plans but heres what i'd love to see

-Extended kitchen it looks to skyrimy, and needs to feel more like monster hunter

-You importing coda's mod into yours and adding the village chief dialogue to send you off to kill one

-Making this the starting area for people starting a new game

-Boats like the ones in MHTri, where you can send them out to collect stuff

-Some felynes (from coda's) in the kitchen and around the map, (and at the fields) but obviously because they are costumes in coda's and just made smaller maybe add them and change the overall height rather than just the meshes, this can cause some problems i know but you can work around them easily and they wouldnt enlarge when performing things and would fit in perfectly

-Some MH followers that can be unlocked via a new quest like unlock village chief

-Maybe some hunting grounds or an arena for special events and/or training

-Training School

Glitches/things i dont understand that im sure you know of already obviously

-Random coins on floor

-Felyne Kitchen

-Dock edge mesh

-Docks themselves as you cant really walk across them

-The travelling guy (he cant take you anywhere it crashes)

-Some different plants/trees when you go into them bushes it seems very? bland.... strange idk the word.

-Text for the people around (imported yourself hopefully) i hate mods that just put charecters from the game again cause they always say something that doesnt fit

I have many more ideas but i wont fill up your comments :) Thank you for the GREAT mod and keep up the amazing work :)

[/quote']

Uuuuugh writ this once and it crashed so had to write it ALLLLL AGAIN...

I LOVE your mod and i mean love and as said previously i will give some feedback as i assume youd appreciate as much as possible, if not ignore this :)

Things id love to see

-Felynes (preferably from coda's mod) in the kitchens

-Monsters from either codas or that you make yourself imported that the chief will send you on a quest for

-Making this the starting area for if you restart as this would be really kool and a agreat monsterhunter feel

-Secret quest that lets you unlock the chief as your companion

-Some self recorded lines for all the people in the town as personally i hate when people just copy them over as usually they will end up being mistakes, maybe listen to the ones on the actual games

-Make the ships have some kind of feature such as the one from tri where you can send them out for equipment, also the felyne from the 1st two games should be in the field bit where you collect your crops.

-Some upgrades dependant on status from town (e.g the fields)

-Some quests simalair to that of MH, where you level up respectively and can add more things to your Felyne kitchen, your weapons and so so

-Add more plants, as personally i think you overused the same one around the main town and when you go in them it seems a bit bland/pointless.

-Fix the felyne kitchen and the docking edges

-Finish the docks

-Add an arena or such for special quests and teaching skool

-Add teaching school

-Weapon/Armour stand people sell the weapons/armours from coda's and Quibber123's mods as this would be amazing

-Ask coda + Quibber's permission to merge all mods when complete, and maybe somehow link them such as you can only make the weapons at the mh town forge, and only some weapons can be unlocked after such event, if necessary i will help with the scripting of that.

I have maaaaany more ideas which i will post later but im sure some of these will keep you busy if you choose to fortake some :)

Again LOVE YOUR MOD, support it 100% and will be ready for any of your updates;) :)

Erased to not make the comment to long

First i know you have your own plans but heres what i'd love to see

-Extended kitchen it looks to skyrimy' date=' and needs to feel more like monster hunter

The kitchen is not even started it's just a map, used for testing the auto door, don't worry i'm planning on making it as resembling as possible ^^

-You importing coda's mod into yours and adding the village chief dialogue to send you off to kill one

This is planned and i've already spoken to Coda about this

That, i think i won't do , just do "coc KokotoVillage01" (i'll do it maybe)

That would be in an other mod if made , i'm first of all planning to do Kokoto Village and it's zones

-Some felynes (from coda's) in the kitchen and around the map, (and at the fields) but obviously because they are costumes in coda's and just made smaller maybe add them and change the overall height rather than just the meshes, this can cause some problems i know but you can work around them easily and they wouldnt enlarge when performing things and would fit in perfectly

-Some MH followers that can be unlocked via a new quest like unlock village chief

This is planned and i've already spoken to Coda about this, for Piggy

This is planned

-Training School

This is planned

-Random coins on floor

For transport testing the map is as i left it when testing stuff i didn't erase everything for the release :P

-Felyne Kitchen

This is known as i was making the auto door

-Dock edge mesh

This are pieces i looked at when looking through the parts for making a dock but this might be placed elsewhere

This are pieces i looked at when looking through the parts for making a dock but this might be placed elsewhere

I'm still testing i have no scripting knowledge

-Some different plants/trees when you go into them bushes it seems very? bland.... strange idk the word.

I'm aware of this , i might remove some of them as there are to many, or maybe place a different kind of model

-Text for the people around (imported yourself hopefully) i hate mods that just put charecters from the game again cause they always say something that doesnt fit

It's a Monster Hunter mod they will have the same text for a nostalgia feeling ^^, (maybe a little different so that it won't look strange)

I have many more ideas but i wont fill up your comments :) Thank you for the GREAT mod and keep up the amazing work :)

I don't mind ^^

I LOVE your mod and i mean love and as said previously i will give some feedback as i assume youd appreciate as much as possible, if not ignore this :)

I appreciate it :)

Things id love to see

-Monsters from either codas or that you make yourself imported that the chief will send you on a quest for

-Making this the starting area for if you restart as this would be really kool and a agreat monsterhunter feel

Hmmm maybe...don't think so , maybe (if i find out how)

I'll think about it, first i'll make it as is ingame

-Some self recorded lines for all the people in the town as personally i hate when people just copy them over as usually they will end up being mistakes, maybe listen to the ones on the actual games

It's a Monster Hunter mod they will have the same text for a nostalgia feeling ^^, (maybe a little different so that it won't look strange)

-Make the ships have some kind of feature such as the one from tri where you can send them out for equipment,

In a different mod maybe

also the felyne from the 1st two games should be in the field bit where you collect your crops.

Originally there is no Kokoto farm in Monster Hunter it was added in the psp versions, but the Character in the fields will be felynes

Once i learn how to script or find someone who knows how , for the moment no

-Some quests simalair to that of MH,

Quest will be once i figure out how

where you level up respectively and can add more things to your Felyne kitchen, your weapons and so so

-Add more plants, as personally i think you overused the same one around the main town and when you go in them it seems a bit bland/pointless.

It's a beta and unfinished , decorations aren't even started yet

-Fix the felyne kitchen

In a next update

and the docking edges

It's not even made yet

-Finish the docks

It's not even made yet and might be placed elsewhere

Is planned

-Add teaching school

Mmmm maybe once the zones are done/started

-Weapon/Armour stand people sell the weapons/armours from coda's and Quibber123's mods as this would be amazing

Once i figure out how to make working shops as of now i didn't get it to work

-Ask coda + Quibber's permission to merge all mods when complete,

Already done

and maybe somehow link them such as you can only make the weapons at the mh town forge,

Think this will be the case , if Coda and Quibber123 are okay with it as there mods are differently constructed

and only some weapons can be unlocked after such event, if necessary i will help with the scripting of that.

THAT would be very helpfull ^^

I have maaaaany more ideas which i will post later but im sure some of these will keep you busy if you choose to fortake some :)

Yeah, plus summer is approaching and i'm looking for work for next year's studies, so progress might be a bit slow, i think i'll have more time this summer

Again LOVE YOUR MOD, support it 100% and will be ready for any of your updates;) :)

Thanks ;)

Am i done? was that all O.o?

Erased to not make the comment to long

First i know you have your own plans but heres what i'd l[/color]ove to see

-Extended kitchen it looks to skyrimy' date=' and needs to feel more like monster hunter

The kitchen is not even started it's just a map, used for testing the auto door, don't worry i'm planning on making it as resembling as possible ^^

That, i think i won't do , just do "coc KokotoVillage01" (i'll do it maybe)

That would be in an other mod if made , i'm first of all planning to do Kokoto Village and it's zones

This is planned and i've already spoken to Coda about this, for Piggy

This is planned

-Training School

This is planned

-Random coins on floor

For transport testing the map is as i left it when testing stuff i didn't erase everything for the release :P

-Felyne Kitchen

This is known as i was making the auto door

-Dock edge mesh

I'm still testing i have no scripting knowledge

I'm aware of this , i might remove some of them as there are to many, or maybe place a different kind of model

I don't mind ^^

I appreciate it :)

Things id love to see

Hmmm maybe...don't think so , maybe (if i find out how)

I'll think about it, first i'll make it as is ingame

-Make the ships have some kind of feature such as the one from tri where you can send them out for equipment,

In a different mod maybe

also the felyne from the 1st two games should be in the field bit where you collect your crops.

Originally there is no Kokoto farm in Monster Hunter it was added in the psp versions, but the Character in the fields will be felynes

-Some quests simalair to that of MH,

Quest will be once i figure out how

where you level up respectively and can add more things to your Felyne kitchen, your weapons and so so

It's a beta and unfinished , decorations aren't even started yet

-Fix the felyne kitchen

In a next update

and the docking edges

It's not even made yet

-Finish the docks

It's not even made yet and might be placed elsewhere

Is planned

-Add teaching school

Mmmm maybe once the zones are done/started

Once i figure out how to make working shops as of now i didn't get it to work

-Ask coda + Quibber's permission to merge all mods when complete,

Already done

and maybe somehow link them such as you can only make the weapons at the mh town forge,

Think this will be the case , if Coda and Quibber123 are okay with it as there mods are differently constructed

and only some weapons can be unlocked after such event, if necessary i will help with the scripting of that.

THAT would be very helpfull ^^

Yeah, plus summer is approaching and i'm looking for work for next year's studies, so progress might be a bit slow, i think i'll have more time this summer

Thanks ;)

Am i done? was that all O.o?

Ye sorry XD and thank you for doing both even though i repeated as i said it crashed and it said it didnt send so i rewrite some of it :)

Much respected. Erm im trying to learn to script now if im honest so i will try greatly, but i think for the cart guy its just

If (Location selected)

Then (Coc(location) im not sure im doing a course on scripting now, and tbh bethesda has a whole different idea of scripting so ill look it up and try and help as much as possible :)

Oh and good idea with piggy follower LOVE IT :), Just curious? how will it attack, will it be like a dog/wolf? And if you are doing this maybe a jaggi or aptanoth

And i apologise for my mix up with Monster hunter 1 XD its been so long :P.

Anyways keep me updated so if i can help in anyway i can :).

Archived