[WIP] Monster Hunter Maps [Kokoto Village] BETA 1.4 UPLOADED!

Mitsarugi

the links are all the way down in the spoiler for 1.4 Beta.

as for entering the map ,you have to create a new game and once you enter the Helgen keep you'll find a big dwemer door or with the command "coc KokotoVillage01"( this is just for testing and will be placed somewhere else later)

Seeing the mods made by Coda and Quibber123 , being a huge fan of Monster Hunter since 2004 and having played all of them i felt the inspiration to make some map mods for a Monster Hunter like environment.

mhlogo.png

Kokoto Village in the game: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Kokoto_Village

1.4 Beta

All tho i am releasing this this is still a work in progress, i only work on it in my free time, so if you see stuff floating around or unfinished content it's normal ^^ , Tips and feedback is much appreciated, i would like to hear your ideas and suggestions so that the environment looks natural, as i don't know what the surroundings of the village look like ( monster hunter has maps that can't be seen in 3D i.e: the village) i only work of the pictures from the Wikia page.

SchradeRegion.jpg

Kokoto Village is located in the North West of the Monster Hunter map in the a region known as Schrade. It can be pin-pointed on the map by the letter E (ココット村). To the village's west, lies the Town of Minegarde (ミナガルデ), represented by the letter F, one of few places with a Hunter's Guild. To its northeast is an abandoned kingdom called Castle Schrade (シュレイド城) as the letter B.

so here is some work in progress.

Tips and comments are appreciated ^^

-Features-

· Kokoto Village

· Kokoto Farm

· Player Home

· Original Music Themes

· Mining

-Planned Features-

· Bomb Mining

· Fishing

· Bug Catching

· Etc..

-Screenies-

BEWARE BIG IMAGES!

Version 1.0:

Kokoto Village as it was on Ps2 (Did my best with the available resources :) ).

mitsarugikokotovillage.jpg

mitsarugikokotovillagew.png

mitsarugikokotovillaget.png

mitsarugikokotovillagep.png

mitsarugikokotovillagei.jpg

mitsarugikokotovillagei.jpg

mitsarugikokotovillageb.jpg

Version 1.1:

mitsarugikokotovillagek.jpg

Version 1.2:

mitsarugikokotovillagef.jpg

Version 1.3:

Version 1.4 Beta:

Bonus:

Monster Hunter Fonts i made (seen on monster hunter wikia)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ciaa4z450sg32x4

A lot of music

http://www.mediafire.com/?dgh9oo4lebvkd

If only all the different monster hunter mod creators would get together and make a mini monster hunter world within skyrim! I have 0 experience with creating mods but after seeing the other created zones people have made, making spawns of the specific MH monsters in a zone you make through this process doesn't seem too farfetched and really gets me excited! I'll bookmark this thread, I can really see it going places!

If only all the different monster hunter mod creators would get together and make a mini monster hunter world within skyrim! I have 0 experience with creating mods but after seeing the other created zones people have made' date=' making spawns of the specific MH monsters in a zone you make through this process doesn't seem too farfetched and really gets me excited! I'll bookmark this thread, I can really see it going places!

[/quote']

Coda seems interested in combining them but i think that will have to be done later when the mods arrive in their final state ^^

till then i'll just make some maps and improve them with the tips and comments people leave here :)

Are the ores the higher the better? XD

i thought about doing so :) , and i'll try to do the bomb mining too ^^

used the dwemer ballista for the fishing with a net i'll have to find a way to fire it and give fish :P

EDIT: Not sure what cave entrance to use :( , and i'll have to learn to make scripts -_-"

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mitsarugi if you want to give the villagers in this town MH weapons(if you even can) feel free to go ahead and do it.

i can ^^ ' date=' it was going to be in the next update ^^, but thanks now i have your permission :)

[/quote']

:3 ah ok sorry i didnt realise it wasnt uploaded my bad :s Would you be able to message me when it is, and if you talk to coda, he was actually wanting something like this to be done and he was going to rpogram the kiosk lady that sets quest to put quest markers on his monsters in his mod :P x i think u shud team up he said he needed a team :D

Hey Mitsarugi if you want to give the villagers in this town MH weapons(if you even can) feel free to go ahead and do it.

i can ^^ ' date=' it was going to be in the next update ^^, but thanks now i have your permission :)

[/quote']

:3 ah ok sorry i didnt realise it wasnt uploaded my bad :s Would you be able to message me when it is, and if you talk to coda, he was actually wanting something like this to be done and he was going to rpogram the kiosk lady that sets quest to put quest markers on his monsters in his mod :P x i think u shud team up he said he needed a team :D

dont worry ^^ coda and i had a talk already about that idea ^^

[/quote']

awesomes :3, well i fully support this dea :D x

[/quote']

Could i beta test this for you :3 x ^.^

[/quote']

Could i beta test this for you :3 x ^.^

i was working on the upload this morning but i seem to getting a freeze every 5mins i play :|

How is this mod built interior or exterior? if build interior it needs to have navmesh file in .esm just to let you know

It is made in a completely new Exterior World map, no worries the Exterior as the Interior maps Are Nevmeshed for your followers and Npc's ;p

it is in an Exterior map for the raison that i didn't want to change the original game and make the Mod easily to disable.

Was a tad curious' date=' unless it was stated somewhere I didn't see but where is the village inference to the in game map?

[/quote']

You said on coda's post that you released the beta for this how do i download it cause on the first page the media thing said it failed :(

Was a tad curious' date=' unless it was stated somewhere I didn't see but where is the village inference to the in game map?

[/quote']

You said on coda's post that you released the beta for this how do i download it cause on the first page the media thing said it failed :(

You would use the deposit file links then open them with winrar because they are split apart.

[/quote']

Sorry i forgot to mention that, it was late when i posted all this,

the links are all the way down in the spoiler for 1.4 Beta.

as for entering the map ,you have to create a new game and once you enter the Helgen keep you'll find a big dwemer door ( this is just for testing and will be placed somewhere else later)

Hi there, just grabbed this and thought I'd give it a whirl. First off- this is awesome. Really. Once you zoom the camera out it feels really similar to MH. Can't wait to go and kill those veloci-rator things with a ridiculous sword in the real environment :)

Did notice a few bugs though, and thought I'd post them in-case you're not aware.

The mountains kind of peel into view (is this something todo with LOD?):

Screen_Shot2.png

Floaty market items:

Screen_Shot3.png

The ladders are interesting (Does Skyrim support normal ladders?), the area for getting down again is kind of small:

Screen_Shot4.png

The grass is kind of thin:

Screen_Shot5.png

In the one house I could get into (First on the right approaching from the cart) I got trapped in the "Feline Kitchen":

Screen_Shot6.png

Oh and the docks are a bit of a mess :P I got a crash over there at one point as well. Another thing was that the area in which the awesome music played was a little bit smaller than the villiage - going into corners makes it stop and revert back to vanilla Skyrim music.

You may be aware of all of these, in which case feel free to disregard all of my post. Just thought that seeing as this is a beta a bit of bug-testing could help.

Hi there' date=' just grabbed this and thought I'd give it a whirl. First off- this is awesome. Really. Once you zoom the camera out it feels really similar to MH. Can't wait to go and kill those veloci-rator things with a ridiculous sword in the real environment :)

Did notice a few bugs though, and thought I'd post them in-case you're not aware.

Floaty market items:

Screen_Shot3.png

The ladders are interesting (Does Skyrim support normal ladders?), the area for getting down again is kind of small:

Screen_Shot4.png

Screen_Shot5.png

In the one house I could get into (First on the right approaching from the cart) I got trapped in the "Feline Kitchen":

Screen_Shot6.png

Oh and the docks are a bit of a mess :P I got a crash over there at one point as well. Another thing was that the area in which the awesome music played was a little bit smaller than the villiage - going into corners makes it stop and revert back to vanilla Skyrim music.

You may be aware of all of these, in which case feel free to disregard all of my post. Just thought that seeing as this is a beta a bit of bug-testing could help.

First of all thanks for testing it ^^

as for the bugs:

What do you mean? Sorry i didn't understand what you're trying to say (I'm not English :P)

Floaty market items:

I am aware of this, as i stated in the first post ^^, This is because i was busy creating the decoration for the market and just left the decoration i found interesting floating there so i wouldn't forget about it ;)

I know it's kind of small, but if you play in 1st person view it shouldn't be a problem or you could always jump ;p , i'll see what i can do about it :)

It isn't finished yet, so i just placed the most important stuff and will get to decoration a little later

This is because i was busy creating the Automatic passage to the Kitchen and so the kitchen is just a copy of the house with no exit -_-' sorry about that.

Oh and the docks are a bit of a mess :P I got a crash over there at one point as well.

The docks are just an idea i was working on as the village normally let's you go to all kind of places, maybe i'll replace it with the training school ^^

Another thing was that the area in which the awesome music played was a little bit smaller than the villiage - going into corners makes it stop and revert back to vanilla Skyrim music.

Kokoto Farm? Yeah i didn't finish yet setting the music for every CELL, this will be done in later updates as i was just testing if the music worked ( i had the CK 1.4 and it gave me crashes all the time, so since i now have the CK 1.5 i was testing the music)

I was aware of every bug, but i still thank you for your support, it really makes me want to finish this project ^^

Is anyone willing to create a monster hunter race with unique bodytype and monster hunter armor so we can all have npcs that looks like theyre from MH

You should ask Coda for that, He's doing all the monsters...

And Quibber123 is doing the Armors...

That's cool man, I thought you might know all the bugs already but it's always worth checking.

About the mountain thing, here are some photos to explain. Both are taken from the same position, just with the camera rotated slightly. As you can see the size of the mountain changes.

Screen_Shot9.png

Screen_Shot10.png

The docks would be awesome - you could have a ship at the docks in Solitude which sails you from Skyrim to MH-land!

Archived