CTD - Unknown Reason

Green Tryst

Hoping to see if someone has an idea of what I did wrong (or didn't do wrong).  Tried mods for the first time Sunday.  Everything went fairly well until I switched out Submit for Progressive (possible mistake #1) and downloaded new SexLab framework (possible mistake #2).  I ended up with a lot of CDT and not being able to fast-travel or load other saves prior to my last save.  I pulled out all mod material, uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim and reapplied the mods (all at the same time, possibly mistake #3), and started a new game.

I tried to avoid posting, and have learned quite a bit about LOOT, Wyre Bash, TES5Edit, and Boss.  Still having a consistent CDT under these circumstances.  During the attack on Helgen, I follow the Stormcloak into the tower.  He frees me and I loot his dead male comrade.  If I take the weapon or boot, fine.  Armor causes instant CDT.  If I do not take the armor but take off my prison garb for my female character, instant CDT.  Looting the dead female Imperial captain from the first fight did not cause a crash.  There are random crashes occasionally, including when I hit continue from the load screen, so there is some kind of other instability.

Here is a list of my plugins and mods, along with what I have done to them and know about them from the tools available:

MODS

CBBE

Evil Lair of Hydra v 1-4 (DISABLED: Loot suggesting a TES5 cleaning, which I did, decided to keep it disabled until the game stabilized).

FNIS Behavior V 6-2 (ACTIVE)

FNIS Create Pack 6-1 (ACTIVE)

FNIS Spells V 5-0-1 (ACTIVE)

NetImmerse Ovveride V 3-4-4 (ACTIVE)

Papyrus Utility (ACTIVE, but no idea why I got it or how to use it).

SkyUI (ACTIVE)

PLUGINS (ACTIVE, in load order, ordered by LOOT)

Skyrim-esm

Update-esm (LOOT identified missing files, recommended cleaning.  Cleaned it with TES5 with Deactivated Evil Lair of Hydra, which got rid of all the LOOT warning, error, and dirty plugin notifications.  LOOT still has green writing stating "C.Location, Delev, Invent, Relev"

SOS - Core-esm

SexLab-esm

SexLabAroused-esm (BOSS is stating that this is causing instant CDT because SexLab.esm is not active, which is odd given the SexLab.esm is active in-game).

ZaZAnimationPack-esm

Devious Devices - Asset-esm

Devious Devices - Integration-esm (Wyre Bash is showing this with an orange box, reorder Master)

Devious Devices - Expansion-esm (Wyre Bash is showing this with an orange box, reorder Master)

SkyUI-esp

Devious Deviants.esp (Wyre Bash is showing this with an orange box, reorder Master)

SOS-esp

SexLab Submit-esp (Wyre Bash is showing this with an orange box, reorder Master)

Mighty Beast - Werewolves.esp (Bashed this on Wyre's suggestion)

FNISspells-esp

SexLab Cumshot-esp

PersonalEyes-esp

SOS - Phygnos Default Add-on-esp

DW-esp

FeaFollower-esp

ElllaFollower-esp

FNIS-esp

Bashed Patch 0-esp

Deactivated Plugins (Disabled for awhile due to missing APACHII hair)

dunAngriREF-esp

GormlaithGoldenHilt-esp

26 some odd female NPCs from Hotter Skyrim, all esp.

If the only solution is to try and error this or to start over again from scratch, I understand, but if there is a way to fix or a way to avoid this again (besides putting in all the mods at the same time), that would be great.  Still pretty new to using the mods, but getting the hang of it :)

did you install the new mods/versions and then try to open a previous save? if so, that's probably the problem. your save will crack a little every time you change anything with the mods - it's best not to add or subtract any while playing. 

you can do a clean save (hard save, exit, uninstall the mod/install new one, open game, another hard save, exit the game).that usually fixes most issues, at least for awhile. and there are script cleaning tools available to get rid of orphan code, but the only sure way to have the most stable playthrough possible is to start over whenever you add or subtract mods. which is why i still haven't ever finished the game - i keep finding new or updated mods i want to use.

if you're on a new save, you're missing a dependency. run TES5Edit (have it load all mods) to discover what you're missing.

Edit: also, run LOOT, if you haven't, to make sure things are in the right order.

Archived