Question about editing standalone followers

Neogeo

This may sound somewhat dumb but is there a general way to adjust things such as height or weight on a standalone follower? I tried loading up a follower's esp file along with skyrim.esm and update.esm in CK and it correctly applies the weight change but ingame, nothing is changed.

Try making a .esp patch. This patch would be the same as the adjustment you try to make directly to the main follower file, except that it's its own .esp.

After that, start a new game; if you try to edit a character you've already met, you  won't see any changes. A new game is the key.

Happy modding. I'm trying to make an addon for Slaverun Reloaded.

This may sound somewhat dumb but is there a general way to adjust things such as height or weight on a standalone follower? I tried loading up a follower's esp file along with skyrim.esm and update.esm in CK and it correctly applies the weight change but ingame, nothing is changed.

You don't want to change the weight of a follower. That is because either you'll get a neck gap or a potatoface. If you want their weight to be different without any issues you should go the bodyslide route. Meaning if the follower's body is cbbe for example, you create both the small and big bodies to be the same size in bodyslide and then replace the followers body with the one generated by bodyslide.

You can change the height of a follower by opening the console in-game, clicking the follower to select them and then using the setscale command.

You don't want to change the weight of a follower. That is because either you'll get a neck gap or a potatoface. If you want their weight to be different without any issues you should go the bodyslide route. Meaning if the follower's body is cbbe for example, you create both the small and big bodies to be the same size in bodyslide and then replace the followers body with the one generated by bodyslide.

You can change the height of a follower by opening the console in-game, clicking the follower to select them and then using the setscale command.

I see, thanks. However, changing weight via console commands replaces their head with a default one for the current race and gender of the follower. Probably because the game fails to correctly apply the neck changes to the head mesh at that time.

I'll give the Bodyslide route a shot though.

Archived