Animated clothes ??

Guest Donkey

Guest Donkey

How hard will it be to create animated clothes under 3dmax ?? some people claim 3dmax is easy to create animations. But i have not tried yet. What i want to acchieve is making something like tease animations where you will show part of undressing like showing your boobs then readd the clothes aferwards.

Defenatly like to try creating something like this since the body mods and clothes looks more real under skyrim.

How hard will it be to create animated clothes under 3dmax ?? some people claim 3dmax is easy to create animations. But i have not tried yet. What i want to acchieve is making something like tease animations where you will show part of undressing like showing your boobs then readd the clothes aferwards.

Defenatly like to try creating something like this since the body mods and clothes looks more real under skyrim.

Donkey, you may want to check out the mod I'm working on. It's basically a larger scope version of the BU Framework, but for Skyrim. I'm still trying to determine if animations on armor work in Skyrim (maybe you know?), but if they do I think you would be able to create some killer stuff with the mod. I already have the mesh swapping capability working and stable for NPCs and the player (with some testing remaining).

Link to the official forums post regarding it: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1368359-wip-dynamic-armor-framework-daf/

I also just posted a topic on these boards about it (the same information): http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=7351

Correct me if I'm wrong but the problem with animated clothes or armor is that it is always be animated on your character, whatever he or she is doing. To use physics you need to modify skeleton (add some extra bones and attach clothes parts to those bones). With so many mods changing skeleton in Skyrim outhere (bbp, sex animations etc) this is pretty doomed idea, unless someone create universal skeleton.

Someone DID for oblivion. It's not so out there to think someone could for Skyrim.

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=37173

This armor I believe. But again it is static mesh animation. Donkey needs animate clothes in the way it could be normal when lets say your character walking, idle, fightin and then animated when some trigger pools undressing animation, right? I think it not possible without mesh swapping.

The stripping idea is cool, but does that also mean badass capes that actually flutter in the wind? I know Guildwars had the whole animated cape thing, although it occasionally clipped into the player model, it still looked better than the stiff capes that Skyrim and Oblivion had!

• 3 months later...

well I think we can talk about it again :D I think everyone of us has seen the cape of the harkon vl and how it moved. To me' date=' it looks like animated cloth!

[/quote']

Oh god you are right that looks like physics , are we sure though ?

So many thing that can be done with that , ahhhhh :rolleyes:

Archived