Noob help please, I did read many sources before posting...

Abyssal Scholar

Been working on this for too long, now I have to ask for help. Feels bad man.

I'm here because maybe others won't understand my perverted mods that will come up. That and you guys and girls are awesome!

My new rig:MSI GT72 Dominator Pro

Nvidia GTX980M 4Gigs RAM, i7-5700HQ @ 2.7GHz 24GB RAM, Windows 8.1

Save game size about 10Mb. Almost all mods installed early with very few uninstalled

My problem: 55 FPS outside/inside for a short while, but it always ends up at about 7FPS over the next 2 to 20 min. New computer and I'm new to Skyrim(but remember Daggerfall), so first off what should my expectations be with 2k packs and a moderate ENB like TrueVision? I know it's an old game but maybe I underestimated just how much horsepower ENB's, etc's can use.

Didn't look like I could run Realvision but long story short it was my first ENB and it showed me my save wasn't corrupt and one problem was a memory issue. Now it looks like it's my precious mods. The real mystery is which mods are screwing with me? Testing is showing none in particular though the magic titty blaster seems to eat 10fps if my three other magic mods are on but that leaves 40FPS more to find.

I don't really understand whats going on and how to fix it. I can load any game with any combination of the mods I had been using. If I just load the high graphic stuff that should bog down anyone and I can hum away at 55FPS (low 70's if nothing at all is going on) anywhere, anytime (I guess it drops a bit in a big town fight). Plug in the old ultra violence and I'm down to 7FPFS.

Is it really poor papyrus script bottlenecking? Will removing the most script heavy fix it so I can cull as little as possible? Am I barking up the wrong tree? It's been one issue after another but I believe this is the last before smooth sailing.

Have you checked the temperatures? It might be overheating the gpu. It may be starting at high fps then throttling down as the gpu overheats.

The gpu should be more than enough to handle some enbs and high textures, you have more than enough ram, and your processor should be good enough. So the specs are fine, its gotta be something else causing the low framerate.

Temp is fine on gpu and cpu. Everything points to the mods, I'm just having a hard time believing that graphics mods aren't the problem. I'm 55FPS with only ENB and 2k textures and the rest of the mods disabled, so it must be mods. How could this be so? I'll post my mod list after work and maybe someone could point out any troublemakers in the mix. I'm working in China so probably on the wrong side of everyone's clock.

Edit. If it helps: oh and when I get the 7 FPS my gpu usage drops to almost nothing

Damn, there's a lot...  I use loot and think about placement before I use loot

2XRes All-in-One UUNP HDT Animated Pussy Alternate Actors AmazingFollowerTweaks
ApachiiSkyHair v 1 6 Full ApachiiSkyHairFemale ApachiiSkyHairMale Apocalypse
Beard High Resolution Better MessageBox Controls BFS Effects 3 6 – BSA BFS Effects 3 6 - Dragonborn Dawnguard
Bijin Bijin NPCs Bijin Wives UNP BodySlide and Outfit Studio
Brawl Bugs - Compatibility Edition Captured Dreams v3.84 full Climates Of Tamriel-V COMPLETE FULL 2k textures
Creature Features 1 0 4 Penis Patch DD Captured Dream male patch Deadly Spell Impacts Devious Device for Him
Devious Devices Assets Devious Devices Expansion Devious Devices for the Masses II Devious Male Addon
DeviousDevices Integration DW dripping wett Elsidor Jorvaskr full pack Elsidor Jorvaskr full pack 1 05a
Estrus Alt Textures Estrus Alternate Sounds - Tiffany Estrus Chaurus v3.94 Spider Addon V3 Estrus Chaurus v4.20a
EstrusForSkyrimV120 EstrusMimics FillHerUp FNIS
FNIS Behavior FNIS Behavior V6_1-11811-6-1 FNIS Creature Pack 5 3 Beta1 FNIS Spells V5 0 1 -- ADD-ON for the spells
Fuz Ro Doh GUK HDT Physics Extensions HentaiPregnancySoulGemBirthV1 00
HornyDogsOfSkyrim optional HPChildrenPlugin1 (hentai preg not cp...) Immersive Weapons Improved Vanilla Mountains HD
Inconsequential NPCs 1 dot 9e Lizard with Nipples Lydia Private Version MagicNippleAnimation Float
MagicNippleSkeleton MagicNippleSpells Mighty Beasts – Werewolf More Bandit Camps
More Dynamic Shadows and Striping Fixed - by PuuLoo More Nasty Critters MoreBanditCamps Sexslaves
Necro NetImmerse Override v-3-4 NonReplacerModPatchedV7 OBIS
OBIS patch PapyrusUtil v31 Populated Cities 2 RaceCompatibility with fixes
RaceCompatibilityDialogue RaceMenu v3-4 Realistic Force Ruins Clutter Improved 2
Sexlab - Sound FX Pregnant SexLab - Sound FX Replacer SexLab Attraction Sexlab Bukkake
SexLab CreatureAnimations v160 SexLab Defeat v5.2.2 Sexlab Display Slave SexLab Extra Voices 1.1b
sexlab necro sexlab necro 0 05a Sexlab NSLA SexLab SFX old
SexLab Toys v1.3 SexLab Voices MixedupJim for Extra Voices 1.1b slots F04-F10 SexLabAroused V27a
SexLabFramework v160 hotfix2 FULL SexLabHentaiPregnancyV1 19 ESM SexLabMatchMaker SexLabSquirt
SexSlavesForVanillaBandits Skyrim Flora Overhaul Regular Edition Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version SkyUI
SOS SOS - GRworks HDT Willy Addon SOS_Leito_Schlongs_Addon v1.0.1 Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization 1 02 Full Version 
Sounds of Skyrim - The Dungeons Full Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds 1 13 Full Version SpectatorCrowdsUltra0" Spells Will Give Off Light
Static Mesh Improvement Mod The Beauty of Skyrim - Caves and Mines The Beauty of Skyrim - Dungeons 2k TroubleMakers Clothing Craftable UNPB - BBP
TrueVision Unofficial High Resolution Patch Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
UNP Texture Replacer Package UNPB armor replacer package with hdt and pregnancy support
XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended ZazAnimationPack Main v0605 ZazAnimationPack Patch v0607 ZazAnimationPack Textures v0605

There must be a better way to convey this information, sorry for making your eyes bleed.

I know I have a lot but is there any big offenders that jump out screaming they may be responsible for a 50FPS drop?

Without understanding the problem it's so hard for me to troubleshoot. I'm guessing a script is clogging up the game engine but that's only process of elimination. Can texture mods jam things up even if my GPU can keep up? Should I focus on what I guess to be script heavy like organized bandit camps,  devious devices for the masses and Estus Mimic?

Thanks @Sila for confirming I don't have unreasonable expectations for my machine.

Just delete this thread

After about 2 weeks more or less unplayable I'm up. But I really don't know what I did, it was either in the ini's or the mods but nothing for anyone to learn from.

If it's not deleted my only wisdom is don't use solutions from a few years ago, it's redundant at the best of times.

Damn, there's a lot...  I use loot and think about placement before I use loot

2XRes All-in-One UUNP HDT Animated Pussy
Alternate Actors
AmazingFollowerTweaks
ApachiiSkyHair v 1 6
Full ApachiiSkyHairFemale
ApachiiSkyHairMale
Apocalypse
Beard High Resolution
Better MessageBox Controls
BFS Effects 3 6 – BSA
BFS Effects 3 6 - Dragonborn Dawnguard
Bijin Bijin NPCs
Bijin Wives
UNP BodySlide and Outfit Studio
Brawl Bugs - Compatibility Edition
Captured Dreams v3.84 full
Climates Of Tamriel-V COMPLETE FULL 2k textures
Creature Features 1 0 4 Penis Patch
DD Captured Dream male patch
Deadly Spell Impacts <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Remove, never worked well since the beginning, I don't trust this mod
Devious Device for Him
Devious Devices Assets
Devious Devices Expansion
Devious Devices for the Masses II
Devious Male Addon
DeviousDevices Integration
DW dripping wett Elsidor Jorvaskr full pack Elsidor Jorvaskr full pack 1 05a
Estrus Alt Textures
Estrus Alternate Sounds
- Tiffany Estrus Chaurus v3.94
Spider Addon V3 Estrus Chaurus v4.20a
EstrusForSkyrimV120
EstrusMimics
FillHerUp FNIS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Remove Have Hentia Pregnancy
FNIS Behavior FNIS Behavior V6_1-11811-6-1
FNIS Creature Pack 5 3 Beta1
FNIS Spells V5 0 1 -- ADD-ON for the spells
Fuz Ro Doh
GUK HDT Physics Extensions
HentaiPregnancySoulGemBirthV1 00
HornyDogsOfSkyrim
optional HPChildrenPlugin1 (hentai preg not cp...)
Immersive Weapons
Improved Vanilla Mountains HD
Inconsequential NPCs 1 dot 9e
Lizard with Nipples
Lydia Private Version
MagicNippleAnimation Float
MagicNippleSkeleton
MagicNippleSpells
Mighty Beasts – Werewolf
More Bandit Camps<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< I don't trust this mod, has Navmesh issues OR had issues
More Dynamic Shadows and Striping Fixed - by PuuLoo <<<<<<<<<<<<<<----Remove, you are using ENB, make that do the shadows way better
More Nasty Critters
MoreBanditCamps Sexslaves<<<<<<<<<<Remove
Necro NetImmerse Override v-3-4
NonReplacerModPatchedV7
OBIS
OBIS patch
PapyrusUtil v31
Populated Cities 2
RaceCompatibility with fixes
RaceCompatibilityDialogue
RaceMenu v3-4
Realistic Force
Ruins Clutter Improved 2
Sexlab - Sound FX Pregnant SexLab - Sound FX Replacer
SexLab Attraction
Sexlab Bukkake
SexLab CreatureAnimations v160
SexLab Defeat v5.2.2
Sexlab Display Slave
SexLab Extra Voices 1.1b
sexlab necro
sexlab necro 0 05a
Sexlab NSLA
SexLab SFX old
SexLab Toys v1.3
SexLab Voices MixedupJim for Extra Voices 1.1b
slots F04-F10
SexLabAroused V27a
SexLabFramework v160 hotfix2
FULL SexLabHentaiPregnancyV1 19 ESM
SexLabMatchMaker
SexLabSquirt<<<<<<<<<has this been fixed yet?
SexSlavesForVanillaBandits
Skyrim Flora Overhaul Regular Edition
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version<<<<<<<<<<<<<<I don't think you need this with your good computer, may actually cause issue's with other mods...Like Conflicts...Double check compatibility....But otherwise is it really worth using with that computer....prob not
SkyUI
SOS SOS - GRworks HDT Willy Addon
SOS_Leito_Schlongs_Addon v1.0.1
Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization 1 02 Full Version <<<Many of the Sounds Options for Download have a cost in resource use and can slow down a heavily modded game to a crawl
Sounds of Skyrim - The Dungeons Full
Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds 1 13 Full
Version SpectatorCrowdsUltra0" <<<---Known to cause slow downs with sex scenes, can cause issues with heavy modded game
Spells Will Give Off Light <<<----Better not be the shadow casting version...that'd soak a ton of resources
Static Mesh Improvement Mod
The Beauty of Skyrim - Caves and Mines
The Beauty of Skyrim - Dungeons 2k
TroubleMakers Clothing Craftable UNPB - BBP
TrueVision
Unofficial High Resolution Patch
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
UNP Texture Replacer Package
UNPB armor replacer package with hdt and pregnancy support
XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended
ZazAnimationPack Main v0605
ZazAnimationPack Patch v0607
ZazAnimationPack Textures v0605

Other than what I marked off......

You have to realize that your game is literally trying to attach

-Arroused Values to every NPC (including animals due to Creature Framework) in the 5 Ugrid section that your character is in

-Checks for females and males and then applies Devious Devices to them according to random roll...Due to Devious Devices for the Masses

OBIS,

Dynamically adds more Spawns,

Makes the spawns behave differently due to scipts

Can also check and add more stuff like Potions to every bandit....

So considering that you added a lot more bandit spawn points, each of those "normal" spawn points potentially adding a random number of 1-3 more bandits which could also be script driven special bandits who also have to be equipped with Aroused Values, Potions, and Devious Devices PLUS the fact that they also have to now be effected by Devious Device Integrations device polling....

So there is an absolute metric fart load of stuff that the script system has to account for in real time.

On top of that you have a known Sounds mods list that adds to your Script Load to create a dynamic atmosphere with sounds (ordinarily would be very cool but here we are 5 years later with so many more mods that want those resources)

Your going to have to trim back a lot.

New game would be best advice once you have figured out how much to trim...Should be quite a bit actually.

Also I don't think the authors of Populated Cities, Obis, More Bandit Camps, non-important NPC's ever really thought a guy would want to cram all of those NPC's into the game and then run mods that would have to apply effects to all of those added NPC's....

To Long To Read

You have Much NPC

Each of them have at least 3 major script calls being applied in real time. (for non-bandits)

5 major real time scripts to run for Bandits.

This has a major impact on Frame Rates.

So Im attempting to describe a situation where, you have a whole lot of extra NPC...Like 2 to 5 times more NPC's....Then you have Mods that run immediately when those NPC's spawn into your space....They all want to attach special stuff to them

Normally those mods wouldn't be an issue but you can have situation where you have 5 times as many as normal.

TLDR - hell no, without your thoughts on why it wouldn't have been useful. You didn't fix my problem by telling me what to do, you helped me see what I kinda knew but wasn't grasping. Especially the sounds one - never crossed my mind. Also explains why deactivation of only one or two mods on their own didn't resolve much even if some made a slight difference compared to others... like spell shadows... Already suspicious of OBIS and Populated Cites. I'll be tweaking for a while then while I figure what's most important for my experience in the big picture.

Now last week I did something that helped a lot  (45fps) without some of the heavier ones on the list, but it's came back(12fps) somehow and you've showed/stressed ones I wasn't worried about so I have a place to start..

I'm suspicious of Estrus series and hentai preg but you didn't mention it, oversight or am I paranoid? (please don't take my tentacle beast)

Now I have heard the dreaded start a new game thrown around to other people and now it comes my way. Is the reason because these super cool but over the top mods have sunk their cancer into my save game that will keep the fps issue going? Removing unattached instances is not the fix I want it to be? Can I throw money at the problem?

edit: What, you spell check before posting?

I'm reading this as a choice between the populated cities & extra raiders Vs devious devices - is that correct (easy choice)? can I still keep inconsequential NPC's?

Kill the sound mods - is there a good alternative?

get rid of the redundancies. spectators, and a few more

I make the new mod manager load order and boot up - outside is a beautiful 55fps woot, ...but Solitude 20 dropping to 12fps. Is this because I have fucked my savegame a giant electric dildo that was just too big, now my save is broken? Cleaning the save game made no difference. 

Its the CPU... when ur GPU usage goes down but the CPU usage does not its the CPU Bottlenecking the GPU... i blame the low clock speed. (witch is ofc not ur fault)

Cut the high resoulution textures and meshes with a high polycount... and keep in mind that everything that spawn has to be calculated by the CPU...  even down to the butterflies xD

a resoulution explaination is in the spoiler... if u care read it but its uninportant... fun to know tho.

say u load 1 picture thats 1280x720. you acctually loaded 1280 times 720 pixels (921.600 pixels)load another one thats 1920x1080. this time u loaded 1920 times 1080 pixels (2.073.600 pixels) thats an increase in almost a million pixels per frame. if u run 50 fps your pc is renderring 103.680.000 pixels... PER SECOND. thats only 1080p... when u start to put in 4K textures your pc needs to load 3840 x 2160 pixels... one frame would then equal 8.294.400 pixels... meaning you would be looking at a 75% increase in load for any given ecually sized frame. now ur CPU has to load all this... the GPU is capable... but the CPU wont be able too keep feeding the GPU enught to keep up 60 FPS... (60 FPS in 4K is 497.664.000 Pixels PER SECOND)

I'm not sure what to tell you to do other than you have to trim.

As the results can be very different and its about what you want to try to play.

I know you need to remove NPC's if you keep mods that are applying active scripts to them.

Or

Remove the mods that apply active scripts to them.

Run Ordinator to reduce the Texture File Size of your textures....

Maybe even chop them down to 1024 size.

Add Mip Maps

Change the DX compression.

Double Check the ENBlocal, SkyPrefs.ini  see that ENB is for sure set up properly to help the game run.

See about the SKSE memory blocks is actually working or use SSME.

OK wanted to do some play testing to confirm but we got it nailed down to a much smother performance. Both solutions were very useful. And... I found something else that wasn't on the first list because I can't stop downloading. So yah helpful and informative, thanks guys!

So if you have a good machine, you can run a shitload of mods but you still need to be careful. 

Archived