Installing Fallout 4, so which mods do i install?

Zaselim

Hello everyone,

As i mentioned i am installing the game (for the first time) i wanna know which mods do i install to maximize the experience in terms of graphics, immersion, armors, body mods (with nude option), face and hair mods if they are available now, lightings, weapons, enb etc etc before i start the game..

I will be grateful for the help.

I was reading a guide and it only tells of the ini settings, mod manager.

Enbost and shadow boast which i dont need.

If its your first time I would suggest to play without the mods. You don't need mods right now to enjoy this game, when I played this game I was mostly installing re-texture mods like higher quality desks etc or custom paint jobs.

And try to avoid (many)plugin based mods (.esps) since they may corrupt and break your save.

But lol you want way too much from this game, it will take a year at least for decent mods to appear.

I only want to play the game for the mods

And i know it will take time for the mods to appear.

But i was asking for the ones which are available right now.

Like textures, face mods (textures, eyes, brows, hairs etc), enviornmentals mods, best enb so far etc etc.

I my self is a modder and made few body mods and armors(original and conversions) for the body mods for skyrim and i know these things take time.

I just want the ones available at the moments.

Thanks for you reply..

The modding tools are not released yet, so most of the mods you have requested do not exist.

Having said that, some of the existing mods may fit what you want, and I personally run with them. They don't change much in the way of gameplay, it's pretty much entirely immersion based.

Stars Texture Overhaul - Higher definition sparkly stars

Darker Nights

PipBoy Shadows - PipBoy and headlamps can produce shadows

Light Tweaks - Gets rid of some of the 'daylight' areas inside buildings

Better Armor and Weapon Naming and Sorting - Needed when you start getting variant tiers (light / medium / heavy) of armor

Younger Looking Maxson - Because seriously, he's 20 years old

Better Weapon Mod Descriptions - Gives you actual NUMBERS for what mods do

NewDialog - Brings back the old non-console chat UI, and lets you see what your character will say with those lines. No more Mass Effect syndrone.

Paladin Danse face clean up - WASH YOUR GODDAMN FACE. Now I just need a mod to clean his armor a bit, too. Looks like he's been mud wrestling

True Storms - Wasteland Edition - Better SFX and visuals

Ceanos Brahmin - Re-textured beige/green brahmin, rather than bright pink.

Realistic Weapon Sounds - Delicious, sensible weapon sounds

Mode (Get Out The Way) - Sprint at NPCs to get them to move out of your way

Radiant Birds - Birdsong, crows cawing and seagulls

Improved Map with Visible Roads

A Little Bit of Green - Slight 'livening' of the plants and trees in Fallout. A little bit of green and some leaves

Quieter Settlements - Generators and turrets are noisy as hell without this

Faster Terminal Displays - Terminals now display a little faster

Immersive Mouth and Teeth - Realistic mouth and teeth textures

Craftable Ammo - Craft ammo at chemistry station

Eyes of Beauty - Nicer eyes

Lowered Weapons - Run around with your weapons NOT POINTED AT EVERYONE

Vivid Fallout Rocks - Original Size - Makes rocks look actually ROCKY, but at the original size / resolution level

Lore Friendly Ghoul Eyes - Now with pupils, like previous games, rather than black holes of oblivion

Time on Loading Screen and PipBoy Time - What? It's 4AM?!

WET - Water Enhancement Textures

More Where That Came From - Adds songs from previous fallout games to Diamond City Radio

The modding tools are not released yet, so most of the mods you have requested do not exist.

Having said that, some of the existing mods may fit what you want, and I personally run with them. They don't change much in the way of gameplay, it's pretty much entirely immersion based.

Darker Nights

Better Armor and Weapon Naming and Sorting - Needed when you start getting variant tiers (light / medium / heavy) of armor

NewDialog - Brings back the old non-console chat UI, and lets you see what your character will say with those lines. No more Mass Effect syndrone.

Paladin Danse face clean up - WASH YOUR GODDAMN FACE. Now I just need a mod to clean his armor a bit, too. Looks like he's been mud wrestling

A Little Bit of Green - Slight 'livening' of the plants and trees in Fallout. A little bit of green and some leaves

Vivid Fallout Rocks - Original Size - Makes rocks look actually ROCKY, but at the original size / resolution level

Lore Friendly Ghoul Eyes - Now with pupils, like previous games, rather than black holes of oblivion

More Where That Came From - Adds songs from previous fallout games to Diamond City Radio

Thanks, one question. do i install the mods in the manner you listed or however i want or do i have to follow a specified load order?

Thanks again for the mod list.

Darker Nights

Thanks, one question. do i install the mods in the manner you listed or however i want or do i have to follow a specified load order?

Thanks again for the mod list.

No specific load order, that's just the order they were in my downloads history. None of them are particularly reliant on any others that I know of. They're all changes to UI / lighting / textures / data display, rather than anything fundamental to the game. Darker Nights might affect AI detection, but I'm not sure.

I didn't list my settlement mods as they're fairly crash happy, and unreliable until GECK appears.

Archived