Mekka The Dwarven Cyborg Armor Conversion Request or Help

sshadow5001

I came across this follower mod on the Nexus and the outfit looks pretty great. the problem is it doesn't seem to function properly with your characters body (Her tits clip through the top lol)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71919/?

Anyone familiar with armor conversion wanna take a crack at it? or point me in the direction of what I need to attempt to do it myself?

Thanks in advance

Easier I'll tell you how to do it yourself with nifskope so that you will be able to do it whenever you need to. Make a copy of the dwarvenspicearmor.nif for safe keeping. Now load the dwarvenspicearmor.nif into nifskope. Right click it and go to transform scale vertices.

The line with Y 1.0000 change it to 1.0900 hit ok then repeat but this time with line X change the number to 1.0100 and hit ok. Then hit save as to overwrite the nif and go into game and check how it looks. The chest clipping should be gone there might still be a minor clip as I can't tell as I'm not using the armor textures. This will cause minor clipping on the one arm band but it's better then the boobs sticking out.

post-25667-0-58955900-1450127903_thumb.jpg

If there is still clipping there don't adjust using the same 0 use one of the 0's after it as the farther right you go the more minor the adjustments are. 

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/NifSkopeHere is nifskope if you don't have it.

Or you can see if this is better if you can't figure nifskope out.

dwarvenspicearmor.nif

Her body and outfit doesn't come with any BBP/TBBP and you using UNPB won't affect her unless you changed her body or are trying to use the stuff for your player. If you are trying to use it for yourself you would have to make a 2nd version and run it through mesh rigger to add the nodes from your UNPB body to the outfit then add the 2nd version to the .esp for your player to wear. 

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta89f-10-26-2014/

OK I think I've run into a problem. following the instructions in the link you gave me I've got to the point where I'm installing PyFFI 2.2.2 and its telling me to select which components to install. now I've just now downloaded Python 3.4 like the guide told me but the PyFFI is only giving me the options for 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 & 3.3?

Am I missing something?

OK so I've downloaded Python 3.4 and Mesh Rigger Portable v.0.89.k

Is there anything else I'm missing? when I open up the "Tools RC_89_k_Upgrade" folder that I extracted it to and double click Mesh Rigger.bat i get "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

First of all, the dress and cape are accessories and neither take up the main armor slot. Which means if you're wearing them alone/not with the armor piece that was made to fit them, you'll need to convert it to the appropriate body type to guarantee it fits whatever you're using.

Secondly, none of those pieces have weight slider support and only seem to have meshes for the _0 body weight. Which means that it still won't fit correctly unless your character is set to 0 weight, or you modify the pieces to fit your exact body/weight and none others. And if you were going to go through the trouble of doing that, you may as well just make a 100 weight and impliment your own weight slider support.

And thirdly, as noted earlier, the outfit doesn't inherently support extra bones associated with HDT or TBBP. You'll have to add them yourself as well. Mesh Rigger is a fantastic tool for doing this but it has a bit of a learning curve just like all aspects of modding do. I'm not going to try to walk you through installing Python, but if you downloaded the correct version from gerra6's website and extracted everything you need, the bat files should work. Make sure inside the tools folder you have a PythonPortable subfolder.

If it were me, I'd convert the outfit to bodyslide. Outfit Studio has all the tools you need to make the outfit work including the ability to copy bone weights though not as accurately as Mesh Rigger. And, while it does still have its own learning curve, it is a lot easier to use than 3DS Max or Blender. But those are the problems you need to solve.

Archived