Probably an easy question and I think I know but...

Vuulgar

2 parts....I am getting ready to start using Mod Organizer Alpha release but I have installed a few texture mods and a couple esp mods that broke after the patch. Is there anything in data folder I shouldnt delete or can I get rid of it all and start with a pure game?

Second, I have Skyrim with MO, LOOT, etc on the same hard drive I will be playing FO4, is there anything special about running 2 of all this software, where to install, avoiding conflicts, anything like that?

I am hoping to avoid learning something the hard way and appreciate advice and tips so if this is a dumb ass question history says I probably should have asked more of them....   :D

I think Strings and Video have to stay and the rest can be deleted. I mean, don't deleted Fallout4.esm or the *.bs2's. Worst case scenario you have to have Steam do a file scan and it redownloads some files. Annoying and potentially the waste of an evening, but not the end of the world.

I could be wrong.

Create a new install location for MO for FO4. Each installation directory handles 1 game, unless I've overlooked something in a massive way or things changed for MO2. They can be on the same drive so long as each is contained within it's own unique folder.

I haven't used the Mod Organizer Alpha release (didn't even know it was out yet) I was using manual install to get my mods patches on :D.

Anyway. MO should (if it follows the traditional MO virtual folder structure) keep all the files out of the main folder. The only files would be in the MO folder. If that is the case you want a clean install of mods.. Just delete and re-install the MO alpha.

Now if there are files in the main folder. No problem. It is a Steam game so anything that is in a folder can be deleted as well as any esm, BS2(if any can be made yet) that aren't part of the original game. Don't worry, You can verify cache and get any/Restore any Fallout 4 files like Sounds Videos etc even Ini files. You will of course if you manually created those in the Fallout game have to redo those.

Keep in mind when you reinstall MO most people forget that the settings is copied over to MO when it is first ran. If you created any custom edits those will be copied over as well. If you do any custom edits of the ini for ENB mods etc with the main game INI they will not show up in MO. You will need to edit the ini in MO profile. I only mention this because many seem to forget this little piece of info.

OK, I have used MO and LOOT with Skyrim before and have gone with a totally separate installation of each on my pc for Fallout 4. I have LOOT.exe set up to run through MO but for whatever reason it is not finding my mods, it only shows Fallout4.esm. How do I get it to see the correct list of mods? I added LOOT to a folder on my desktop, does it need to be in the Fallout 4 folder? I really dont see its any different than the working version associated to my Skyrim installation but obviously something is wrong.

I think the problem might be that MO2 is still in alpha, and so far it doesn't support 32bit. If LOOT is 32bit it therefore won't see any of your installed mods through MO. The exact same thing happens with FO4Edit, and while I don't know for certain that the 32bit support is the problem it does seem likely.

You will probably need to wait for more development of MO2 before being able to use LOOT with it. So far, if I've wanted to use FO4Edit on a mod I've needed to copy its esp into my Data folder and run FO4Edit outside of MO.

OK, I have used MO and LOOT with Skyrim before and have gone with a totally separate installation of each on my pc for Fallout 4. I have LOOT.exe set up to run through MO but for whatever reason it is not finding my mods, it only shows Fallout4.esm. How do I get it to see the correct list of mods? I added LOOT to a folder on my desktop, does it need to be in the Fallout 4 folder? I really dont see its any different than the working version associated to my Skyrim installation but obviously something is wrong.

MO has been reported to have difficlty finding the mods with LOOT externally installed. Shouldn't be a problem though. Use the internal sort and leave it at that. Currently there is little need to worry about conflict so much as there are no multi-part mods. Mods that are very sensitive to load order. that is.

MO has been reported to have difficlty finding the mods with LOOT externally installed. Shouldn't be a problem though. Use the internal sort and leave it at that. Currently there is little need to worry about conflict so much as there are no multi-part mods. Mods that are very sensitive to load order. that is.

Ah gotcha, thanks for the responses, I am just glad to have MO for installs and as far as the 64 bit LOOT, it cae from the Fallout 4 section of Nexus so I assume its made for FO4.

Archived