Death Alternative Scenarios [Request!] (repost due to lost off forum)

skyrimdragon

((Sorry to any moderators, this topic was missing due to the move so I am posting it again to get modder help. Sorry if that's awkward!)

Hello there... umm, I know that there are plenty of talented modders out there for Skyrim here at loverslab, particularly those who may know a bit WAY MORE than I do about creating mods and working with them. I know it's awkward of me to request something this big but I am hoping someone will at least look into these ideas for scenarios to be made for death alternative (particularly, captured) and consider making them?

1) I always found the draugr defeat in the original death alternative kind of lacking in how it goes through and how simple it is... so for my first scenario idea I would imagine some form of captured scenario where you have to live with the draugr until you find some way to free yourself from a strange force (spell? Curse? Binding of the soul?) is binding you to them / the tomb and attempting to run away without freeing yourself not only makes you leave behind your gear but also steadily lose health... while staying with the draugr will have them attempting to make you more and more like one of them... will you get free of the tomb or will you join the dead as a guardian of their and now your own tomb? I can imagine in this captured scenario, you have a item that translates the draugr so that you can understand what they say, given they tend to use the dragon language, you may also be mummified and/or may even be put to rest in one of their coffins (if it helps, you may be able to use some of the draugr animations like their crossed arms pose for fitting in the coffin?) with the draugr being determined to make you truly fitting in amongst the dead.

2) My second idea is for using the spriggans for a captured scenario (the logic being that they are attempting to 'correct' your ways of harming/using animals against their natural instincts and make you be as one with nature (and potentially like one of them!) so you would be forced to stay with them while your equipment is stored somewhere). You would have to find some way to free yourself of their influence to get truly free of them... if you don't want to end up becoming too close to nature that is! I realise something similar has been attempted with sacrificial spriggan and sanguine's debauchery + but... I am looking for this in a way where it may even be usable for males (just going to say, the male spriggan armor files usually break) and beast races (argonians and khajit get so abandoned a lot of the time). This one also means you can have a lot of fun with the spriggans and animals!

3) I always wanted to do something with the chaurus and their life cycle due to seeing those grown pods the hunters burst out of, and remembering that there were models out there for humanoid chaurus warriors (if it helps for those who say 'where are the models', they're in immersive creatures), I can imagine a captured scenario (maybe tied with the falmer? Dunno there) where you are forced to live with the chaurus and if you stay with them, you may just end up joining their life cycle and seeing things through their eyes... meaning, you may be forced to lay in one of those pods and forcibly grow and mutate into a humanoid chaurus! I imagine you would also likely need to give chaurus dialogue to be understood at some point in this scenario if you let it run it's course (and perhaps it could tie in using estrus chaurus for having your own little chauri? Chauruses? I dunno the plural for those things!)

4) I also thought of a dwemer capture situation but it would likely not work. I just remembered the fabricants in morrowind (those bio-mechanical creatures that I personally thought were awesome... who here remembers those cool biomechanical raptors?) and considered if there was some captured situation you could use like them trying to follow old programming to create more fabricants to serve the old dwemer god of logic... so you would have to find a way to get your gear back and escape before they end up making you a mechanical pawn of the lost race! This one could also tie in a bit with idea 6 if you use modded creatures like immersive creatures (mechanical dragon).

5) My fifth idea though this goes against the normal take out effect in terms of bleedout with apocrytha (sp?) is a captured scenario with the seekers/lurkers (under the logic that Hermaeus Mora wants your dragonborn knowledge and to understand what makes you tick differently from other beings so he tries to have you held captive in the hopes you will fall to his will and give up the knowledge as you become like one of his seekers/lurkers). To escape this one, you would need to find the book to escape Hermaeus' realm hidden within the place you are being held captive while also finding your gear hidden amongst all the scattered knowledge. The reason I brought up the take out effect is that is the normal effect within that realm, if you enter bleedout, you are kicked out of the realm back to reality which would be detrimental to getting this scenario to trigger. I can imagine the seekers and lurkers have some... interesting ways to make the dragonborn convert and give up their secrets...

6) My final idea is picking with the dragons themselves... I always found the dragons just taking your soul to be... a bit of a copout really when the dragons could do so much more. The idea is that the dragon who defeats you holds you captive and tries to awaken your dragon soul (as in the dovahkin's soul which is said to be that of a dragon) in the hopes that you will break away from the whims of the mortals and embrace your true self, a dovah. Should you fail to free yourself from the dragon's command, you may end up becoming a dragon yourself (sharing similarities with the one who turned you into a dragon and depending on which dragon did this to you, such as durneviir, alduin, paarthurnax) you may end up having some further quests (trying to free Durneviir (and by extension yourself) from the soul cairn, aiding the world eater in changing the world as he pleases or spreading the way of the voice by paarthurnax's teachings). Naturally this would mean a slight modification to be able to encounter alduin naturally as well as ask for a practice combat against paarthurnax/durneviir (practice so you don't KILL them/keep them permanently hostile to you) to allow these situations to occur. As for how exactly your character turns into a dragon, it could be magic, the power of a shout or something a bit more fun ;)

I know this is... who am I kidding, it's a massive amount of work that I'm unsure if anyone would take up the mantle to attempt to do and likely would require a lot of scripting, modelling and animation work. I know I don't really have any right to request something this big but I have tried to use the creation kit and am pretty sure there's no way I could pull this off. To whoever may consider doing these scenarios and/or took the time to read this request and may know of someone who would consider this idea, thank you very much and I hope, from the bottom of my heart that these scenarios may be done one day.

• 1 month later...

Archived