Just a quick check ... anyone having trouble DLing the file "HEverything112b.zip"? keep getting to 33.9MB of 75.2MB and it stops for a few minutes before failing

Gimme a bit and i'll re up it

Where did you find the BOAs that are the metal signs inside shops? For instance the small posters inside the garage at the first Red Rocket. Not the No smoking, and not the paintings. I just can't find those DDS files and I want to retexture them.

It's under signage i think, it was a really annoying one too, like it had around 10 or so mini pictures included in it

quick question, can i add more paintings to the gallery? like, currently, your gallery adds 20 extra paintings, can i increase that amount somehow and use some spare .dds files on it?

I haven't currently seen a way to do that. WIthout the GECK. I could be wrong but like I said, I haven't seen anyone else doing that. Or myself for that matter and I've made about 4 or 5 painting retexture mods myself.

quick question, can i add more paintings to the gallery? like, currently, your gallery adds 20 extra paintings, can i increase that amount somehow and use some spare .dds files on it?

Yup you could, youd need an editor but it is possible. I use fo4edit and basically recreated the system bethesda has in place.

So heres a quick tutorial

Open up the gallery mod

Youll see a few categories but the ones that matter for what you want to do are the materials, static, and one of the formid items, the one that doesnt override a core file.

So first up youre gonna wanna make new material replacement files.

For this i believe you can edit mine in notepad. If not then youre going to need to get a converter. Theres one on the nexus but i dont have the link off hand.

Now for the step by step.

Put your dds files in a folder in data>textures>(your folder) for convience sake

Create a new material file in fo4edit

Copy one of my bgsm files into data>materials>(your folder), again for convience

Open it up and change the first filepath to your first picture

Repeat for however many you want.

Congrats you have made a thing. Now to put the thing onto a static show it shows up.

Go back to fo4edit and open up the static category.

Copy any of the files there and rename it.

Scroll through the properties until you find the property assosciated with a material swap.

Heres where you put your file that you just created

Congrats you made a new painting

Now onto adding it to the workbench creation list.

Go into the formid category and find the gallery list file

Its a neat file that contains a list of a bunch of statics and all you have to do is add your new static to the list.

To do that, right click on the the top of the list w all the statics. Not the first static, the empty space just above it. A drop down list will show up where one of the options is add. Thats the one you want.

So now if you understood my horrid directions n some how stuck with me through out this then you should have just added a brand spankin new painting to one of the galleries already in place. If not then i suck as a teacher and later tonight im gonna make a vid tutorial cuz its rly fun to mod n i believe everyone should b able to do it. Even the little i kno

Oh n on a separate thought. My current galleries have a total of 110 paintings added to the game.

And due to a thread happening, im probably gonna take down my files as even though all my pics are from 4chan. Its still technically wrong n i dont wanna deal with the fallout... Hah puns

i kinda knew it wasn't just replacing "20" into "30" in some text file, but jeez thats a lot of words. scuse me while i read that several times over trying to understand the language now.

Yea its kinda much but once you get it its rly none too hard. Im gonna post a tutorial on the first page w pics n stuff as if you were making it from scratch later tonight

Awrr... what happened to YOUR gallery? I liked the files you had. I still use the 3D version and other stuff you posted up before. Your files were great, put them back in for lazy people like me who don't want to make our own gallery. ;_; I liked what was here before.

That's just what he said. He's making all his own images now. Atleast that's the idea. I know 300 plus images self drawn and colored is going to take a fucking lifetime though. Atleast he was kind enough to leave us a written tutorial about creating extra craftable paintings. And I'm about to release a tutorial video on how to change the image textures in game. Plus you've still got a bunch of retexture mods on LL. So, you'll still be able to get what you want. It just won't be instant and work free anymore. LoL Unless you get my mods or the other guy who's still got some up. Cheer up buttercup. I'm sure Higs has some cool shit on its way.

Hello all,

sorry for the beginner question - I made it to show my pictures when I add a drawing but there are still the old original drawings in game. What did I wrong - any idea to support a beginner?

Did you overwrite the original texture files?

Also just to be clear, this creates a new category for the workshop. this doesn't override any base game items

Hi Highagan,

Thanks for the reply. Great work. Let me describe, what I did:

- Downloaded the Mod from this post

- Used the first alternative

Let's start with option 1

• Go into your data folder, wherever that may be.
  • from there go into textures>setdressing>hig and use Paint.net or your preferred image editing software that is capable of handling .dds files and paste your picture over the template

*** Super Important Note***
Due to the part where this is an in game file your editing, your picture needs to be a certain dimension. In this case its 512 x 256

--> I created pictures with a slightly different format and it worked to include them.

Is my understanding correct, that I need to take Option two to get pictures into the game?

Is there any training material available (for dummies :-))  or any mod available in nexus with sexy pics? There was previously a mod on nexus but it disappeared.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Highagan,

Thanks for the reply. Great work. Let me describe, what I did:

- Downloaded the Mod from this post

- Used the first alternative

Let's start with option 1

• Go into your data folder, wherever that may be.
  • from there go into textures>setdressing>hig and use Paint.net or your preferred image editing software that is capable of handling .dds files and paste your picture over the template

*** Super Important Note***

Due to the part where this is an in game file your editing, your picture needs to be a certain dimension. In this case its 512 x 256

--> I created pictures with a slightly different format and it worked to include them.

Is my understanding correct, that I need to take Option two to get pictures into the game?

Is there any training material available (for dummies :-))  or any mod available in nexus with sexy pics? There was previously a mod on nexus but it disappeared.

Thanks for your help.

If you're going to use this method then the only thing you are changing will be the files in the texture folders

The only thing you have to do is drag and drop the files from the zip into your data folder

navigate through to where my texture place holders are and change them to your pictures

heres a quick pic by pic showing how i do it. Hopefully it helps

post-35545-0-50368800-1451851444_thumb.png

post-35545-0-42254400-1451851446_thumb.png

post-35545-0-62409800-1451851448_thumb.png

now thats a very basic and dirty way to get it to do what i want it to do. you may have to resize, crop, or in any other way edit your picture to fit within the 512x256 rectangle but it will work as long as you save it as a dds file and do not change the name. the file name is also very important

Hig is it possible to create a standalone for the biggest poster you can make with a Shinra flag like this? (For settlements)

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/cybernations/images/c/cc/Shinra-logonew.png/revision/latest?cb=20100723044717

I love this mod. And I want to add a flag with the Shinra Logo from FF7 but I dont know how to do it, and I dont want to lose your mod getting one.

yup it is

easiest way would be to change one of the statics in the package from a frame model to a flag model in both the model category and transform category

post-35545-0-60599000-1452007706_thumb.png

to

post-35545-0-45715600-1452008032_thumb.png

and now we have to change the mat swap file cuz we're no longer dealing with a painting so go find the Material Swap file that relates to the painting you're changing and do this to it

post-35545-0-05765600-1452008793_thumb.png

now you just have to remember which static you changed and find the texture file that relates to it and switch its dimensions from 512x256 to 1024x1024

And because bethesda is odd about it. This texture file is broken up into two separate pics. So it would be one 1024x512 above another as opposed to one, relatively, giant 1024x1024

and you get something that looks like this in game

post-35545-0-54415900-1452009079_thumb.jpg

cheers dude

and if you want it in your own personal flag folder then you gotta follow the long tutorial i put on the first page but change it up a bit so it doesn't read as paintings but as flags and i guess you could make the materials necessary not wood.... doesn't make sense to have a cloth flag made out of wood now that i think of it but whatever

Hig is it possible to create a standalone for the biggest poster you can make with a Shinra flag like this? (For settlements)

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/cybernations/images/c/cc/Shinra-logonew.png/revision/latest?cb=20100723044717

I love this mod. And I want to add a flag with the Shinra Logo from FF7 but I dont know how to do it, and I dont want to lose your mod getting one.

yup it is

easiest way would be to change one of the statics in the package from a frame model to a flag model in both the model category and transform category

attachicon.gifframeNif.png

to

attachicon.gifframeNif2.png

and now we have to change the mat swap file cuz we're no longer dealing with a painting so go find the Material Swap file that relates to the painting you're changing and do this to it

attachicon.gifframeNif3.png

now you just have to remember which static you changed and find the texture file that relates to it and switch its dimensions from 512x256 to 1024x1024

And because bethesda is odd about it. This texture file is broken up into two separate pics. So it would be one 1024x512 above another as opposed to one, relatively, giant 1024x1024

attachicon.gif2016-01-05_00001.jpg

cheers dude

and if you want it in your own personal flag folder then you gotta follow the long tutorial i put on the first page but change it up a bit so it doesn't read as paintings but as flags and i guess you could make the materials necessary not wood.... doesn't make sense to have a cloth flag made out of wood now that i think of it but whatever

Thanks for your time trying to help me Hig, but all this is fairly greek to me. I'm sorry if it's rude to ask in the fear of sounding lazy here but could you make it for me or is the proccess time consuming? 

yup it is

attachicon.gifframeNif.png

to

attachicon.gifframeNif2.png

attachicon.gifframeNif3.png

attachicon.gif2016-01-05_00001.jpg

cheers dude

Thanks for your time trying to help me Hig, but all this is fairly greek to me. I'm sorry if it's rude to ask in the fear of sounding lazy here but could you make it for me or is the proccess time consuming?

Its not that hard but its kinda time consuming. Its pretty simple once you get the hang of it, the finding stuff in fo4edit being the most time consuming part but as of now no i cant make a new mod with only flags as im workin on makin billboards placeable in the workshop and its takin a bit longer than expected. But i figure that once i get that made i can work on the other things and make them standalone

In that case may I suggest you take a look at the Settlement Keywords mod to insure compatibility with mods that use it.

Maybe after i complete the billboards but as i personally dont use that or any of the mods it supports its not really on my todo list, sry.

Now if anyone has the inkling to do it then you have my blessing but i suggest waiting until i turn my gallery list into a gallery folder bc i figure thatd b more in the spirit of that mod. At least i figure one author gets a folder n such for the sake of organization