Can't make body meshes appear in game. >.<

Lapsus

My laptop is on its last leg and oblivion is one of the games It can still run smoothly. Because my old oblivion game was glitchy as hell from the Ton and Ton of mods installed (most were auto installed) I decided to reinstall it and start fresh. Now that I know more about how mods work I figure I could make a clean running game so I started with LAPF (obviously) and  its requirements. But wen I put the female body I want it wont appear no mater what I try . 

I installed:

-OBSE 0021

-Pluggy v125b

- UniversalSkeletonNIF181-37596-1-81

-OBSE -Elys- Universal Silent Voice v93-16622

-MenuQue v16b-32200-v16b

-At this point I put the female body mesh and tested the game to see if everything worked but the body wont show.  I re-installed it manually by dragging it to Data/Mashes/Characters/_male but nothing happened. Attempted to auto install  the HEGC body and i worked once. Then it never worked again, only the default body showed up. After attempting other things nothing works.

Am I missing something or has something change because I remember this working before. Pls! any help will be appreciated.

The FemaleUpperBody.nif and FemaleLowerBody.nif in Data/Mashes/Characters/_male are the ones used by the game unless something else is overriding them. Make sure both the file name and extension are right. If so, add them to a vanilla installation and see the problem still occurs. If not, then it should be a simple process of elimination.

Have you done archive invalidate via Bsa Redirection (Wrye or OBMM )  ?

Without archive invalidate the game first checks the Oblivion bsa files , and will use the vanilla Body meshes not the Body meshes in the Folders.

Read my yellow Link  below.

OK, the names for the body parts seem to be correct and I had tried both the manual and auto install version of archive invalidate to no affect but Ill try again. All I had installed until now had been manually  installed. In my old game all my installs were made with NMM but I'm not sure if I should keep using it thou I'm very familiar with it.

"manual and auto install version of archive invalidate" ?????

You don't install archive invalidate, you click/activate it in the Oblivion  Modmanager or WryeBash.

Yes there is a ooooold archive invalidate Mod/tool you can install, but do not use it ! ! ! !

And NMM....

Read my yellow Link ! check your Oblivion ini if the archive invalidate was done.

If you have your game in C:\program files... it can be that the entry was not made.

OK , my first answer was before I started reading and understanding more about archive invalidate. As for the 2 version at the time I thought this http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/10724/?was what you meant. After learning the different ways of dealing with the  archive invalidate problem, I noticed the one I inadvertently installed was a BSA-redirection method. What I understand is that it takes the newer files in to account. I just nuked my old game and re-downloaded it making every file current and all of my mods old. I started repackaging some mods to make them have a current date and at first it worked on my body meshes but the clothes and armor replaces is a no show. Am I in the right track or did I messed up royally and am now spewing bs? :s

BSA redirection is the current method of choice.......HOWEVER.......it is worthless if you installed Oblivion (or Steam) in the default location (C:\Program Files\).  UAC blocks mods from tampering (which is what bsa redirection is doing...tampering...from working.  

Long story short, we can't really help much more without knowing where you installed the game and what you are installing (and how).  If the body meshes are working, you appear to be on the right track, but if the armor replacers are not, then we need to know what, where and how you installed them, and probably won't hurt to post your load order.

Cheers,

Greg

My game is installed on  D:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\Oblivion.  The body meshes were opened on nif and re-saved to make them current then dragged to the _male file. Same for the skeleton.nif's. As for the clothe mods they were re-zipped ( which appears to make them current) then installed using Nexus Mod Manager.

Again ! do not install a  archive invalidate tool/Mod ! Old and outdated !

Use archive invalidate via Bsa Redirection from Oblivion  Modmanager or WryeBash.

Then check your Oblivion ini if you have the archive invalidate entry. If not add it manually.

And NMM ....Why ?

explained everything in my yellow Link below. This one http://www.loverslab.com/topic/36443-oblivion-install-gametoolsbodiesbbbmod-sorting-and-cleaningcs-cse-body-stretching/?do=findComment&comment=915257

NMM fucks up ini files as well as many other things.  We don't provide any support for NMM and Oblivion here.  Either manually install the mods or use OBMM or Wrye Bash.

In the interest of completeness, there's also TESMM, which is the continuation of OBMM. It's basically OBMM extended to work with the Fallout games and Skyrim. And it's still being actively updated.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5010/?

It should work at least as well as OBMM, although Wrye Bash is the preferable tool. By far! :)

For the sake of testing Im not using NMM(and fine, I wont use it and learn to use OBMM) and am isntalling the few test mods manually. Thinking that its  the archive invalidate problem and that I have the BSA-redirection the uses the most recent file I use the first program in this page http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-change-the-last-modified-date-creation-date-and-last-accessed-date-for-files-and-folders/to set the created and modified dates of the original oblivion files back a few years before my oldes mod. now the body meshes are showing but only the ones base on HGEC body show properly and something like the DMRA has clichy infinitely stretched breast or invisible breast or buttocks. Additionally any armor or clothe replacer mods are a noshow.

I just finishe testin the same mods using OBMM with the same effects. I thought the OBMM BSA-redirection would do the trick but no cigar. Im starting to think the 143 hours I spent in oblivion before this was just a plesent dream. :-/

And to be clear, I put in my last test: Obse_0021, Pluggy v125b, UniversalSkeletonNIF181, MenuQue v16b, a DMRA body mesh and some HGECBody textures. Am I forgeting something or did I  messed up? from what I understans I shoud have at least a working body replacer from this and the requirements for LAPF.

Why don't you read my yellow Link ?

Pluggy 125c or 132

Also the breast and Penis stretching is explained there. And how to fix it.

UniversalSkeletonNIF181 is ok if you use the  controllable version, not the total controllable Version. But if you use Lovers/LAPF you must let LAPF overwrite the Skeleton. LAPF Needs the LAPF Skeleton or you will have infinitely stretched Penis.

infinitely stretched breast = a Mod has overwritten your UniversalSkeleton or LAPF Skeleton.

---------------------------------------------------

Installation Order:

First you install the Body meshes and textures ( femal a HGEC Version e.g. DMRA. and Male Roberts v52 , best Muscular Body ) .  And armor clothes replacer.

Then the BBB animations

then the UniversalSkeleton

Then do archive invalidate if you have not done it .

Then test if all works. ( Sort your Mods befor testing ! Even if you only have Oblivion and the DLCs. The DLCs must be in the right order. )

Do not try to install all Mods you want at once. Install 1-3 Mods and test if all works, then the next Mods.

AND FROM NOW ON you must check every new Mod if a Skeleton is inside ( especially arrnor clothes Mods) Never let overwrite your Skeleton ! Never unzip a Mod in you game Folder. First unpack and check, delete what you don't want/need . Then you can install manually or create a OMod or pack it as zip or use WryeBash...

If you have a working game you can install Lovers/LAPF  ! And LAPF MUST overwrite all 3 Skeletons !

Again ! Do not try to install all Mods you want at once. Install 1-3 Mods and test if all works, then the next Mods.

Tip: create a OMod, zip or backup Folder with the LAPF 3 Skeleton, if you overwrite accidentally you can quick install the rigt Skeleton again.

--------------------------------------

Again : have you checked you Oblivion ini if you have the archive invalidate entry ?

You can do archive invalidate without OBMM or WryeBash.

You only need a empty bsa file. You can use this

ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.7z

Unpack and copy it in you game data Folder.

And in the oblivion ini ( NOT the Oblivion_default.ini in your Oblivion game Folder !  The Oblivion ini is in My documents\my games\Oblivion ) you Change the line

sArchiveList=Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

to

sArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

That's all you must do. You must not click anything in OBMM or WryeBash.

---------------------------------------------------

Your Oblivion bsa file's timestamp

ALL OBlivion bsa file's timestamp must be 2006-01-01

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything above is explained in my yellow link. You can follow it step by step

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is "invisible breast or buttocks " ?

No Body ok , but a Body with no breasts or buttocks I've never seen.

• 1 month later...

Well my friends, I got my laptop working again but the video card is barely  holding on...hope it holds till I get a new PC. As for oblivion I don't think I can run it without this thing overheating so that's it for me. I thank you for your assistance and your time.  Before my laptop died I had installed all the mods I wanted using OBMM and following the instructions on the yellow link but in the end some the body mesh worked some times and only a few armor were replace. I made sure the skeleton was set correctly and that it was a compatible one. I tested it with a few and still the same results, the body replacer was not showing up or showed stretching or missing parts. Every thing else work perfectly. Ill try again when I get I decent PC.

Archived