Dead or Alive Xtreme 3

Holden - DOAHDM

While the game is only slated for a console release in Japan on February 25th 2016, the game appears to be either running on a new, or improved version of their previous engine (Soft Engine 2.0 as they call it), as well as modified models from the existing DOA5 versions. Techmo Koei has stated that they'll consider a US/EU version "modified" for US/EU audiences (whatever that means) if the demand is high enough. They've made no mention of consideration for a PC release, which obviously paints a sad picture for potential mods, so if you're interested in DOA5 now, I'll try to illustrate some reasons why you should be interested in DOAX3 and possibly find some outlet to express your interest to KT to increase the likelihood of it appearing stateside.

Here's the HD trailer released after the initial Famitsu Niconico livestream:

If you're paying attention you can see they've added jigglebones to the butt, or "ass physics" if you prefer. This is the first iteration of Dead or Alive that's done that. The character models look the same, but they're improved to some degree, although hard to tell just from the little bit of promotional material they've released.

ae45583f15.jpg

It's hard to say whether or not the images look better simply because they're promotional material, it's worth pointing out that there's "soft shadows", meaning the edges of the shadow aren't hard like in DOA5. The lighting is also much less harsh and there's no noticeable banding. This could simply be a configuration change and not an actual improvement to their lighting model, but either way awful light banding and strange contrast was a big issue for me in DOA5. The softer lighting makes much more sense in the beach vacation environment.

17eff2dccb.jpg

Another notable difference is that the stages don't look like shit. DOA5, despite being updated and rebranded on a fairly frequent and recent basis, is still an old game at heart, and the stages reveal this more than anything. While the graphical quality of this beach stage isn't anything to write home about it's certainly miles ahead of the Zach Island stage in DOA5, with one of the worst looking sand textures I've seen from a modern game.

59c4c45d4f.jpg

Some details from the Famitsu article I believe. If it wasn't already apparent from the video, you can expect to see the old minigames and festivities from the previous Dead or Alive Xtreme games. This is a fairly important element as in DOA5, all we really have for gravure like posing is the Private Paradise videos and some Victory/Loss poses, and the replay system is a hassle to deal with, with no rewind or fast forward.

If you look closely at the tiny images of Honoka's breasts and butt in the Famitsu film screens, you can see some indication of subsurface scattering on the flesh, a cool lighting trick that simulates how objects react to light under certain conditions. Here's a little example of what subsurface scattering is.

Sub-Surface-Scattering-Example.jpg

So write to KT! Write to Team Ninja! Write to your congressman! Say I need DOAX3 in the west on PC right now! Or I'll have a goddamned hissy fit!

Here's their website:

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doax3/

Here's a collection of images from the press release. Honoka and Marie are getting a lot of attention because they were voted the first and second most popular characters in their poll that decided the starting cast for the game.

DOAX3-71.jpg

DOAX3-61.jpg

DOAX3-42.jpg

DOAX3-51.jpg

DOAX3-81.jpg

DOAX3-17.jpg

DOAX3-22.jpg

DOAX3-31.jpg

a01_02.jpg

These images are smaller for some reason. They seem to emphasize Honoka's "qualities"

DOAX3-101.jpg

DOAX3-111.jpg

DOAX3-121.jpg

DOAX3-131.jpg

Yes please, if anyone finds an outlet to voice our demand to KT in some official capacity, please share.

I saw the trailer earlier and it looked like the same old game, as far as volleyball and the floaty bum nudging game go. But damn, it does visually look better over the LR graphics, whether or not they just juiced them up for the trailer/screenshots, I don't know, but the girls look crisper, dare I say more perfect looking.

If it comes to it, JP import will be the only option, even though I wont know what i'm doing. Can only hope some clever fellow will post a guide to the menu's and stuff. Still...early days.

I would be extremely surprised by a PC release, as Tecmo could very well follow through on their "good and moral manner" threat.

If I had to make a guess as to what will happen, I'd say that they'll wait until after the sales have begun to dry up on console, and then make a low effort PC port much in the same way they did for DOA5LR. This is of course a best case scenario in my mind.

Ah hell.....

Might actually have a reason to buy  PS4 if this title ever comes over. I really don't console game anymore, and I was never that big into to begin with. Had a few, specific titles for my PS3. Hell... I only bought a used 360 for Xtreme2.

Its one of many guilty pleasures I suppose.

All I want is a PC release.

Not for mods, not for nudity, but because I'm not really gonna be getting a PS4 anytime soon or later, lol. (Gotta hate exclusives...)

...But in the end, I guess it's just a fanservice game that gets boring and stale after like, 2 hours of playtime...

Speak for yourself.

I feel the chances of a PC release are close to zero. Considering the warning about LR modding and the fact they won't be able to half-ass a PS3 port this time. I'm not even sure there will ever be a western release of the PS4 version. But I will do whatever I can to make it happen.

I feel the chances of a PC release are close to zero. Considering the warning about LR modding and the fact they won't be able to half-ass a PS3 port this time. I'm not even sure there will ever be a western release of the PS4 version. But I will do whatever I can to make it happen.

They knew full well it would happen anyways, and it didn't stop them from doing it. The real thing that makes them avoid PC is that there simply isn't as much of a market for it on PC as there are on consoles, mostly regarding the Japan market. If they were honest about why it wasn't coming to other platforms they'd say that the expenditure of developing and publishing a port for other platforms wouldn't generate enough revenue to offset the cost and effort, of course there aren't many PR people willing to say that.

...But in the end, I guess it's just a fanservice game that gets boring and stale after like, 2 hours of playtime...

I put about 800 hours into DoAX2 on the 360, because I really liked the volleyball, the T&A and so I could unlock all the achievements (I used to like chasing rare/tough ones). I concede that I might be at the extreme end of the scale on that one though ;)

Seeing DoAX3 on PC would be awesome. I really dont want to buy a PS4, so I will hope that holden is right in saying the game will show up here once the console sales have been exhausted. 

I hate the idea of the West getting some kind of neutered version though. I really despise censorship and hope Marie Rose or any other possible changes, stay the same. Fuck those whiny SJW's!

Same damn game from Original Xbox.. Only reason play game for online play, but knowing KT going half ass everything with no online support. Giving gifts and beating on brain dead AI get old really fast. Buck stop here, I won't be part of problem this time. Keep my money find game deserve my 49-60$. :lol: 

They knew full well it would happen anyways, and it didn't stop them from doing it. The real thing that makes them avoid PC is that there simply isn't as much of a market for it on PC as there are on consoles, mostly regarding the Japan market. If they were honest about why it wasn't coming to other platforms they'd say that the expenditure of developing and publishing a port for other platforms wouldn't generate enough revenue to offset the cost and effort, of course there aren't many PR people willing to say that.

Yeah, If a pc release won't give profit to them then no way they would make a pc port. 

I honestly believe they should allow the game to be available for PC as modern consoles. With all of the nonsense they released prior to the official but overly delayed online battle feature available for DOA5, there's a massive opportunity to expand with the DOAX spin-offs without making them feel ultimately boring for PC.

Just imagine all of the game-altering DLC they could create for this game that will allow players to make the game an even bigger experience than it already is! It's risky, but we live in a generation of full priced games allowing additional features and there's no point letting this boat sail without some extra baggage. It's literally too late to back away from how the market works unless they can't do anything right - as we all can clearly see they haven't failed with DOA5.

Don't even get me started on the in-game gambling...They could literally wipe the entire DLC floor utilizing that DOAX2 feature again.

Ballsy tactic for expansion? Yes. A pointless way to garner more fans? Not by a long shot if you see through business the way it really is.

Lmao 800 hours Cyric?! Wow I thought I was bad, doax 1 and 2 were both guilty pleasures. I'd love to see the third on pc obviously, (cos it'll save me the bother and expense of getting a ps4 and modding it haha). Not sure I hold out much hope for that, but I didn't expect doa5 on pc either and was pleasantly surprised. Fingers firmly crossed here then.

I'd like it to release on PC but I really don't see it happening. I'm pretty sure though that a Western console release is bound to happen eventually - but I don't have the consoles so tough luck for me I guess.

They damn better release a properly made DOA6 on pc though. Or else!

Lmao 800 hours Cyric?! Wow I thought I was bad, doax 1 and 2 were both guilty pleasures. I'd love to see the third on pc obviously, (cos it'll save me the bother and expense of getting a ps4 and modding it haha). Not sure I hold out much hope for that, but I didn't expect doa5 on pc either and was pleasantly surprised. Fingers firmly crossed here then.

Yeah, about that many hours - maybe more (yikes).

The game obviously had its issues, but the volleyball gameplay reminded me a lot of NBA Jam, which used to love too. 

Maybe "modified for US audiences" means we'll see some of the guys added to the game. LOL, one can dream right?  :blush:

The most likely reason they said this is because of Marie Rose. In Japan, they'd have no problem putting her in the venus swimsuit, but I don't think it would fly in western countries.

The other less likely reason is that they would swap in characters like Tina, Lisa, and Rachel. if they feel these characters are more appealing to the US.

I highly doubt it'll come to pc despite the high demands due to mistake with DOA5LR when we nude mod it regardless they asked us not to.  But if it does come to pc then I'll enjoy the hell out of it with the mods.  I already bought the import one with the supreme package edition that cost $400 USD for both PS4 and Vita just in case if they don't release them in NA.  I will say that it suck the game won't include all of the remaining girls, especially the original cast like Leifang.  It just a bad move to make fans getting pissed off which I understand why.   Poor Hitomi, she's not going to have her soulmate anymore.

I'm not sure if you guys notice, but in the trailer they added butt physic in the game.  You probably didn't notice when Honoka was slapping her butt before begin the butt battle.  I guess this is  what soft engine 2.0 does?  

Can't wait to use touch screen for vita to jiggle their butt and boobs.  Hopefully they'll add that for PS4 because touch pad need to be use for gimmick like this.  I'm also hoping they will update DOA5LR too.

The DOAX series I have ever play is Paradise for vita and boy does it suck lol.  I still haven't got back on it due to other things lately.

The most likely reason they said this is because of Marie Rose. In Japan, they'd have no problem putting her in the venus swimsuit, but I don't think it would fly in western countries.

The other less likely reason is that they would swap in characters like Tina, Lisa, and Rachel. if they feel these characters are more appealing to the US.

My post was mostly just a wish for equal opportunity ogling. I completely understand that Team Ninja doesn't see this as profitable, unfortunately.

Archived