Oblivion translator

nufndash

I was wondering if anyone has tried this Oblivion Translator from Nexus.  There is very little documentation or instructions, so I messed around with it a little, but my basic knowledge was just to little to get anything to work.  I'm not sure I was even in the right ballpark trying to translate a mod that is in Chinese.  I  messed my game up pretty bad, but knowing I didn't know anything, lol, I had everything backed up.  If anyone has used this and had success I would love to hear how it works.  I have a couple of cool mods downloaded but its almost impossible to play through because everything is in Chinese.

Are you talking about Egg translator?  Even if you are not, there is no magic translator out there.  Best you can hope for is to machine translate things and hope like hell the mod creator didn't use a bunch of slang.  If they did, then you'll have to dig around in the CS after machine translating and see if you can figure out the context to get a clue of the meaning.  You'll likely have to play a bit and note down the options and what happens when you pick them.  It is tedious, believe me I know, as I have translated half the LPK plugins here in one form or another from Japanese.

I have a new appreciation to all of you that have done the translated versions of these mods.  What a major PIA!  I would like to go ahead and thank each and everyone of you here that have provided us with translated versions of mods.  You must have spent a lot of time doing this, and probably the average joe just downloads away without even considering it, I know I did.  In my original question about the Oblivion translator, I was referring to to a specific program called Oblivion translator, or at least that is what the link pointed me to, but as I took a look at what Egg translator was, the framework looks exactly the same.  It looks like someone has used or merged the components, at any rate, this is far beyond my capabilities or understanding, so I will just go back to trying each option in a dialog tree and crossing my fingers. Its not like anything could go wrong...right??

Doing that does rob you of some of the fun in playing a mod, that is mainly why folks like me took the time (and you are right, it was a ridiculous amount of it) to translate the mods.  It is really no different than animating in that regard.  It takes an insane amount of time and learning to get it even close to looking right.  

I will check out the tool you reference.  We still periodically translate to the latest versions of LPK plugins, so if it has a few more features than egg, It'll be a nice tool to have.

Thanks for the kind words.

Cheers,

Greg

Archived