Am I the only one having trouble with NiO?

chajapa

Racemenu 3.4.3

SkyUI 5.1

XPMSE 3.2

FNIS 5.5

SKSE 1.7.3

SexLab 1.6hf2

UUNP body generated with morph files (but not using BodyGen features until I get this crashing figured out)

All armors and clothes replacer built with generated morph files.

Weird seemingly random crashes. No entries in log to explain. They normally happen when I *THINK* a node scale update is happening.

Example:

Running Milk Mod Economy (2015-9-19 and set to scale using NiO) and soulgem oven 2 (209 which I believe still uses NetImmerse)). No crashes. Like... EVER. Very solid.

SAME EXACT PROFILE, but replace soulgem 209 with SGO3 (which I know is beta but it uses NiO). Random CTD.

Tried bParallelMorphing=0 in nioverride.ini. Still CTD.

So I thought, ok maybe this is an issue with SGO3. 

Went back to soulgem oven 2... STILL THE SAME EXACT PROFILE and load order... everything.

No crashes. Seems to indicate that SGO3 has a problem, right? I am not convinced.

So I added in Fill Her Up, the new NiO patched version.

Random CTD again 

Remove FHU.

No CTD.

Milk Mod Economy is set in its MCM to use NiO. If that's the only NiO mod I have in the order, and the only thing scaling any nodes, then no CTD.

If I add another mod using NiO.

Crash. Random... sometimes it takes a while, but still crash.

SO.... I have to trust that Milk Mod is actually using NiO when its MCM says it is. I don't know how to verify. If true, then NiO works because breasts are scaling just fine. 

But nothing ELSE seems to work if it uses NiO. Almost like having one thing scaling is ok but not 2, which I kind of thought was the point of NiO... or at least one of the benefits of it.

I feel like I must be doing something wrong and it's probably something really stupid on my part.

No you're not, I have been experiencing a spike in random ctds since updating to 3.4.3 and I've been reading a lot of comments confirming the same. expired will get to it soon enough.

I'm finding the preset morph sliders being set to 0 thing more aggravating tbh. 

Throughout 3.4.0 to 3.4.3 Expired has been working on fixing bugs and crashes. We already tested ~15 more work in progress versions that fix all kinds of stuff.

So that will be most likely 3.4.4 soonish.

Thanks for this post, cell. I was beginning to think I had severely messed something up! :)

(again....)

I appreciate all of the work that goes into what you all are doing. 

Archived