Problem with Model stretching out crazily

Chunchoe

Hi there basically i tried to put physics on the tribunal robes by zairaam and it worked in the havok preview and followed canders tutorial perfectly along though in nifskope i had more polys then the original model which he said could be a problem but never explained how to fix it , along with that in game the model stretches out in sharp spikes ridiculously  any help with would be fantastic thanks

post-969814-0-62227100-1443896314_thumb.jpg

Stretching to infinity is almost always a skeleton issue. Make sure you have a compatible skeleton for the body and armors you are using. Try reinstalling your skeleton if it is a compatible one and make sure to not overwrite it with a different mod as some mods come with their own skeleton and if they overwrite yours it will either cause stretching or worse a CTD. 

Stretching to infinity is almost always a skeleton issue. Make sure you have a compatible skeleton for the body and armors you are using. Try reinstalling your skeleton if it is a compatible one and make sure to not overwrite it with a different mod as some mods come with their own skeleton and if they overwrite yours it will either cause stretching or worse a CTD. 

I am using XP32s skeleton , not sure what skeleton the tutorial used so i am guessing that is it , what would be the easiest fix to swap around the skeletons in 3ds max or would i have to start from scratch?

Just load the body/armor/outfit up into nifskope and look at what ninodes there are in the nif these are the bone nodes take a screenshot so you don't have to write them down then load up the skeleton you are using and load it up and look and see if it has the same nodes as the ones in the armor/body/outfit. 

Also what did you use to add physics to the robe and did you remove any ninodes from the nif? If it's bodyslid or outfit studious I have no clue as I have never used either one the only one I use for adding TBBP BBP HDT BBB BnB to a body depending on the game I am doing it for is mesh rigger which can add ninodes from one body/skeleton to a different body though it is better to just use a body instead of a skeleton as most skeleton have too much in them which makes the screen page too big which prevents you from clicking ok to start the tool.

Just load the body/armor/outfit up into nifskope and look at what ninodes there are in the nif these are the bone nodes take a screenshot so you don't have to write them down then load up the skeleton you are using and load it up and look and see if it has the same nodes as the ones in the armor/body/outfit. 

Also what did you use to add physics to the robe and did you remove any ninodes from the nif? If it's bodyslid or outfit studious I have no clue as I have never used either one the only one I use for adding TBBP BBP HDT BBB BnB to a body depending on the game I am doing it for is mesh rigger which can add ninodes from one body/skeleton to a different body though it is better to just use a body instead of a skeleton as most skeleton have too much in them which makes the screen page too big which prevents you from clicking ok to start the tool.

I was just using the HDT auto pilot tools which seemed to work fine it just seems a problem with the skeleton and i will have to re do it thanks for the help! also i was wondering if you knew how to fix a problem i have with ragdoll constraints , they are rotated all wrong and there is no way to actually rotate them into the correct position without making it so your model moves in the direction you rotated it

Archived