Creatures Framework API reference not found

Not sure if this topic should be in this forum. I aplogize in advance.

Regardless, I've been having trouble with some SexLab mods I've been using. I recently installed SexLab and Defeat and they were working fine. Then I tried installing the creatures framework, along with More Nasty Critters and their prerequisites. The game will work for a time, animations will play, everything goes smoothly. However, the game will most certainly crash at some point, even if I avoid animations all together. Obviously these mods are typically unstable and should be treated as such, but, two new things occur in my games. One is that certain saves will never load. They will be stuck infinitely within the loading screen. Second is that, when a game does load, it often brings up an error message that says "Creature Framework API reference not found. Make a clean save and try again". The animations will still work splendidly, but creatures will not become erect. Activating FNIS for users will sometimes help the API problem, if that helps.

Can anyone help with these three issues?

Be sure all plugins included with More Nasty Critters are loaded in recommended order and don't forget to run FNIS after installing any mod with custom animations. If you do these thing but issues persist, try to reset animation registry in sexlab MCM.

I've done all this except for the reset animation so I'll give it a try. But I did completely reinstall it all and the problem persisted, so idk

Note that FNIS and Sexlab framework have separate files for creature support, you also have to install them, and be sure other mods don't overwrite required files with obsolete versions.

They're both installed and their animations work absolutely fine. Nothing has overwritten anything as far as I can tell, as they both work, but the game is almost unplayable and it has something to do with the mods that allow me to access creature animations. I tried removing the mods with mod organizer and I still had the same problems. But, after I went through and deleted every single file from J containers, Creature Framework, And More Nasty Critters, the game ran perfectly fine. I had no problem loading any save and the game didn't crash often. I reinstalled and the problems persisted. I reinstalled exactly as described I should and the load order is fine. So, I'm really not sure what the problem could be. 

Note that FNIS and Sexlab framework have separate files for creature support, you also have to install them, and be sure other mods don't overwrite required files with obsolete versions.

They're both installed and their animations work absolutely fine. Nothing has overwritten anything as far as I can tell, as they both work, but the game is almost unplayable and it has something to do with the mods that allow me to access creature animations. I tried removing the mods with mod organizer and I still had the same problems. But, after I went through and deleted every single file from J containers, Creature Framework, And More Nasty Critters, the game ran perfectly fine. I had no problem loading any save and the game didn't crash often. I reinstalled and the problems persisted. I reinstalled exactly as described I should and the load order is fine. So, I'm really not sure what the problem could be. 

After installing these mods, try to overwrite with latest version from original Jcontainers (some mods couls contains obsolete versions that overwrite new ones), since game only work if you remove files manually seems to be a conflict with scripts or plugin versions...

After installing these mods, try to overwrite with latest version from original Jcontainers (some mods couls contains obsolete versions that overwrite new ones), since game only work if you remove files manually seems to be a conflict with scripts or plugin versions...

Trying now!

I did just now. Problems persist.

I'm having the same issue, the animations work perfectly but the creature mesh swapping for meshes don't work.

Be sure needed meshes aren't missing, go to creature framework MCM and see which option is using each creature to find possible registration issues, use re-register all option if needed.

wait a minute... are you installing creature framework + more nasty critters? Install only more nasty critters, this pack contains creature framework and other related mods, so you don't need them. Probably you have a version conflict with original CF and CF installed with more nasty critters.

I'm having the same issue, the animations work perfectly but the creature mesh swapping for meshes don't work.

Be sure needed meshes aren't missing, go to creature framework MCM and see which option is using each creature to find possible registration issues, use re-register all option if needed.

It's all there, I'm not new to this game.

I get an API reference not found error. The creatureframework MCM isn't showing up either.

It's all there, I'm not new to this game.

I get an API reference not found error. The creatureframework MCM isn't showing up either.

Which version of more nasty critters are you using? fomod or normal? be sure creature framework plugin is really enabled using your mod manager, I've suffered some issues in the past with other mods using wrong fomod settings and not all plugins or resources were installed correctly.

wait a minute... are you installing creature framework + more nasty critters? Install only more nasty critters, this pack contains creature framework and other related mods, so you don't need them. Probably you have a version conflict with original CF and CF installed with more nasty critters.

Wait, so more nasty critters comes with Creature Framework? And Creature framework is unnecessary? That's a big bit of info. I was under the impression that it's required to use any creature related sexlab scene. Alright, I'll get rid of Creature framework and reinstall MNC

Wait, so more nasty critters comes with Creature Framework? And Creature framework is unnecessary? That's a big bit of info. I was under the impression that it's required to use any creature related sexlab scene. Alright, I'll get rid of Creature framework and reinstall MNC

There are still problems. But they're much better. Thanks so much.

For those having the creatureframework api not found issue: The problem is that creatureframework requires PapyrusUtil which DOES NOT come with More Nasty Critters (IT SHOULD!). If you did not had PapyrusUtil and simply installed Creature Framework through MNC than you now what to do now.

The reason for the "creature framework API reference not found" message could be a missing SexLab Aroused / SexLab Aroused Redux. While the creature framework download section clearly states that SexLab Aroused is not mandatory you won't get the creature framework mcm menu without a SexLab Aroused installation. Had the same problem myself and it can easily be reproduced. Add SexLab Aroused and start a new game - no missing API. Keep SexLab Aroused out of your load order -> missing API and no mcm menu.

For those having the creatureframework api not found issue: The problem is that creatureframework requires PapyrusUtil which DOES NOT come with More Nasty Critters (IT SHOULD!). If you did not had PapyrusUtil and simply installed Creature Framework through MNC than you now what to do now.

But that come with SSL Framework... And I'm still getting API error

Man this should really be in the opening post, Creature framework DOES require that and it's the only thing not included here in this mod.

Thanks for this man, it solved the missing API problem for me!

Edit: Okay now it isn't working again, same error even though that fixed it until next re-start. Like what is going on here?

I had this same issue, The way I fixed it for me was extremely simple. I put more nasty critters plugin to load last after other plugins included in this mod. You have to read his description page, he has more nasy criiters loaded first before other plugins, but if you read a little further he contradicts that and says to put it last. I did that loaded my game and had no error popup. When you load your game you might have to wait, be patient, it took about 10 mins before I got the message Sexlab Creature Animations installed. I have waited 20 plus minutes for Skyrim to reconize new mcm menus, long enough to forget that I had installed a new mod. Checked SexLab and all the animations were there. Do they work I don't know haven't tried yet.  

I had this same issue, The way I fixed it for me was extremely simple. I put more nasty critters plugin to load last after other plugins included in this mod. You have to read his description page, he has more nasy criiters loaded first before other plugins, but if you read a little further he contradicts that and says to put it last. I did that loaded my game and had no error popup. When you load your game you might have to wait, be patient, it took about 10 mins before I got the message Sexlab Creature Animations installed. I have waited 20 plus minutes for Skyrim to reconize new mcm menus, long enough to forget that I had installed a new mod. Checked SexLab and all the animations were there. Do they work I don't know haven't tried yet.  

It only took me like, 30 seconds? How many script mods do you have installed?

Also I have it at the end of the load order the same as you, and have the creature framework missing problem. Though, the animations DO seem to work, but you can't view the menu at all, which could be a problem if you need to swap anything out or adjust settings.

Man this should really be in the opening post, Creature framework DOES require that and it's the only thing not included here in this mod.

Edit: Okay now it isn't working again, same error even though that fixed it until next re-start. Like what is going on here?

It was a perfect fix for me. I'm no modder much less a programer but It feels to me thats the work of an unupdated mod of yours, probably SL. Make sure you have the latest SL framework (1.60 hotfix2 full) and everything else that MNC requires. Worst case scenario you will have to uninstall every MNC related mod and install them all over again in the correct order. If you end up doing that don't forget that some mods have specifiq steps for a correct uninstall so check its instructions before attempting to do so.

It was a perfect fix for me. I'm no modder much less a programer but It feels to me thats the work of an unupdated mod of yours, probably SL. Make sure you have the latest SL framework (1.60 hotfix2 full) and everything else that MNC requires. Worst case scenario you will have to uninstall every MNC related mod and install them all over again in the correct order. If you end up doing that don't forget that some mods have specifiq steps for a correct uninstall so check its instructions before attempting to do so.

Oh I fixed that a bit ago already. I just had to use the megadrive version of the file that was more up to date and complete.