NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

You must excuse me I have not DONOTDELETE.

But my VirtualInstal folder exists and contains all the folders mod installed as the file exists VirtualModConfig xml.

The only one missing and Donotdelete that should be created automatically as it did. :(

I recommended to reinstall NMM again for the same reason. In your last installation it didn't create that file and it should.

Since you can't make it by yourself, re installation of NMM is the only solution.

But if you do not want to do it, you can reinstall old NMM using any newer then 0.5.3x to the same folders and use the "Restore backup" functionality. You're then back to exactly where you were before you installed 0.60.+

But this does not create the file Donotdelete When you start to install the mod?

Prior to version 0.60.16 I had nothing, I reinstalled Skyrim and NMM a sheet if you can say clean.

I gave you two options, only ones you have. So, either to reinstall NMM 0.60.+ from the beginning which should resolve creating backup file automatically, or go back to older version before it.

If you reinstall NMM 0.60.+ and you don't have backup file in it again, you should manually remove any NMM files from your PC and start NMM from scratch. All instructions how to do it are on my OP.

Okay I understand that I have no alternative to redo everything.

Thank you for your reply.

You must excuse me I have not DONOTDELETE.

But my VirtualInstal folder exists and contains all the folders mod installed as the file exists VirtualModConfig xml.

The only one missing and Donotdelete that should be created automatically as it did. :(

I recommended to reinstall NMM again for the same reason. In your last installation it didn't create that file and it should.

Since you can't make it by yourself, re installation of NMM is the only solution.

But if you do not want to do it, you can reinstall old NMM using any newer then 0.5.3x to the same folders and use the "Restore backup" functionality. You're then back to exactly where you were before you installed 0.60.+

But this does not create the file Donotdelete When you start to install the mod?

Prior to version 0.60.16 I had nothing, I reinstalled Skyrim and NMM a sheet if you can say clean.

I gave you two options, only ones you have. So, either to reinstall NMM 0.60.+ from the beginning which should resolve creating backup file automatically, or go back to older version before it.

If you reinstall NMM 0.60.+ and you don't have backup file in it again, you should manually remove any NMM files from your PC and start NMM from scratch. All instructions how to do it are on my OP.

Okay I understand that I have no alternative to redo everything.

Thank you for your reply.

There is alternative of redoing all, but you have to revert to older NMM version which you don't want to. :) If you revert to older version, you will not lost anyting. Just follow instructions.

Well I didn't have the Backup_DONOTDELETE.zip and I followed what you were saying with the guy above me (uninstalling  with CCleaner and reinstaliing) and I still don't have it. 

Now I asked the bug report of the Nexus, were told to look for the file on your PC, without any result.

If there is no "DONOTDELETE" file in your computer, you didn't install NMM 0.60.+ properly since it creates it automatically and I had it in all 0.60.+ versions exactly where it should be as it is showed in my How to make Backup and how to restore your Backup:

post-894077-0-75432000-1445817920_thumb.png

Check it again. It should be here (included picture is from my computer):

post-894077-0-10986300-1445817455_thumb.png

Restoring your original profile (backup) and how to do clean NMM setup as well as doing NMM upgrade is explained in several topics in my OP.

When I reinstalled 60 I had it try to reinstall the mods during the change for Oblivion.  The backup file is in the Oblivion Virtualinstall folder.  Since it messed up the Oblivion mods, I had it just uninstall the mods for Skyrim & the Fallout games.  There is no backup file in any of those folders.  I've been assuming that if I didn't have it reinstall the mods, there would be no backup unless I told NMM to do it, which I haven't tried yet.

When I reinstalled 60 I had it try to reinstall the mods during the change for Oblivion.  The backup file is in the Oblivion Virtualinstall folder.  Since it messed up the Oblivion mods, I had it just uninstall the mods for Skyrim & the Fallout games.  There is no backup file in any of those folders.  I've been assuming that if I didn't have it reinstall the mods, there would be no backup unless I told NMM to do it, which I haven't tried yet.

Correct, uninstalling mods via NMM removes DONOTDELETE backup file too. Just for the testing purposes, before I upgraded any NMM 0.60.+ to newer version, I always uninstalled mods via NMM. Uninstalling removed DONOTDELETE file. When new NMM version was installed, NMM automatically placed that file in Vurtualinstall folder.

That files serves as helper to user if want to revert to older 0.54.+ NMM version. Therefore is always recommended to uninstall mods first before reverting to older 0.54+ NMM version.

How do you not properly install NMM? It is one of the easiest things to install...

I agree with you - it is very simple, but yet, it's tricky, because choosing "wrong" options during the installation can lead you to the same and similar problems you guys have :) I wrote about it in my Various tips about installation and post installation of NMM.

For now I do not think you make a proper procedure of uninstalling as two days ago I just installed the mod (I also play a little bit).

But next time I'll try to be careful to do.

Thank you again for your time.

I used the tips from the Nexus forum and from some others and my own experience. This thread is not perfect and I'm trying my best to improve it. I'm also not native English speaker. If you have ideas how can I improve my thread, please, help me, you're welcome. :)

For now I do not think you make a proper procedure of uninstalling as two days ago I just installed the mod (I also play a little bit).

I used the tips from the Nexus forum and from some others and my own experience. This thread is not perfect and I'm trying my best to improve it. I'm also not native English speaker. If you have ideas how can I improve my thread, please, help me, you're welcome. :)

I have not!?, You do not need help go very well, not only in this trend but also throughout LL site, when I see your avatar I think there is someone who is doing an observation concrete, keep it up. :)

I have not!?, You do not need help go very well, not only in this trend but also throughout LL site, when I see your avatar I think there is someone who is doing an observation concrete, keep it up. :)

Thank you very much for your kind words. This thread is under construction and I'm aware of failures and mistakes that exist in my main page. I just don't know how to fix them and make my main page better and more understandable for all. I need a help. I will surely work on improvement. Thanks again. :)

Good news:

thanks to CPU's kindness, my OP is under reconstruction and improvement. Soon, my OP will be more understandable, grammar and typing errors will be fixed, better overview of the topics, easer to search and find topics and answers and many other small but important things will be fixed. Thank you all who support this thread.

Good news:

thanks to CPU's kindness, my OP is under reconstruction and improvement. Soon, my OP will be more understandable, grammar and typing errors will be fixed, better overview of the topics, easier to search and find topics and answers and many other small but important things will be fixed. Thank you all who support this thread.

glad to hear that CPU has volunteered to help.

Thank you so much for this thread!

Thank you for kind words. I'm working constantly (with help of friends) on this thread to make it even better and more useful for all NMM users. And I twill be better in the near future. :)

Hello, Elf Prince.

Eventually I found out because I do not delete, it is created when you uninstall the mod, on a clean install of NMM and normal that not there is. :D 
I think this thing would be useful in the future be shown as I did you not understand others may have difficulty in understanding it. ;)

Hello, Elf Prince.

Eventually I found out because I do not delete, it is created when you uninstall the mod, on a clean install of NMM and normal that not there is. :D 

I think this thing would be useful in the future be shown as I did you not understand others may have difficulty in understanding it. ;)

I'm glad it worked for you. :)

As I said, the correct installation of NMM 0.60.+ is explained few times in several topics in NP. Thanks to CPU, OP will have more understandable and easer topic finder and topic names.

A new tool for NMM 0.60.+ users - Profiled Skyrim SaveGame Manager

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70999/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D70999%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Until NMM makes workable version of this function, this little tool is quite handy. As Nexus Mod Manager currently does not manage your SaveGames along with profiles.
You can add it as custom launcher to NMM or run the app as standalone, so it doesn't need NMM.

= Before relying on this =
1. Make sure, Profiling works for you
2. Backup your SaveGames
3. Try this app
4a) If everything works: be happy
4b) If it doesn't work: roll back your backup and throw a rotten potato at me (or try to give some feedback)

All other informations available on original site.

Report about NMM 0.60.16

- This release have some serious issues/bugs with installing hairs, textures and meshes mods as all 0.60.+ versions. Well, NMM will install them properly, but will cause you problems if you install new mods that contain them too. Especially hair mods. If you install mods that "share" already installed mods, and although you rejected offer to overwrite them, NMM still overwrites them in great part. So, if you uninstall those mods later, you have to reinstall the mods they overwrote. Otherwise, you'll have glitched, eyes or hair or bodies or all of it.

Thanks for info caliban. :)

Although, after every mod uninstallation I'm checking for leftovers, and NMM does pretty good job in uninstallatin. Well, I have only 126 mods, sometimes 150, and NMM uninstall them well. I guess there are probably mods that NMM doesn't uninstall good and those are "unknown" to me. :9

If anyone knows for such mods, please, report so I can make the list of  the mods that NMM doesn't handle well.

Reports are welcome:

If anyone knows of any mods that NMM 0.60.+ doesn't install/uninstall correctly, please report them, so I can make a list of the mods that NMM doesn't handle well. Thank you.