List of Well Known Skyrim Bugs/Glitches & Their Solutions

bjornk

Maybe this is something else you can add to the list (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/42462-camera-zoom-not-working/page-2). Though, it seems to be a hardware related issue with Skyrim. I was looking up a problem but mine had to do with changing poses in tfc mode that causes my mouse wheel to not zoom in/out and my rmb lmb to not engage in magic or weapon.

Yes, I sometimes have that TFC problem too, never found a solution though. I don't think it's hardware related but I'm going to try setting bMouseAcceleration to 0 in SkyrimPrefs.ini and see if it fixes the problem.

These are my current settings:

bGamePadRumble=0

bMouseAcceleration=1

bUseKinect=0

This is of course a way to prevent it from happening, but I'm more interested in what we can possibly do to fix it when it happens.

We need a list of things to try when:

• Your mouse wheel stops zooming in/out
  • You cannot engage in combat (cannot attack).

For instance, does switching to "Immersive First Person View" (and back) do any good in this situation? Or using a tanning rack, perhaps mounting a horse etc.? You may place one right in front of you using player.placeatme.

In addition to the problem above, these issues need a solution as well:

• You cannot choose a new spell/power from the spells menu or from the Favorites menu.
  • The camera angle is stuck in one direction and attempting to rotate the camera around your character (using your mouse) rotates your character around itself instead.

• 2 months later...

I've decided to add the following here as I keep forgetting the usage of certain console commands that I sometimes use for fixing bugs or changing things in quests etc. 

How to change the value of a quest alias:

Step 1. SSQ <QUEST_ID>

Step 2. (REF).ForceRefIntoAlias <QUEST_ALIAS>

Example:

Let's assume that 'MyFollower' is an alias in the quest 'MyQuest' and we want to assign Serana into this alias using console...

SSQ MyQuest

Serana_RefID.ForceRefIntoAlias MyFollower

Serana_RefID is the value you get when you click on her. If you've already clicked on her or used PRID to select her, you may use ForceRefIntoAlias without the Serana_RefID part.

How to change the value of a quest variable:

setpqv <QUEST_ID> <QUEST_VARIABLE> <VALUE>

Example:

setpqv MyQuest MyQuestVariable 9999

Archived