Are you proud of your country?

This thread is not about debating about politics and things alike. No, this thread is about: if your are proud over your own country.

It's quite simple. Answer yes or no, and if you feel like it, some explanation of why you feel like you do.

It's just something that I am curious of in general. If this "old" mentality is still at large so to speak.

Remember, no insults towards others, and keep debates somewhere else.

This is surely a question you have been asked. I sure have. My answer is: No, I'm not proud of my country - Sweden.

From time to time, when asked this question, and I give the answer, I have often been called "traitor", "fag" or "nigger lover" etc etc.

It's no surprise it's often Racists and Nazis scum who yell these things. So yeah, no big deal.

A few times, a few actually wants to know why I'm not proud of my country, and I usually respond with this:

I feel no love for my country, due to we let the Nazis just walk right into our country during WWII and acted as we didn't see or heard them.

We often support retarded decisions (like some of the economic deals Greece atm has to deal with to get on their feet again) other countries come up with.

We still use Monarchy, meaning, we still use a king and a queen. They don't do anything worthy (apart from a few fonds helping solving cancer etc etc), but they cost us a lot of money.

The excuse why we still use it is often "they do publicity for our country bla bla bla" but as I see it, there is nothing really to do advertising for.

Our King has no power at all, and if he one day would say something about politics, he is in big trouble.

I don't know what the punishment would be if he did, but our politicians has way more power than him.

We like to copy other countries soap operas, and then we keep showing them, until something new is coming up and the circle just keeps going on.

When our politicians are "working" and have some sort of debate, it's like...... Well, just go outside, to the nearest playground, and there you have it.

It seems to be more about throwing sand (in other words: insults) on your opponent instead of you know, debate the problem at hand and come up with a solution. We often call it daycare behavior.

We seems to think it's much better idea, to increase the age limit of how long you are forced to work before being allowed to retire.

It used to be up to 60 years old in the past, but then it slowly increased to 65 and I think right now, it has have reached 70.

In the meanwhile, there thousands and thousands of youths out there, being unemployed with no chance of getting a job.

A couple of years ago, there were this air balloon flying around for a short time, and it didn't take long until someone yelled:

h4m6l59o6nsyn0zt9fcf.jpg

And this kept going on for weeks. Basically every newspaper kept this going with pointless articles.

And I could keep going on and on, but I will stop now.

There a few things we actually gets right:

Our females! We seems to be very popular when it comes to our gurlz! Something that often gets talked about in TV-shows and stuff like that.

"have you seen the Swedish girls? Man, those are the best looking girls in the world" etc etc. Please confirm ;)

Our Internet speeds! It seems to become the new standard to be able to enjoy having high speed of your internet!

It's very very rare you hear someone with a low speeds. But if you do, it's mostly due to being slightly outside the "margin" of the cable so to speak.

Our Social service! It used to be better in the past, but it's still really good. You really have to fuck up several times, before you slip through and end up on the streets. It depends of course where you live, but in general it's okay. Some of the negativity it gets is due to laws and restrictions implemented by our politicians. While others think they will be able to live like kings and queens doing nothing at all, and still get loads of dosh.

Which as you may now, it's not the case. It's a temporary solution, until you get on your feet again. Some seems not able to grasp that, and start complaining when they don't get enough money. You get as much as you really need, for food and clothing. Not a new console or PC.

Anyway, are you proud of your country?