Crashing on "showracemenu"?

gvman3670

Yeah, Oblivion and not Skyrim. And if it was Skyrim I'd only need that for ECE since the newer versions of RM already contain it.

On a side note, it was NOT colurwheels. Nope. Still crashing. Everything else is fine so far, though. Just can't change my char's hair at this point and it's absolutely hideous. :P

You need the racemenu precache clearer mod:  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33526/?

That should fix it.

That's a Skyrim Mod!

In my Oblivion race menu are more than 30 races and it does not Crash.

So there must be something wrong with one or more races or with the hair-eye Mods.

Edit: sometimes change hair style or eye Color does not work in my game, I must first save the character then open the race menu again and then I can change hair and eyes.

And I noticed eye/beautification Mod often have missing files for eye lashes. All use Working Eyelashes  http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/18185/  but the Mod authors  often forget to pack all data in their Mods, many times I found missing eye lashes textures or meshes in race, eye or beautification Mods.

OK, so some info.

I can create a brand new character at this point. And that new character can use the "showracemenu" command. Yet my old char/save cannot. So it must be something with my old, overplayed save as far as I can tell.

One other thing, though. When I choose "CW Breton" I can't use the eye or hair mod I chose (can't even choose any other vanilla hairs or eyes for that matter). What do I need to do to make them available for the prettier heads?

Not the Problem I posted above ?

sometimes change hair style or eye Color does not work in my game, I must first save the character then open the race menu again and then I can change hair and eyes.

That means i can click the hair or eye button and nothing happens.

I must Close the creation menu and open it again. If you play the vanilla start you can play with the wrong hair/eyes till you reach the sewer Exit, there you can change all you want ( race, hair, esyes ,...) Or you open the race menu with console : Show racemenu.

In most alternative start Mods you can open the race menu as often as you want.

And have you checked the CW Breton race in CS or TES4Edit ? maybe it has only one hair and eye.

And a hair and eye Mod only works for the Mods for which it was made. If it is for vanilla races  the Mod have the Oblivion.esm as master file.

If you want to use the hair/eye Mod with other race Mods you must load both in the CS and then drag-drop the hairs and eyes from the hair/eye Mod in the race hair and eye windows.

The hair/eye Mod will be set as master file of the race Mod and must be in load order above the race Mod.

After you have load both Mods you click "Character" and then you open the Race window and the Hair and/or eye window.

post-3205-0-53582300-1439162246_thumb.jpg

In the race window select the race you want abd click Body data (X)

post-3205-0-52429600-1439163040_thumb.jpg then you see at the right the eyes and hair window.

Now drag the hairs you want in the race hair window ( or eyes in the eyes window)

Click OK

Save the Mod

Archived