Welcome to my Small Project of Updating TES Oblivion IV

Okay so i have been Working on Improving Oblivion by making Fresh New Meshes and Textures.

But going from a clutter mesh and a body mesh it gets all mixed up, basicly my meshes show up in game but the collision is not following the mesh.

oblivion has a very simplistic way of how things are made but are so complex when it comes to setting.

Here are some photos of my Meshes with Textures that are Done ,ecxcept the Collision problems...

Note: the color is slightly different due to the light source i used.

If anyone can explain what i did wrong and how i can fix this it would be awesome.

? in game but the collision is not following the mesh. ?

What do you mean? Should the shape of the collision  be exact the shape of the bottle ?

post-3205-0-14437600-1437375432_thumb.jpg your bottle and the vanilla bottle.  That the collision on the bottle neck is not exactly follow the shape of the bottle is OK.

But think you mean the collision does not work in game.

post-3205-0-63722900-1437375439_thumb.jpg 1. in the BSX flag you must set Havok.

post-3205-0-62217600-1437375449_thumb.jpg 2. These two Setting are not right in your nif . You have set DEACTIVATOR_NEVER and  SOLVER_DEACTIVATION_OFF , should be Spatial and Low.

With the changes your bottle works fine in game

post-3205-0-92375900-1437375454_thumb.jpg

Nice work.

OMG your amazing !!! Thanks so Much, ill fix all of my meshes right now. :D

Also do you know any meshes that need improvement?

i have been wanting to work on Wooden items but im just fixing the Worst models first.

"need improvement" all a matter of taste.

Nearly all nif bugs are fixed in the unofficial Patches (UOP and all DLC patches ) such as holes in nifs, overlapping nif parts ( flickering in game ), wrong collision .... also textures bugs are fixed.

Should be used even if you don't use the esp ( like me )

improvements: there are many mesh replacer, also better Food and Ingredients, Alchemy appliances, cutlery and crockery,.... some month ago I saw a Mod which improved all rocks ( less edgy)

And with better textures many "bad" meshes look good.

So decide yourself and improve what you do not like.

Yes but my goal is not to just replace a few things its to bring the game back to life.

i want it to feel new but not different.

this means making the more iconic and most memorable items true to there original counterpart but more realistic.

I had lot of wasted today due to blender crashing while i was painting.

it crashed 4 times when i was trying to make the Skooma Texture so i gave up on it and continued.

My progress so far !

Yesterday i Completed : Mead, Ale & Potion Bottle.

Today i Completed : Brandy, Poison & Wine 1

Tonight i will work on the soul Gem Meshes( and textures if there is time due to stone being a rather easy Texture to make). Thanks for the Suggestion God Ayato

Tomorrow i will finish up Wine 2 & 3 and possibly move on to the Repair hammer.

Here is the new Pictures of all the items, i used a better light source.

Also Curious whats the max Texture size that Oblivion supports?

All of these are using 1024x1024

Finished the Wine Bottle 2 & 3 and the Repair Hammer.

I was Worried on how Metal items would look using only 2 maps but it looks way better than expected.

Also do you think i should Add Paper Labels to the Drinks like in the base game & should the Soul Gems remain similar to the style to the original?

Yeah in oblivion its more like a geode that wasn't broken open or a horribly rough crystal kind.

Skyrim is more of the idea that they chiseled it out or just broke off a piece of crystal .

Currently i am having collision issues with some of the items.

when dropped they will ether float in mid air (like the paint brushes) or will fall thru the map, but in the Construction Kit they react normal.

I found out also that Oblivion uses Parallax Maps on the cave meshes.

i am considering working on the septim next.

"when dropped they will ether float in mid air (like the paint brushes)"

the paint brushes are fixed in the UOP. The wrong-original collision was set as static

if

MO_SYS_FIXED

DEACTIVATOR_NEVER

SOLVER_DEACTIVATION_OFF

MO_QUAL_FIXED

and collision is set as "OL_CLUTTER" the objects react like static objects.

Best you copie the Setting from a working nif.

The fixed nif (tested in game)

repairhammer fix.nif

I open a original hammer nif and delete the collision  ( only the bhkConvexVerticesShape) and the hammer.

post-3205-0-29781600-1437697658_thumb.jpg

Then I copied from your nif the bhkConvexVerticesShape and the hammer.

post-3205-0-30081000-1437697664_thumb.jpg

last fix: bound the bhkConvexVerticesShape  to the bhkRigidBody

post-3205-0-07761900-1437697672_thumb.jpg

-----------------------------------

And wrong in your nif was the MO_QUAL_MOVING , should be MO_QUAL_DEBRIS. But there were other things wrong...because it didn't worked in game.

I was too lazy to look for the Errors, so I used the copy-paste fix , I always do it this way. So it goes faster, without searching and testing, and next try and next test,....

Archived