Star Wars Battlefront 2015

Darkening Demise

EA loves rushing things out to milk hype. Sadly this is coming up for the Disney 'Star Wars' movie. (honestly Star Wars is dead)

So here's info on 'Battlefront', which lacks majority of past installments' content. Sad.

Comparison to Battlefront 2, from 2005.

http://ps4daily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/battlefront-features-633x1000.jpg

Scripted Trailer That Fools Millions (We all know it's not like this, it never really is. Just E3 hype)

EA expects it to sell millions-LMAO!

Multiplayer Battlefail 4 reskin as Star Wars. Focused only on the Galactic Civil War featuring only 8 maps on 4 planets. (wow talk about variety for $60)

No singleplayer mode, no bots, no galactic conquest, no instant action, no classes, no ammo, only 2 hero characters, everyone can fly around with jet packs, only 20 vs 20 (32 vs 32 from BF2), no space battles, vehicles are on rails, no confirmed vehicles. AT-AT will be not playable. Not moddable (BF2 was).

True and True...... but Disney just need to launch a new fantabulous trailer and, because of my unconditional devotion to star wars....... , I would run to buy the game because of the hype...

They are smart people and knows well how to milk of the masses....

As much as I love the star wars series, the battlefront games are definitely not their strong point. I remember getting Battlefront 2 when it came out thinking it would be noticeably better than Battlefront 1, but all I got was an extra class and the hero mode (which was really broken on certain maps with close quarters like mustafar). To me, Battlefront 2 felt a lot like the exact same game; maps still littered with clutter and buildings with AWFUL collision detection on almost every map, Naboo especially. Vehicles didn't really handle smoothly, the snowspeeders on Hoth were all over the place. I guess one could enjoy it simply because its a star wars game, but I remember people comparing it to the battlefield series in terms of gameplay, and they aren't even in the same league. Good star wars game, bad team based shooter. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. The star wars fan in me wants this new Battlefront to be decent, but I am certainly not holding my breath. :-/

As much as I love the star wars series, the battlefront games are definitely not their strong point. I remember getting Battlefront 2 when it came out thinking it would be noticeably better than Battlefront 1, but all I got was an extra class and the hero mode (which was really broken on certain maps with close quarters like mustafar). To me, Battlefront 2 felt a lot like the exact same game; maps still littered with clutter and buildings with AWFUL collision detection on almost every map, Naboo especially. Vehicles didn't really handle smoothly, the snowspeeders on Hoth were all over the place. I guess one could enjoy it simply because its a star wars game, but I remember people comparing it to the battlefield series in terms of gameplay, and they aren't even in the same league. Good star wars game, bad team based shooter. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. The star wars fan in me wants this new Battlefront to be decent, but I am certainly not holding my breath. :-/

Battlefront 2 introduced space battles too. I hated how it lacked ground vehicles compared to BF1. You couldn't fly on ground battles. Where was the Clone Wars gunship? Only in space. It did improve some things but had its flaws. Renegade Squadron was next, that made it customization and not classes. Then we got Elite Squadron that introduced transitions between battles, from space to planet air to ground and back. That was fun, it was one epic battle all together rather than separate like before where you had to fight in space, if you won then it was to the ground battle to conquer the planet. Instead of improving the series DICE is using their fanboys and poor lazy excuse of 'next gen' to get away with highway robbery. But hey, EA for a reason.

Archived