Clothing Sizes

TheUsefullPotion

Hello everyone.

I figured. if there are so many body sizes in skyrim. how come all can wear the same clothing? like i once killed a really pumped NPC wearing an Steel Armor. then i figured i might aswell use it. now i use a female with UNP andweight at lowest and for some unexplained reason the armor fits like it was smithed exactly for my body. 

so... 

i wondered is there any mods out there that fixes this and makes armor and clothing have diffrent sizes? i looked for about 2 H with no result.

and i do recal when i used to mod oblivion that there was a mod who did this. 

Hello everyone.

I figured. if there are so many body sizes in skyrim. how come all can wear the same clothing? like i once killed a really pumped NPC wearing an Steel Armor. then i figured i might aswell use it. now i use a female with UNP andweight at lowest and for some unexplained reason the armor fits like it was smithed exactly for my body. 

so... 

i wondered is there any mods out there that fixes this and makes armor and clothing have diffrent sizes? i looked for about 2 H with no result.

fair idea. i wish it was a thing. unfair that male character get to wear the cooler versions of armors :(

Hello everyone.

so... 

No mods about this that I know of.   It's a Suspension of Disbelief issue that's existed in RPGs since the first edition of Dungeons and Dragons rolled off the presses in the late 70s.   Yeah, the plate mail that ogre was wearing now can be used by your halfling...  O_o 

It's really a matter of convenience for players and programmers really.  If we stuck to reality here, players would find almost no armor drops that fit them.  "This is the 10th armor drop I've gotten since Helgen and I'm still stuck wearing this damned Imperial / Stormcloak armor!"   Doubly true with plate style armors where it SHOULD be custom fit to the wearer for the best combination of mobility and protection.

You get a little bit of "reality" if you have one of the curvier female body replacers like Sevenbase and find a vanilla armor.  Suddenly your character's DDD cup boobs are sandwiched into steel plate that looks like it was made for a girl with a training bra, lol.

Beyond taht, my advice is just throw the suspension of disbelief into high gear.  Custom armor sets for every body size and race would make for alot of game bloat and very little that could be used by the player, hence it'd never be a popular mod outside of a handful of diehard realists that think Frostfall is too easy :)

Yeah but if as he explains you are a diehard everything must be realistic type of guy you would see that trying to use simply a table and a hammer would not make straps longer, belts, plate that is to wide fit, to long, E.T.C (not an expert)

Edit: what i ment was if you are at that level of realism you probably wont settle wth: no worries it costs 1 stell ingot to make this ridicilusly large plate armor a cutom fit with optimal preformance) i mean in reality you would just have to remake every piece wich is tecnicly just making another set. (simply put try putting an M1911 Mag inside an M9 berretta. same result) 

good idea though. but a better one IMO is that smithed armor always fit. and found can (if lucky) fit. 

Though if we are going into it studies say that female armor can kill females. Something about that the breasts gets pressed down. Idk. i'll try and find the link for it if i do find it again (clearly another sign that i know much more then is healthy xD)

Yet. If there are some DayZ fans here who likes this kind of reality. It could be an easy implement. (i can post an idea if anyone is interested in something like this other then me. but i would admitvily probably uninstall after a while for making me Rage that i can't find s**t that fits 

Edit: overal this does seem like a mod that will require work. and pretty much of it. if anyone is interseted as i said just post about it in this thread and i will post a more detailed idea of what the F**k im talking about (Of course whoever makes it will do as he/she wishes with it)

Edit: if nobody got it DayZ is like thee most realistic game out there right now and it aint even out of alpha. and i mean realistic. you can break your legs. you can give blood transplants, theres diffrent meds like morphine and epinefrine. you can make splints for broken bones. gunshots make you blead and require a bandage. and much more (no cemercial here)

Archived