Doing a new install, hoping for some help with mods :)

PyreBorn

***EDIT***

My first questions were answered (thanks again) but I had another problem, and I figured it'd fit with this thread and didn't need another

***EDIT***

So my question this time is. Is there a guide for the lovers mods so I know the best settings to use so I'm not raped all the time, or to limit stalkers. Basically what I want to do is limit it so that rape is rare, maybe like once a day, or every few days unless I'm running around nude/stripping/wearing the ring of pheromones? With my current game I have a hard time going into towns, or waiting/resting :/ I know it has something to do with Libido/Ludeness, and some other settings, but I can't seem to get the settings configured all that well (errors on my part).

Thanks for any help,

Pyre

***SOLVED***

So I'm about to reinstall Oblivion to try out some of the mods like XeoSP++ and such that I found on here, but I have a few questions I'd like some help with so I don't have to do a few failed installs first :)

I've read the threads on MBP, XEO, and BBB but I've got some questions on installation order for everything together just in case.

Let me start with a quick list of what I'm going to install

I'm going to use

- HGEC body with BBB package (http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=34442)

- Roberts Male Body

- Xeos/XeoSP++

- MBP++ All-in-One Package

- F-INevOblivion skinset for EC and HGEC

- Various Landscape/Building Texture packs (such as Quarls, Trees and Flora, Water, Sky, Night)

- May use some of the Lovers with PK mods as well (depending on x117 question later)

So here are my questions, I promise to make it as short as possible :)

1) Should I use the Unnofficial Patches and Texture packs before installing the race/race beauty mods?

2) What order should I install Xeo mods, MBP pack, and the Body replacers? (As of right now I figured use the steps in the Xeos guide, then the body replacers, followed by MBP++) but that's why I'm asking here, just in case!

3) Is there a way to keep the x117 races from engaging in sexual activities? As in, can I keep them from using any of the Lovers mods?

4) Is http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=29103 The Xenius Race Compilation compatible with the above mods? (Although I'm not too worried about installing it, seeing all the races the other mods give)

Now onto two side questions. Does Xeos or MBP alter all the vanilla races, such as making Argonians/Orcs more attractive? OR is it safe to use vanilla race replacer textures. I'll link to the ones I was using previously to see if anyone could tell me how compatible they would be.

The Ahtata replacers:

tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=20338

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=20460

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=20527

The Khajiit and Tabaxi HGEC replacers:

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=31156

I've used all of the above replacers with the F-INevOblivion skinset for EC and HGEC from above, but I wasn't sure if they'd be needed after the XEO mods...mostly because I only have a vague Idea what changes the make.

Soooo...I'll leave it at that, any help would be more than welcomed, and even if you can't, thank you for taking the time to read this :)

...one last question before I go. Could anyone tell me what order to install LoversCreatures, LoversCreaturesExtended and the improved animations for those two (as in, extended THEN animations, or the other way around?)

Peace and thanks,

Pyre

1. Install UOP

2. Install any other nexus mods of quests/clothing/armor/weapons/player homes/cities

3. Install your various Landscape/Building Texture packs

4. Install your male and female bodies

5. Install MBP

6. Install Xeo/Install your skinset (see Xeo instructions for details): http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=13

7. Install lovers last.

MBP is a passive mod - it waits for other plugins to use it.

Xeo is a replacer mod - it will replace most vanilla NPC's.

Xeo does in fact do the orcs (they are brown and don't have the teeth sticking out anymore) and the argonians are quite different - hard to describe. You can go and get other replacers for these races if you don't like what xeo does just place the esp lower in the load order.

x117 is also passive so don't install any mods that will draw from it and you don't have to worry. Otherwise you will have to either use the CS to make them unavailable for sex or use the in game settings.

Xenius Race is not really compatible per say with the above. You CAN use it, but it may cause weirdness depending on your load order.

I personally use Ahtata's for the argonions as I dislike the xeo version but this is just a personal choice.

DO NOT install both LoversCreatures, LoversCreaturesExtended - you only choose one. It is safe to install the added animations either before or after as that mod has no esp/esm and won't overwrite anything.

Did I get everything????? That was a mouthful of questions to answer :)

1. Install UOP

2. Install any other nexus mods of quests/clothing/armor/weapons/player homes/cities

3. Install your various Landscape/Building Texture packs

4. Install your male and female bodies

5. Install MBP

6. Install Xeo/Install your skinset (see Xeo instructions for details): http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=13

7. Install lovers last.

MBP is a passive mod - it waits for other plugins to use it.

Xeo is a replacer mod - it will replace most vanilla NPC's.

Xeo does in fact do the orcs (they are brown and don't have the teeth sticking out anymore) and the argonians are quite different - hard to describe. You can go and get other replacers for these races if you don't like what xeo does just place the esp lower in the load order.

x117 is also passive so don't install any mods that will draw from it and you don't have to worry. Otherwise you will have to either use the CS to make them unavailable for sex or use the in game settings.

Xenius Race is not really compatible per say with the above. You CAN use it' date=' but it may cause weirdness depending on your load order.

I personally use Ahtata's for the argonions as I dislike the xeo version but this is just a personal choice.

DO NOT install both LoversCreatures, LoversCreaturesExtended - you only choose one. It is safe to install the added animations either before or after as that mod has no esp/esm and won't overwrite anything.

Did I get everything????? That was a mouthful of questions to answer :)

[/quote']

Haha, thank you very much, I think you covered everything I needed to know. This will help a lot, thanks again for the help, now I won't be too worried about installing in a completely wrong way.

Peace and thank you so much,

Pyre

No problem. Be sure to test things as you go so that you are sure you installed them correctly. Best way to do so would be to create a new save (NO auto or quicksaves) just after leaving the sewers and then exit oblivion. Install a mod or two and then load that save and test things.

Lastly don't forget to archive invalidate via bsa redirection!

Link on how to do so: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/Oblivion_Mods_FAQ#Archive_Invalidation

No problem. Be sure to test things as you go so that you are sure you installed them correctly. Best way to do so would be to create a new save (NO auto or quicksaves) just after leaving the sewers and then exit oblivion. Install a mod or two and then load that save and test things.

Lastly don't forget to archive invalidate via bsa redirection!

Link on how to do so: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/Oblivion_Mods_FAQ#Archive_Invalidation

Thanks for all the help. hopefully now I'll have a less conflicting install ;p

Another question for anyone (sorry if I should have made a new thread for this)

Is there a guide for the lovers mods so I know the best settings to use so I'm not raped all the time, or to limit stalkers. Basically what I want to do is limit it so that rape is rare, maybe like once a day, or every few days unless I'm running around nude/stripping/wearing the ring of pheromones? With my current game I have a hard time going into towns, or waiting/resting :/ I know it has something to do with Libido/Ludeness, and some other settings, but I can't seem to get the settings configured all that well (errors on my part).

THanks,

Pyre

There is no way to limit rape to once a day as lovers is not set up that way. You will just have to play with the joburg or lande settings to find the sweet spot that works best for you.

Depending on which one you use (joburg or lande) there are different approaches. If you are using both together, then in addition to having conflicts you are getting a double whammy.

It would be best for you to go to the downloads section and read through the threads for joburg or lande to see what others have done to get a feel for how best to approach things.

Just wanted to update and say that I got the basics installed' date=' just up until the lovers mods and it's running great, no errors...yet ;p. THanks again for all the help, saved me a ton of headaches.

PEace,

Pyre

[/quote']

At this stage it would be wise to make a backup of your data folder which you can compress to save space via your favorite archival program (7zip, rar, zip or whatever). This backup can save you quite a bit of time if something goes south as you install other mods.

Have fun :)

Just wanted to update and say that I got the basics installed' date=' just up until the lovers mods and it's running great, no errors...yet ;p. THanks again for all the help, saved me a ton of headaches.

PEace,

Pyre

[/quote']

At this stage it would be wise to make a backup of your data folder which you can compress to save space via your favorite archival program (7zip, rar, zip or whatever). This backup can save you quite a bit of time if something goes south as you install other mods.

Have fun :)

Haha you read my mind. I'm backing up the whole setup into an archive so I can make a quick install...just in case!

for backup use 7zip and select lzma2 (and yes i know it's a resource hog for packing up) reason is that due to the high compression you can save a hell of alot of extra space when packing up big things (ie like the omod i made)

Archived