Hoping to hop from UNPB to United UNP, questions

Rabblerouser

United UNP seems to be picking up traction, and I'm curious to try it out plus Bodyslide.

• If anyone is used to this download link: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37900/What textures are used for it? If possible, I'd prefer to keep those textures.
    • Would it be possible to just extract just the textures from that and have it work?
  • What sort of preparations should I need to make? I'm talking immediate possibly-crash-inducing if not prepared properly sort of stuff.
    • I assume I keep the XPMSE skeleton near the bottom for the HDT?
    • Does changing the body affect the HDT behavior drastically?
    • Any special checkmarks to check in the XPMSE install?
  • Where do I even download UUNP? Is it on the Nexus? I remember seeing it on LL, but it constantly said "project", so I assumed (and still assume) it's still under development... if I'm going through this trouble, I don't want to test an alpha body.
  • Will older, non UUNP armors work? Or must it be bodyslided?

I'd ask how Bodyslide works but I won't get to that until I actually get to it.

You can use any UNP based textures for UUNP. 

Even though it seems complicated it works like any body and doesn't need anything special. It won't crash unless you don't have the right skeleton. (If you use MO you have to open it through MO for it to work at all.)

Keep the skeleton in the same place you had it before.

Changing the body does not affect the HDT behaviors at all. 

Nothing has to change in the XPMSE install.

Download here http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/?and during the install process click the boxes related to UUNP instead of CBBE.

Any UNP based armors(UNP, UNPB, 7B, etc) will work just fine with no seams, they'll just change the shape of your body when you have the armor equipped. 

HDT is an artifical gravity system that affects the skeleton.

UNPB = UNP + BBP is a UNP "rework" (and more, yeah) with animations. Things only jiggle when there is a suitable animation for that particular scene.

As for the UNPB textures: yes, you can use them with any UNP related mesh-package you find. Or create by Bodyslide. The UNPB textures are not hard-wired into that downloadable file. But remember that you shouldn't use both: BBP & HDT. It might result in something like building a welding roboter atop a skate-board.... yeah... very strange effects.

Check out the HDT guides around here. Every necessary step is explained there. It helped me understanding the whole topic much better. That is, if what I previously said is correct. If it's not.. well... now you know where to look :)

Archived