[WIP] Female Bovine Race - Bovuman, maybe?

Jessica69

This is quite interesting.  Since I have the time currently, I decided to toy around for about an hour just to create a race really quick.  I'm not sure Jcinto23 is still working on something though.  I just went ahead and made something quick because I'm interested.  Let me know if you want any of my work so far, or if Jcinto23 is taking this over.

I used the textures and meshes that Rand0m84 provided.

I haven't added the horns yet.  The way I see it in the CK, it might have to be used for the race's brows? (like other beast type races?)  I will check that out later.

For the body, I used my own body meshes from my Adiposian Race so it's nice and jiggly.

As for the tail, I still need to figure out how to get the texture on that.  I did the texture set for the tail in the CK but it isn't working and linked it to the armor add-on.  Plus HDT isn't working so I thin I either need to check the NIF or add to my current HDT configuration files.

The hoof goes through the floor too so I think the mesh needs to be tweaked.

post-221549-0-20609300-1451088373_thumb.jpg

post-221549-0-89984100-1451088374_thumb.jpg

post-221549-0-12382700-1451088376_thumb.jpg

This is quite interesting.  Since I have the time currently, I decided to toy around for about an hour just to create a race really quick.  I'm not sure Jcinto23 is still working on something though.  I just went ahead and made something quick because I'm interested.  Let me know if you want any of my work so far, or if Jcinto23 is taking this over.

I used the textures and meshes that Rand0m84 provided.

I haven't added the horns yet.  The way I see it in the CK, it might have to be used for the race's brows? (like other beast type races?)  I will check that out later.

For the body, I used my own body meshes from my Adiposian Race so it's nice and jiggly.

As for the tail, I still need to figure out how to get the texture on that.  I did the texture set for the tail in the CK but it isn't working and linked it to the armor add-on.  Plus HDT isn't working so I thin I either need to check the NIF or add to my current HDT configuration files.

The hoof goes through the floor too so I think the mesh needs to be tweaked.

glad to see someone take a hand at this that shows some promise of being finished

looking at your images posted I can see what you mean about the hoof going though the ground but it only looks like its when your character is over steps which appear to be raised slightly above the base ground level, so if its only when you go up and down steps then I think that's not much of an issue

also not to be picky but could you can try making a version with more skin exposed instead of so much fur, not that I don't like the fur but I think having options would be a nice idea

glad to see someone take a hand at this that shows some promise of being finished

looking at your images posted I can see what you mean about the hoof going though the ground but it only looks like its when your character is over steps which appear to be raised slightly above the base ground level, so if its only when you go up and down steps then I think that's not much of an issue

also not to be picky but could you can try making a version with more skin exposed instead of so much fur, not that I don't like the fur but I think having options would be a nice idea

When examining the femalefeet NIFs in nifskope, it looks like they are lower than the base line, z-axis?  I'm no pro so I'm not sure what to call it  :) I'm wondering if adjusting the Z axis translation on the NiTriShape would help, but I'm not sure.

As for less hair, it could be a variant added to the mod to select different, less hairy textures I bet.  Someone would just have to provide the textures as I am a true beginner when it comes to creating textures.

I got the texture to go onto the tail.  I think I also have to configure my HDT to match up with the ninodes for the tail, but I'm just guessing here.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to raise the feet/hoof just a little bit so it's not into the floor though. :-/

I got the horns on now.  Tail is working with HDT nicely.  I have a feeling that the high heel script may have to be placed on the armor parts somehow.  In the past, I could never really figure out how to do the high heel scripting.  Anyways, here are some shots of what I have so far.

post-221549-0-80806700-1451109169_thumb.jpg

post-221549-0-66063700-1451109171_thumb.jpg

post-221549-0-74601000-1451109172_thumb.jpg

I got the horns on now.  Tail is working with HDT nicely.  I have a feeling that the high heel script may have to be placed on the armor parts somehow.  In the past, I could never really figure out how to do the high heel scripting.  Anyways, here are some shots of what I have so far.

Still looking great, I now can now see better in regards to the hoofs and clipping, sadly I have no modding experience to offer but I will give you props for all your hard work, a variant would be great if possible

and could you post a better shot of the tail then this one, it seems that the tail is in the shadow of the body and thus you can't get a good look at the textures used to see how it compares to the body

Still looking great, I now can now see better in regards to the hoofs and clipping, sadly I have no modding experience to offer but I will give you props for all your hard work, a variant would be great if possible

and could you post a better shot of the tail then this one, it seems that the tail is in the shadow of the body and thus you can't get a good look at the textures used to see how it compares to the body

The tail uses the hearthfire cow texture (same as the horns) and is matte black, emerging from a black patch on the lower back. It's from the HDt wearable tails mod by deadzone45 which also includes a "cute" cow tail which is a nicer model with a black&white pattern texture, but is very spazzy/twichy.

I was toying around with it again.  I wasn't sure if making the horse hoof sound when walking was better or the cow walking.  I think the horse trot is louder than the cow.  I will keep testing that.  I am also testing the milk dripping textures and meshes to just constantly drip milk while running around.  I think I see it working, but I need to adjust the dripping nif to fit the body correctly.  I've also used the race name of Bovumer, like Zhao just for now.  These are just random things I'm doing to keep it fun as I mess around with it.

Here's a short video of what I have so far.  I do apologize for the crazy camera swoops around.  I wanted to get as much in the video in a short amount of time.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3IzLjcgmzOnczJPZnNLcE9CYlU/view?usp=sharing

I was toying around with it again.  I wasn't sure if making the horse hoof sound when walking was better or the cow walking.  I think the horse trot is louder than the cow.  I will keep testing that.  I am also testing the milk dripping textures and meshes to just constantly drip milk while running around.  I think I see it working, but I need to adjust the dripping nif to fit the body correctly.  I've also used the race name of Bovumer, like Zhao just for now.  These are just random things I'm doing to keep it fun as I mess around with it.

Here's a short video of what I have so far.  I do apologize for the crazy camera swoops around.  I wanted to get as much in the video in a short amount of time.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3IzLjcgmzOnczJPZnNLcE9CYlU/view?usp=sharing

looks good, I've never noticed the sound of cow hoofs, so I'd go with the horse one if its a noticeably more louder volume

Just a suggestion: might be a good idea to work a little on textures to make the transition between fur and body a little smoother, and the latter looking a little less made of solid colors white/black for a little more realistic feel.

Also, we're lacking cow ears! I don't know if there's an kind of mod with them around.

Toying around with the milk some more.  It's not perfect, but I got it to appear like the milk is constantly dripping from the boobs.  Milk droplets all over when she runs around.  The milk textures I'm using are the ones from the Hentai Pregnancy mod.  It uses the Breast01 nodes so the dripping effect doesn't stay right on the nipple when I'm using HDT.  Visually it leaks from inside the boob, but comes out of the bottom and drips down to the ground.  So I pulled a texture from the MME mod and merged that into the femalebody texture file to try and give it the look that it dribbles from the nipple and then drips from the bottom of the boob.

post-221549-0-39645000-1451180452_thumb.jpg

Just a suggestion: might be a good idea to work a little on textures to make the transition between fur and body a little smoother, and the latter looking a little less made of solid colors white/black for a little more realistic feel.

Also, we're lacking cow ears! I don't know if there's an kind of mod with them around.

The ears could probably be made in race menu.  Although, I've never tried.  I'm going to check what's currently out there.

That actually didn't take long.  There was a mod on the Nexus - Animal Ears so I pulled that and put it in.  These smaller horns are probably better for the females.  The long horns could be used for the males.

post-221549-0-80746900-1451183410_thumb.jpg

That actually didn't take long.  There was a mod on the Nexus - Animal Ears so I pulled that and put it in.  These smaller horns are probably better for the females.  The long horns could be used for the males.

agreed, I was thinking of suggesting that mod for the ears and horns but someone beat me to it

Only problem with those ears though is they sadly only come in one color. So depending on what you make your character into, they don't really fit that much. :<

That's true that the ears do not change color, but I think it's not extremely far off when I go through the tints of the skin.

Hello! This mod looks great, but the end result will kind of suck imo since the race will not be an anthro cow, but just a human with horns, tail, and a cow pattern, which is why, I, a mediocre modeller would like to try my hand at modeling a cow head for this race. So, I am asking for permission to use your current progress, along w/ rand0m84's mashup to make my own race mod, if you will allow it. I would like you to send me the materials and all the names I would need to credit for the mod.

@everyone else, if op does allow it, please do not ask about progress, or eta, I am a chronic procrastinator and am forgetful, so even if i do work at a breakneck (reasonable :P ) pace, I will most likely forget to update. I would rather deliver it as a pleasant surprise rather than be bullied into releasing a shitty, half-baked mod. :D

Edit:@Op, I can also try to work on a lore for both races, if you want.

Another Edit: If people start spamming me, I will cut a bitch

*Spelling errors

Gotta agree with this. So many mods end up being disappointing because of it ending up being human with a couple things slapped on that could be accomplished with armor mods.

Also, I gotta air my opinion that it would be totally radical if we got the option of an udder.

Hello! This mod looks great, but the end result will kind of suck imo since the race will not be an anthro cow, but just a human with horns, tail, and a cow pattern, which is why, I, a mediocre modeller would like to try my hand at modeling a cow head for this race. So, I am asking for permission to use your current progress, along w/ rand0m84's mashup to make my own race mod, if you will allow it. I would like you to send me the materials and all the names I would need to credit for the mod.

@everyone else, if op does allow it, please do not ask about progress, or eta, I am a chronic procrastinator and am forgetful, so even if i do work at a breakneck (reasonable :P ) pace, I will most likely forget to update. I would rather deliver it as a pleasant surprise rather than be bullied into releasing a shitty, half-baked mod. :D

Edit:@Op, I can also try to work on a lore for both races, if you want.

Another Edit: If people start spamming me, I will cut a bitch

*Spelling errors

Gotta agree with this. So many mods end up being disappointing because of it ending up being human with a couple things slapped on that could be accomplished with armor mods.

Also, I gotta air my opinion that it would be totally radical if we got the option of an udder.

I agree as well...but with the anthro races that were said to come out, I'm not too hopeful...I've seen about 3 or so other anthro races on this site, and they seem to have mostly fall flat. The only one I that's still going is the Lykaios race...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry everyone. Just wanted to update that my laptop that I was working on this mod got stolen from my apartment while I was at work. I haven't been able to get online due to a lack of internet and a PC and am currently awaiting saving enough money to buy another Alienware that can handle Skyrim again.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience but the laptop I'm using now can't even run minecraft. So until I get a new Alienware laptop, (obviously) this mod is going to go onto hold. Sorry it took this long to post, however, like I said, my laptop was stolen and this isn't exactly a site they let you get on at the library ;D.

I'm looking at about 3-5 months for a new laptop and once I get some free time I'll definitely be starting back up on this project (from scratch >__>)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I've recently just purchased a new PC after having my previous one stolen. I'm a little rusty on modding but I'm going to start this up again as soon as I'm able. I might be looking for some help eventually if anyone wants and has skill in modding please let me know.

I've recently just purchased a new PC after having my previous one stolen. I'm a little rusty on modding but I'm going to start this up again as soon as I'm able. I might be looking for some help eventually if anyone wants and has skill in modding please let me know.

I can probably make and upload some mesh assets like horns, the tail, hooves, ears, and maybe even a bell at the link in the free assets section at some point. Or you can use the lion tail I already made or whatever tail Farranya used.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/79732-race-mod-projects-and-ideas/

I can probably make and upload some mesh assets like horns, the tail, hooves, ears, and maybe even a bell at the link in the free assets section at some point. Or you can use the lion tail I already made or whatever tail Farranya used.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/79732-race-mod-projects-and-ideas/

Alright. I'm going to be reading up on CK over the weekend to try to catch up. I had done so little previously that I'm just going to start learning over. Hopefully I'll have something to show by monday, obviously no promises.

I did have a different idea for this race though, one that would encorporate armors/weapons/everything a lot easier, but would be harder to make as it would require code. I'm not looking to share this idea just yet though.

Archived