Sacremas

Anyone here playing Marvel Heroes, or are interested in a Diablo style MMO with superheroes?

What it is; a MMO made by many of the makers of Diablo 2 (not 3) including David Brevik, it's free to play so just download and play, all heroes are unlocked to level 10 (all except Doctor Doom, the newest one), when making a new account you get a free choice of unlock to allow one of them to reach 60 (anyone of the Avengers from Age of Ultron, or several others), after that you use Eternity Splinters which drop during game (1 per 8 minutes on average, with a possible bonus of 1-99 depending on RNG), where 200 gets you a simple hero, 600 gets you a hero that was complicated for them to make like Doctor Strange or Deadpool, 400 gets you most anyone else (Thor, Hulk, Cap, etc), on your second day of logging in you get a bonus of 400 ES to unlock another hero if you want to swap. This month they're having a 2 year anniversary of the game, with increased xp and droprates and events, and if you log on this week (even as a new player/account) you get a free hero unlock. Money are spent if you don't want to wait on eternity splinters to buy a hero, or if you want to buy a storage tab in your STASH, or if you want a cool costume, costumes exist for example to make Thor, Spider-Man or Deadpool female with a new voice set, or just a costume that the hero wore during a comic run or movie. You can also get pets for the hero, as well as sidekicks, both of these level up as well, the pet by feeding it extra gear you get, the sidekick by just getting XP, example sidekicks include Falcon, Angel, Firestar, Magik, Quicksilver, Clea, Beta-Ray Bill (who's also available as a alternate costume for Thor), and several others, over a dozen currently.

I have about 800 hours logged on the game and it's a lot of fun, voted most improved MMO of 2014, they've overhauled every hero (almost; Cable and Deadpool are the last to be overhauled), released a ton of new heroes (Doctor Doom being the latest), UI changes, new features, raids (Muspelheim vs Surtur and Genosha vs Red Onslaught from Axis), one-shot stories, new item types (cosmics, uniques and legendaries and several more).

Anyway, I'm interested if anyone else from LL are playing MH or have played it in the past, or if you're interested in playing it now? I can run a level 1 character with you if you want someone to play with, got tons of stuff I can give away to help out also.

Sounds like it's fairly improved from when I last looked at it in late 2013.  There was alot I hated about it back then, esp havin to pay to unlock heroes that didn't suck.  Sounds like much of that has been addressed though.

They still haven't fixed my two biggest objections though.  1) It's a MOAB, not a MMORPG.   2)  Marvel STILL won't let you create your own character.  City of Heroes and it's freaking HUGE character customization options spoiled me on that.  A pox on NCSoft for shutting it down also.

City of Titans is the ONLY game that could lure me back to MMOs, esp a superhero one.

Yes going to a pizza parlor and expecting mexican food will usually get you disappointed. This isn't a WoW style MMO, this an online Diablo clone with superheroes, exactly as you'd expect from that statement. That's what it's always been meant to be and always will be.

Make sure you log in within a few days for a free hero! Can choose anyone except Doctor Doom, it's part of the anniversary, it only counts for this week!

There's been a TON of changes lately, like Team-Ups now being almost as powerful as the heroes so choosign the right one for you is important, pets can now eat up the junk loot (green-blue-purple) on the ground after a loot explosion with a simple button press rather than either leaving it or picking it up one by one, there's achievements (like defeat doctor doom with a hero within 180 seconds of entering his throneroom, beat Shocker in green terminal witin 20 seconds of starting the terminal, etc) that give you loot (artifacts, loot boxes, money) upon completion, there's some new item slots if you haven't logged in in a while, a new playable area or four with a new one coming fairly soon (there's a "still streaming" portal in Midtown), and so on.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/521637162512420189/7442D480D4F74EC8E5D70616563DBD03F88DD363/

Susie got your number
And Susie ain't your friend
Look who took you under
With seven inches in
Blood is on the dance floor
Blood is on the knife
Susie's got your number
And Susie says its right

She got your number
How does it feel
To know this stranger
Is out to kill