Texture porblems

Zecke87

Hi,

i start FONV modding. Before that i placed mods, work with meshes and some little mod mods on Skyrim, Oblivion and FO3. That worked well.

But now there are problems with the mods at FONV. I tried a few body mods/replacer and when there are no glitches i got the vanilia texture on the mod mesh. That should be the first problem to solve. Other mods wouldn´t be that dramatic, if they don´t run.

That´s my system:

AMD FX 6350

AMD HD 7950

8GB DDR3 RAM

System runs on SSD, game on SATA3 HDD

Activated Mods on FONV:

4GB Mod

If you need any other informations just ask.

Thanks for reading and helping anyway.

Edit: God dammit: I got the Ultimate version from FONV

Agree with AJ, sounds like archive invalidation not working correctly or not implemented correctly

For the races, whether they are vanilla or custom race the textures are defined in the ESP or ESM that the race comes from and will override anything defined in the mesh itself. The mod you linked has been downloaded and used literally thousands of times so its not the mod. Check you texture path here if using a Vanilla replacer "\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\TEXTURES\characters\female", do you have an “upperbodyfemale.dds” file here? If not then it’s not installed correctly.

I have no idea what you mean "remove them permanently", the only way to remove vanilla textures "permanently" is to add a texture on your hard drive in the same path as a vanilla  texture, with same name, which overrides the one coming from the BSA included in the game or the mod. Your only other choice to remove them "permanently" is to uninstall the game.

There is no way to have the vanilla texture “also loading” it’s one or the other or if texture is missing then you get a flashing texture that’s always changing colors.

Post your load order in spoiler tag and screen shot of issue if you want more help.

Archived