Witcher 3 Ending discussion

ObrinMRtel

So i played and finished Witcher 3 and had a great time in doing so, having previously played the witcher 1 and 2 it felt as a great way to end a story of Geralt of Rivia. 

The ending i got had Ciri become a Witcher and Temeria reinstalled as a state under Nilfgaard.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that after finishing the game, it brings you back before the last chapter\quest (Something Ends, Something Begins) and i really dislike that, i was expecting the world to be impacted by your actions as they said before release. 

I hope one of the expansions deals with this problem because it feels stupid roaming around after the end.... what do you guys think.

----

I also hate what they did with the Graphics, no mod can go as far as the 2013 graphics, dont get me wrong i like how the game looks i just liked it allot more in the 2013 trailer than now... 

yeah, a really big "WTF?!" I just started a new game, (deleted saves) and am only doing the main quest if I need an item from Kera Metz etc... So, I'll likely not finish the main quest again this year, unless modders/developers fix the hollow feeling you get once completing the campaign. Almost at level 30 and haven't played as Ciri yet, nor met the baron, or found triss, or the wicked systers. (zeroed out exp for quests, upped exp for kills -- mo-betta ta way -- exp gains regardless of level differential)

In my first play I had the same ending and I had the same bad feeling after the end game. They should have not allow you to roam after the end, there is nothing that gives you any incentive to continue to play in a shallow world.

They already sad, that they will not do any post ending content, it's too much work, too many different things to consider for each ending. But they are considering to throw you back in time, like loading the last save before the final part of the story.

There is a mod that modifies the lighting to the one in cut scenes. It's much better then default one.

I finished the game twice. once Ciri went back to her father and ruled over Nilfgaard, I also thinks she was unsuccesful in defeating the white frost, the other one quite same as OP but I did not kill Radovid and the witch hunt goes on.

I agree that going back to the world untounched by the event is a let down but let's face it chasing question marks is not the most interesting way to spend time.

I do have high hopes for extensions at this point tho....

Having been able to visit the survivors of the various outcomes, whether through portal or journey, would have helped soften the landing after such an epic adventure. First REDkit mods will likely be building post campaign architecture and quests for Triss's home, Yen's retreat, map some pathing for Kiera Metz and friend, placing the lead actors back into the post sandbox gameworld, giving them loads of fun quests. Seems like a no-brainer, assuming REDkit is capable.  

I agree that if you can play after finishing the game you do want to see the impacts of it on the world. However i understand that it would be massive amount of work, you do after all impact who wins the war. (Quests that are war related, NPCs that talk about war, soldiers and stuff)

For me i will be happy if Triss romance get fixed (one half assed love scene for whole game , really?)

Agree with all of you, but as Morra said they should have made it like Witcher 2 of Fallout, the end is the end, i feel no need to do anything after the main story is done, it feels pointless, and it is... I'm pretty sure they could have achieved ''post main quest'' content if they had more time and money tho... in the end it seems just a few things you do really matter to the state of the world after main quest:

-Did Ciri stop the White Frost

-If Radovid was killed or not

-Who became the King/Queen of Skellige

-Nilfguaard stuff

-Romance choice 

I know it will never happen but just imagine how different it would be if you could see your choices actually mean something, I also hope for mods :)

having finished campaign once, then YouTubed the other two endings. There are only assumptions of a bad ending for Ciri's darker path, the epilogue even wonders at her whereabouts.

so, Skellige still in play; all romances still viable; and a probable comeback for Ciri in expansions. "Pulling a punch" in story is the easiest trick in the book, example: Raise Radovid from the dead, using as a pawn for the "Lodge of Sorcerers" -- poetic justice. If he still lives, imply that he was assassinated then raised (or turned vampire) -- story ties back together, regardless of choice. hmm, a mod is a brewing.

If you think something ended, because someone died? Think again. Fiction has no endings.

Just finished the game. Not sure I can formulate my thoughts into a coherent sentence, as I'm somewhat dazed and thrown off a little. It all got very chaotic towards the end, with the kill eredin/go after Avallach/see what ciri does with the White Frost/return to winter White Orchard/see her leave stuff. It wasn't necessarily bad, but it's a lot to take in. Felt a little empty at the end - I guess everybody got a "happy" ending (except for the north - though I kind of saw that coming after I killed Radovid) but it just felt... sad, unsatisfying. Not sure why.

I'll have to sleep on it and think it over.

As for playing after the ending, I don't know why this is a thing these days. It's silly. Just load your last save before the final quest(s) and do what remains to be done from there. Continuations from endings have a name, they are called sequels. There are reasons why they are separate games. 

Just finished the game. Not sure I can formulate my thoughts into a coherent sentence, as I'm somewhat dazed and thrown off a little. It all got very chaotic towards the end, with the kill eredin/go after Avallach/see what ciri does with the White Frost/return to winter White Orchard/see her leave stuff. It wasn't necessarily bad, but it's a lot to take in. Felt a little empty at the end - I guess everybody got a "happy" ending (except for the north - though I kind of saw that coming after I killed Radovid) but it just felt... sad, unsatisfying. Not sure why.

I'll have to sleep on it and think it over.

As for playing after the ending, I don't know why this is a thing these days. It's silly. Just load your last save before the final quest(s) and do what remains to be done from there. Continuations from endings have a name, they are called sequels. There are reasons why they are separate games. 

I agree, i never had that feeling to go back to a game after the main story ends,

Just finished the game. Tried getting Yen and Triss, got none :D But got a nice cutscene :P

Archived