Wrye Bash error on Installer Tab

Whenever I go to click on the installer tab in Wrye Bash I get this error message in a pop up:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\basher.pyo", line 5165, in OnShowPage
  File "bash\basher.pyo", line 3824, in OnShow
  File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 8080, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 2717, in setBsaRedirection
  File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 2271, in saveSetting
  File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 2676, in saveSettings
  File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 2352, in saveSettings
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1500, in untemp
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: u'C:\\Users\\Loman\\Documents\\My Games\\Oblivion\\Oblivion.ini'

Anyone know how to fix it? I'm using Mod Organizer, and having to install a mod with a wizard through Wrye Bash because (*sigh*) complex BAIN installers aren't supported yet.

Where did you install Oblivion, on your C:\ drive? That looks eerily like a UAC issue.

Some programs/applications must have admin level access to be able to read/write to files on disk. When not installed using Windows 'Run as Administrator' you can get errors like this. 

I don't use MO either so no help there.

Have you tried using any of the stand-alone versions of WB, vs. the directly installed ones?  

It does have something to with admin privileges: Why am i getting WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied?

Is the logon you are using a member of the Administrator group? You can try creating a new user account as admin and see if that will work.

What version of WB is this? Looks like you are running an installed version which is the Python version and not the standalone version, evidenced by those lines ending in .pyo. If you stay with that version I'd read up on the following: Installation

Check your Python install and any Python dependencies.

The better option IMO is to uninstall that version and use the stand-alone version.

Wrye Bash by Wrye Bash Team

There are two versions available: the Python version and the Standalone version. They are functionally equivalent. Most people should run the Standalone version since it is slightly simpler (no external Python components to install). You don't need to install the Python version, however, you can if you want to be more involved with development or if you already have Python installed on your system for other reasons.

If you are using the Python version, dependency installation will be handled automatically by the installer. However, if you want or need to do things manually, see the General Readme for information, and the Advanced Readme for detailed instructions.

Note that the 32-bit versions are required even if you are on a 64-bit operating system

Then:
For manual installations of either the Standalone or Python versions, extract the archive in your Oblivion game folder so that the Mopy directory appears in the Oblivion directory
For Python versions, run by double-clicking on Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw
For WBSA (Wrye Bash StandAlone), run by double-clicking on Wrye Bash.exe

Remember! In Windows Vista and up, don't install Oblivion in the Program Files folder due to User Account Control! See File Permissions.
See Also File Permissions

It does have something to with admin privileges: Why am i getting WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied?

Is the logon you are using a member of the Administrator group? You can try creating a new user account as admin and see if that will work.

What version of WB is this? Looks like you are running an installed version which is the Python version and not the standalone version, evidenced by those lines ending in .pyo. If you stay with that version I'd read up on the following: Installation

Check your Python install and any Python dependencies.

The better option IMO is to uninstall that version and use the stand-alone version.

Wrye Bash by Wrye Bash Team

There are two versions available: the Python version and the Standalone version. They are functionally equivalent. Most people should run the Standalone version since it is slightly simpler (no external Python components to install). You don't need to install the Python version, however, you can if you want to be more involved with development or if you already have Python installed on your system for other reasons.

If you are using the Python version, dependency installation will be handled automatically by the installer. However, if you want or need to do things manually, see the General Readme for information, and the Advanced Readme for detailed instructions.

Note that the 32-bit versions are required even if you are on a 64-bit operating system

Then:

For manual installations of either the Standalone or Python versions, extract the archive in your Oblivion game folder so that the Mopy directory appears in the Oblivion directory

For Python versions, run by double-clicking on Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw

For WBSA (Wrye Bash StandAlone), run by double-clicking on Wrye Bash.exe

Remember! In Windows Vista and up, don't install Oblivion in the Program Files folder due to User Account Control! See File Permissions.

See Also File Permissions

I use the standalone version, have granted myself all rights via running Hiren's and unlocking the hidden admin account. I've also taken ownership via .bat file found on sevenforums. 

-.- It works fine outside of MO, so I'm thinking that they changed something with 1.3.5 from 1.3.4, because in 1.3.4 I was able to access the installers tab to run Wizards. 

I REALLY wish they'd add complex BAIN support to MO >.<

Archived