Can we request commissions?

Hi all, I had a question about one of the site rules, in particular:

We are a free and open community; members requiring payment for mods, support, or putting anything behind a paywall will be removed without warning. Donation buttons/links to support an author is fine, so long as nothing is promised, given, or rewarded other than a sense of satisfaction for supporting an author or owner of content.

I understand you can't sell a mod, and the donations option is pretty cool in my opinion, but can we commission an author? Say I have a modeling project that I could use help with or be finished up on

Thanks for response. =)

Guest endgameaddiction

I don't think there should be a problem with offering someone compensation to help with a project if it's done private away from the community. No community wants their place looking like a market revenue for hiring talent to make or help out with projects without it sending the wrong message towards the community itself or game devs.

So if you have a project, let us know about it and what your objective is about it and have them send you a private message if interested, or to a website if you have one.

I could be wrong, but I think it should be okay since this isn't a common practice.

I don't think there should be a problem with offering someone compensation to help with a project if it's done private away from the community. No community wants their place looking like a market revenue for hiring talent to make or help out with projects without it sending the wrong message towards the community itself or game devs.

So if you have a project, let us know about it and what your objective is about it and have them send you a private message if interested, or to a website if you have one.

I could be wrong, but I think it should be okay since this isn't a common practice.

The problem is it's more like paying them for most of the work. I lost all my assets to a hard drive fail a couple of the months ago, and don't have much time left to tackle the project with the summer work in full swing. All I can provide is my reference pictures and ideas.

So I can post a request then? I have tried before at the Nexus forums but learned quickly that commissions were frowned on. =P

Guest endgameaddiction

I'm certain I have seen a few posts in the past asking for help with compensation in between. Don't recall any rule breaking from there, but like I said, as long as it's taken to private messaging, shouldn't be an issue.

I would just wait till a staff member can give you more info on the subject.

Best of luck.

We are a free and open community; members requiring payment for mods, support, or putting anything behind a paywall will be removed without warning. Donation buttons/links to support an author is fine, so long as nothing is promised, given, or rewarded other than a sense of satisfaction for supporting an author or owner of content.

I have been here for awhile and have seen various things however ... at no time have I see anyone ask for money for a job /mod. That is a violation. Asking for donations, monetary assistance etc has been done so long as it isn't set up as a "commission" or pay to mod. The moderators are pretty strong on that point.

However what you do outside of LL from what I have experienced here on this site in the years I have been here is your own business.

But very much like endgameaddiction stated. I would run it through the moderators with the individuals involved before making it public requests or conversations here. The moderators are very cool unlike some other sites but they still have to keep the rules enforced. It is far better to seek out info directly from them (not a general thread as we really don't have anything to do with this) than to have issues later.

Archived