Fully Animated Menu Screen?

Subject2Host

Sooo, I've been looking into any possible ways to get an animated image to work on skyrim's main menu. I have absolutely no modding experience, so I've been trying to find another file type that works while providing the means for an animation. Thus far, I've taken this gif, "https://e621.net/post/show/584907/3d-animal_genitalia-animated-bestiality-big_breast",and converted all its frames into dds files. All I could think to do after that was compress them into a batch file of some sort, although I even had trouble doing that, since I couldn't find any programs that offer that service. Everything so far "batch converts" the files. In other words, convert a bunch of files into something else all at once, rather than into one file.

And so, I'm hoping to get some advice or assistance from you guys. Anyone have any ideas how to make this happen? Honestly, I think it's long overdue. Four years skyrim has been out and no one has developed or found a way to animate the main menu. (Other than perhaps create an animated nif, but no one's taken the time to do that either, though in that case I can understand why. That would be very time consuming for something you'll only glance at.)

mainmenuwallpaper.zip

• 8 months later...

That's an animated nif. That's not what I'm going for. I'm talking about a fully animated image, like what a gif file offers.

Did you ever find a resolution for this? I'm working on something now that has some of the same requirements.

So far has I can imagine, the *.nif is the only way to have any animation. Theoretically, in those mods such as the spinning emblem, the *.nif facilitates the animation by taking images that have been converted to *.dds and scripting how long each one will play and in what order. So, also theoretically, one could take a *.gif, *.mp4, *.avi, etc. and use a program to convert them to a set of image files and convert those image files into *.dds and then use the *.nif file to script their animation. The question I have is what the max number of .*dds files you can have before it won't work. Let's say I combined two animated 1080p clips in Vegas. I render them @ 1080p and the length is 15 seconds. 15 seconds @ 24 FPS winds up 360 seperate *.dds files.

If you're intending to add/change sound/music then that will require a separate mod.

That's an animated nif. That's not what I'm going for. I'm talking about a fully animated image, like what a gif file offers.

Did you ever find a resolution for this? I'm working on something now that has some of the same requirements.

So far has I can imagine, the *.nif is the only way to have any animation. Theoretically, in those mods such as the spinning emblem, the *.nif facilitates the animation by taking images that have been converted to *.dds and scripting how long each one will play and in what order. So, also theoretically, one could take a *.gif, *.mp4, *.avi, etc. and use a program to convert them to a set of image files and convert those image files into *.dds and then use the *.nif file to script their animation. The question I have is what the max number of .*dds files you can have before it won't work. Let's say I combined two animated 1080p clips in Vegas. I render them @ 1080p and the length is 15 seconds. 15 seconds @ 24 FPS winds up 360 seperate *.dds files.

If you're intending to add/change sound/music then that will require a separate mod.

Well, that's all beyond me. Someone with more experience will have to do it.

Archived