Strange ctd on launch

E_Nigma

Guest endgameaddiction

You may have installed a mod that is missing a requirement. If not, the other possibility is that a mod is not set right in the load order.

normally when I have a load order issue fnvedit says something, the thing is it was working in one instance and then it suddenly stopped working, I uninsralled the mod I thought was messing up but it didn't have any esp's since it was a texture pack. I've tried LOOT  few times and no dice

Guest endgameaddiction

The last alternative is to backup your current saves. Untick all your mods except the main master and official DLCs. Start the game. If it launches fine, start ticking one by one each plugin until you find the possible mod that is causing the CTD. Worse case is uninstalling everything and reinstalling.

If you do find the mod casuing it, obviously remove it and put your backed up saves back and launch the game and confirm that it's missing a plugin and create a hard save and just continue to go from where you left off.

I've found that often, if a save fails to load, I can load a save that DOESN'T fail, then load the save that failed successfully. For some bizarre reason, the first load can fail more frequently than the load after the game is playing. It's that way on all Bethesda games for me, particularly Skyrim. I'm 100% on getting failed Skyrim saves to load by loading another save first.

Guest endgameaddiction

Never happen on Fallout, but I have had that happen on Skyrim countless times. I would of never guessed.

I don't know if how I phrased it was confusing, the menu didn't load it would immediately try to start a new game on launch and the hud would show up and crash. I never got the option to load a save or any of that, as I said the menu didn't even show up. I did a clean install and got it working but now all of my old saves are wrecked.I guess this can be locked or what have you

I've found that often, if a save fails to load, I can load a save that DOESN'T fail, then load the save that failed successfully. For some bizarre reason, the first load can fail more frequently than the load after the game is playing. It's that way on all Bethesda games for me, particularly Skyrim. I'm 100% on getting failed Skyrim saves to load by loading another save first.

yup I have had similar experiences with oblivion and have noticed that sometimes some cells are just not good to save in ... seems crazy.you can use the above trick to load a save that just doesn,t want to load otherwise. I have not had the problem in fonv. Good to see that betha has made inroad into the problem and its less common NOT in skyrim? apparently.

yup I have had similar experiences with oblivion and have noticed that sometimes some cells are just not good to save in ... seems crazy.you can use the above trick to load a save that just doesn,t want to load otherwise. I have not had the problem in fonv. Good to see that betha has made inroad into the problem and its less common NOT in skyrim? apparently.

Running FONV with YUP and NVAC and stutter remover seems really stable. I've seen messages from NVAC that indicates the game would have crashed without NVAC... just wish there was a version for FO3!

And I have far more problems with saves not loading from the start in Skyrim than in Oblivion, FO3, and FONV put together. I wind up using the "trick" to load my Skyrim save more often than just selecting continue. Probably due to the fact that I use more mods in Skyrim than the others. I push the mods to the edge of what my computer can handle, and then some!

Archived