[Req] Breaking Undies

They still need to make something to generate armor damage.

Add that to the locational damage mod, and then have different breaking points for different parts of the armors and you'd have something better than the original one for oblivion.

the armour damage value exists in the CK, but isn't used. I have no idea if we can set it however, or if the value is just discarded. If the value is saved properly we could use that to implement damage. We'd need multiple meshes for each clothing item, though.

The locational damage system on Nexus only targets head and body at the moment anyway. Mind, a simple random hit location system is easy enough to make.

It'd still be a waste not to use it. Not to mention, it would make your slavers guild rape plants all the more interesting. Not that they aren't already interesting, but I'd like to see them breaking my girl's armor off, rather than just pulling it off and putting it somewhere.

I was thinking about BU for Skyrim too. It was one of the essential Oblivion mods for me. I can't into scripting, tho. So it just "wet dreams".

I knew there were no armor health in Skyrim, so I thought what if armor swap script depends on something else, like player HP or when player gets critical hit (if it's possible to track such thing), or based just on chance of getting melee damage from enemy.

Perhaps there is a way to generalize this for existing armor, rather than create new meshes for each armor, but this is just a thought:

A texture overlay on top of regions that are hit (by arrows, swords, etc) on the armor. Or just specific predefined regions instead of regions that are hit. The texture could slowly morph from a "brown/black impact mark" into a transparent mark, in the shape of a crack or something, depending on how damaged the armor is.

I'd like to hear the modders' thoughts on this if this is possible or not!

BU is something I'm going to take a look at once I finish a final mod for Oblivion (adding a framework for using working firearms) and convert it to Skyrim.

I had in mind a standalone game mod that revolved around BU for Oblivion, which I now intend to develop for Skyrim seeing as content for Skyrim is becoming available at a pretty alarming rate. I had thought about a number of methods for enhancing the BU Framework for Oblivion before deciding to develop the aforementioned standalone game mod for Skyrim. One of those being instead of swapping the .nif of the character's armor out for another more broken version, we could instead trigger a *morph* animation (as opposed to a keyframe animation) on the one the character is already wearing, in which (in the hands of a decent animator) pieces of the armor could literally fly off and cloth visually tear. This would also circumvent the annoying pause in which the character appears nude while the armor .nif is being swapped out.

As for the more important issue of a lack of armor health in Skyrim, that's something I'm not sure on. It would be easy scripting to trigger a 'break' based on player health. You could also have a quest script that begins running when a player equips armor, and holds values in variables for armor health that would increment or decrement based on specified conditions. The problem with the latter method is that (if Skyrim is like Oblivion) the values of the variables wouldn't persist through loading saved games (among other things probably).

I'm interested to see if you guys come up with something!

EDIT: Poor wording on my part in the paragraph above. I'm sure that BU mechanics can be developed for Skyrim. What I'm not sure on is the *best* design for implementing it. It's a niche enough thing that we wouldn't want a bunch of different frameworks floating around for it and only getting a few armor models developed for each.

Yea that would be great. If you could swap a mesh's texture in game, then it would be a breeze.

I played around with textures and got different skimpiness levels without making any changes to the mesh itself.

Hopefully texture swapping would fix the annoying pause too.

Hey guys' date=' not sure if someone did the Dynasty retexture from oblivion already, but I did one myself for CBBE based of breakundies level 2 and 3.

If not skimpy enough for you, feel free to edit the alpha in the texture "DY_armor.dds" and save as dxt1

Download here.

Skimpy - http://www.mediafire.com/?v2mcc180a0yq64v

Super Skimpy - http://www.mediafire.com/?mi7o9i9ajys21aw

You have to use the mesh provided. Those on nexus lack an alpha property.

Yea that would be great. If you could swap a mesh's texture in game' date=' then it would be a breeze.

I played around with textures and got different skimpiness levels without making any changes to the mesh itself.

Hopefully texture swapping would fix the annoying pause too.

[/quote']

mmm... but is there a way to do it?

I didn't think so, but I've not looked in great detail. A quick search of the CK didn't flag anything up. I looked at using decals too, but no joy there. Again though, I'm not an expert.

We could ask the SKSE guys. If we could do run time texture replacement, it would be worth lifting some compositing code from something like the GIMP and writing a SKSE plugin so we could do texture overlays on the fly. Which would open up all sorts of options...

If it were like Oblivion, then you wouldn't have had to figure out animations all over again.

ALSO, while off topic, there's an aging and child rearing mod(W.I.P.) for Skyrim now. It looks awesome thus far. It was something that was talked about in the baby making thread.

the breakundies scripting is not needed for Skyrim just need the meshes

after double clicking on any armor in the CK it will have a "Edit Destruction Data"

all the info can be enabled for the same things that Breakundies did for Oblivion a little more from what I can see

Took a look at what you mentioned wolf man i just couldn't get it working. Probably requires someone else to actually do it, someone with more knowlege!

EDIT: started doing a little google work to see if we can get this going. Unfortunately, the "Destruction" data is part of the old GECK system for when Falout used armour values. Looking at:

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Destructible_Object_Data

and:

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Destructible_Object_Stage

it seems that we need an armour value to start off with in order to actually use this method of having BU in Skyrim.

This would give you a reason not to repair your armor.

What if we did it the other way round? Your armor gets less revealing the more damage it takes LOL! That way people WILL repair their armor. =P

this made me laugh. i mostly prefer Armour with alot of modesty, i think plate Armour with the ass hanging out makes very little sense 'unless u have broken off the assplate!' but i only ever liked BU when fighting enemies. made all those disintegrate Armour spells worthwhile so i could humiliate my enemies before killing/performing various hosts of amusing things on them. personally i found it a little annoying having my armor smashed up all the time. there's only so much the hammers can do and they weren't exactly light.

but always satisfying fighting bandits to tear parts of their Armour off. almost like illusions battle raper. but in an rpg! :D