Unofficial Patch issues

Ha. Silly me. I assumed that LOOT would be optimized for Oblivion the way it is for Skyrim. Shows that I'm a dummy :/ lol

I'm somewhat adept/learned when it comes to modding Skyrim... Oblivion is a new monster. I don't like OBMM at all. Is MO good for Oblivion? Or should I stick to learning the new beast of OBMM?

Yes it should be.... but many People have Problems with Oblivion LOOT load order.

And after you sort your Mods with BOSS sort your Lovers Mods manually  ( If you use Lovers/Tamago Mods) Example load order also in my Link.

Ha. Silly me. I assumed that LOOT would be optimized for Oblivion the way it is for Skyrim. Shows that I'm a dummy :/ lol

I'm somewhat adept/learned when it comes to modding Skyrim... Oblivion is a new monster. I don't like OBMM at all. Is MO good for Oblivion? Or should I stick to learning the new beast of OBMM?

If new to a game, it is best to use what everybody else is using in the forums at least until you really get used to the process.

And after you sort your Mods with BOSS sort your Lovers Mods manually  ( If you use Lovers/Tamago Mods) Example load order also in my Link.

Nobody gone through and crated a exception or whatever it is called for LOOt and Lover's mods yet? I would thought they would have already. I understand you can't really updated BOSS anymore since it has been retired but LOOT has basically the same process of exceptions. (never really tried using it though since it worked so well so far with Fallout, FNV and even Skyrim. )

I really got to get over to oblivion. It has been a long while and I never really gotten far in the game when I was there before. It would be kind of like having a new game even without many mods installed. ;)

Before I start introducing adult mods into my game, I want to make sure I have the most beautiful and stable "Vanilla" Oblivion as possible. So for now, I'm only installing Texture/Mesh/Environmental mods to help increase the atmosphere of the game. I'll definitely check out your links, though. Thank you for your input <3 *muah*

Yesiheal..

That is a great idea doing this. Then you can backup the work you have done and then go in to more complex builds. Too many here jump in and go crazy and end up loosing their way. I did that the second time I installed Oblivion.. It worked for the most part but so many bugs and problems that I couldn't sort them all out and got frustrated and nuked the install. Haven't been back since. I don't think it is as easy to mod as Skyrim or even FAllout.. ;). however that is just my opinion.

Well, I've been modding Skyrim for going on 3 years now, I even have a couple of mods posted on Nexus. After several years of having to completely start over with Skyrim sometimes, I want to make my Oblivion modding experience as smooth and fun as possible. :) 

OBMM and Wrye Bash work well together, IF you setup and allow OBMM to control your LO versus WB. I agree with fejeena on not using OBMM to install MODs or .omod files. That tends to lead to all kinds of headaches and screwed up Oblivion builds in your earlier phases. You can always revisit it later, once you understand what an .omod file does; overwrite existing files.

BOSS was reliant on people to recommend best LOs, based on their specifc knowledge of that MODs structure and content. LOOT doesn't depend on people input and instead reads the code to make a determination. Each approach has its strengths and flaws. Nuff said.

Archived