Will Bodyslide support HDT-SMP?

Bonnie Lass

You can do this quickly yourself, by adding  NiStringExtraData  (data\skse\plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\cbbe-tbbp.xml(or whatever you use)) to nude mesh of your choice found in:

CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData sub-folders.

HDT-SM is working on everything else by just installing and configuring your specific nude mesh xml; anything with weight paint giggle works out of the box without having to add the above NiString, though not sure why. 

You can do this quickly yourself, by adding  NiStringExtraData  (data\skse\plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\cbbe-tbbp.xml(or whatever you use)) to nude mesh of your choice found in:

HDT-SM is working on everything else by just installing and configuring your specific nude mesh xml; anything with weight paint giggle works out of the box without having to add the above NiString, though not sure why. 

That's great for the nude body and all, but adding this data on the Bodyslide generated armor is what I'm concerned about. The HDT-SME hair is just gonna clip straight through without it, and I'm certainly not wanting to add that data to every vanilla armor in the game.

That's great for the nude body and all, but adding this data on the Bodyslide generated armor is what I'm concerned about. The HDT-SME hair is just gonna clip straight through without it, and I'm certainly not wanting to add that data to every vanilla armor in the game.

Haven't messed around with hairs collision yet, but body weight paints are active on all armors without editing their nif. Armor created six months ago working with HDT-SM. There also seems to be collision between the various mesh paint by default -- left butt bounces off of right butt. Maybe I'm just seeing things.. Perhaps adding the collisions to you hair is the only thing needed, and bones to your preferred xml, as shown in recent tutorial. No good info yet on how all this interacts though.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/44803-hdt-smp-ks-pony-hair Perhaps the only requirement is nude mesh setup as parent that armors inherit attributes from.. give the hair mod a try, would be cool if it works without mass editing of armor nifs.

Edit. workings without any edits. As nif is automatically identified by HDT-SMP .

Someone commented that BS2 should and would support preset bones from the nif files, and won't remove their references.

So if someone made it so that the Iron Armor's flaps flapped, with the proper bones and XML ref files, if you imported to it into BS, then it wouldn't break the new bones or remove that reference, if it makes sense.

Personally, if things get traction for RaceMenu + BS2 Body Morphs in game, I think that would be a far better solution :P

Someone commented that BS2 should and would support preset bones from the nif files, and won't remove their references.

So if someone made it so that the Iron Armor's flaps flapped, with the proper bones and XML ref files, if you imported to it into BS, then it wouldn't break the new bones or remove that reference, if it makes sense.

Personally, if things get traction for RaceMenu + BS2 Body Morphs in game, I think that would be a far better solution :P

What does RaceMenu have to do with HDT-SMP though? o.O

Yeah, BS v2.3 doesn't remove the special HDT nodes (like skirts) anymore. You still can't view or edit them, but they'll stay there.

What does RaceMenu have to do with HDT-SMP though? o.O

Yeah, BS v2.3 doesn't remove the special HDT nodes (like skirts) anymore. You still can't view or edit them, but they'll stay there.

though, would be sweet to change HDT-SMP xml parameters in RM. However, unlike HDT-PE where you could change cells to test new edits, HDT-SMP requires a exit-restart to test xml edits -- mind numbing. 

Archived