FYI Windows 10 and mod managers

Carloss32

Hi all i just thought i would share this information for anyone out there,

ATM i am currently testing the upcoming windows 10, in general its a good system but as of this moment its still in the Beta\Testing stages, after a few days playing and checking systems in general on the new format i thought it time to try the 3rd party programmes i use alot during my modding and playing of various games.

It plays Skyrim brilliantly have no issues with that, in fact iv only found 1 game so far in my steam lib of over 100 games that wont play.

When it come to mod managers i have tried a few of them and here are what i found

MO - Works brilliant,

Wrye Bash - Works correctly

NMM - Will load when you have just the base game installed but once you add a mod to the list when you try to re-open NMM it will just crash with the ( Programme has stopped responding smeg ) i have tried everything and its the same everytime.

So in respect to those thinking of testing Win 10, If you only use NMM i would advise against it ATM or learn to use MO instead.

yea i do believe so but i have the most recent and updated version and i have tried troubleshooting it but no look, i have informed the NMM dev team ( well sent mail ) as to if its actually acted upon is another thing, it may be left foe awhile as they will argue its a windows 10 fault as its still in testing stages

As long cloud is integrated into windows 10 i won't upgrade, unless i can say no cloud and most applications still work which is very doubful? Seems more programs don't work in windows 10 like Firefox(waterfox) or not work properly, as long win10 act like this screw MS.

But i will do intensive research it anyway, before i even think of installing it or not.

DX12 wil be fully implemented in games not early then in 2 years time and we may hope.

As long cloud is integrated into windows 10 i won't upgrade, unless i can say no cloud and most applications still work which is very doubful? Seems more programs don't work in windows 10 like Firefox(waterfox) or not work properly, as long win10 act like this screw MS.

But i will do intensive research it anyway, before i even think of installing it or not.

DX12 wil be fully implemented in games not early then in 2 years time and we may hope.

as far as i remember i managed to turn the cloud off

Yea i would advise reading up on it, like i stated though im just testing the Beta version i have been part of there testing service for awhile so dont mind trying new things, i guess i get that from the love of modding lol

I use and have waterfox and have had no issues, iv only come across 2 issues one is the NMM and the other is 1 of my game that wont start up

post-282292-0-44182500-1426509067_thumb.png

This is not what i want so im sceptic about windows 10 and set up a local account.

A downside of this Windows feature is that, whenever you log on to your Windows computer, you also sign in to Microsoft’s cloud. This means that Redmond knows when you sign in, and from where. Not everyone feels comfortable with this.

I absolutely don't want that PERIOD.

yea updates are crazy ( been slow originally ) but its apparently going to get more frequent with updates, also you can select how you get updates,

there are 2 modes Slow & Fast

If set to fast updates you will get all the updates they release when there released.

If you set it to slow you wont get updates a frequently but when you do they will be bigger and more polished versions overall

both get all same updates but if you have set to fast you will not notice the changes and polish so much as they will be more subtle than a slow update which waits until there is a next test candidate released

Archived