Help with mod selection (esp. body and armor)

avalon4

Recently I did a reformat of my computer, and now I am itching to get back into Skyrim for some fun...  Thing is, I remember how much of a PITA it can be to get the mods to all work...

My biggest confusion is with the body mods out there...  It seems there's as many 'body types' as there are armor types.  BBB, CHBCSC, UNP, 7B, MAPFJ, etc. (okay I am exaggerating a bit).  If you don't have the right armor and the right body type, you get seams and clipping, and that screws up immersion.

I know how to install mods - I just want some help in understanding them and picking out the proper ones.  Here's what I am hoping to end up with:

- Pregnancy scaling

- Honest breast size (C cup, maybe D).  Physics optional, as long as it's not incredibly hard to set up.

- Nice selection of hairstyles (NOTE: Hopefully something not as dependent as Apachii)

- Full conversion of vanilla armors

And here are the mods I plan on installing:

SKSE

SkyUI, MCM

LL/SL Framework

FNIS

XPMS32 (or equivalent) Compatible Skeleton

RaceMenu

Live Another Life

...I know I am forgetting some of the important ones...

Also -- What exactly IS Bodyslide?  How do I use it properly?

The problem is too much at once! because balk at at to each the nape hair.
but you must have some notion, what body type you want to use. UNP, UNPB, 7B, CBBE, ADEC, CHSBHC, CHSBHCv3-T, LADY BODY, Demonica,

CBBE MANGA, ADEC MANGA, and so on.
if this is clear, ***then can it with "all" others continue go!

...Alright, now I am displeased.

Is it because I am a 'newcomer' ?  I mentioned that I generally don't post to forums -- mainly due to ignorance of my posts, as is being demonstrated.

I just want help with setting up some of my Skyrim mods so that they work properly...  For example, I went and downloaded CBBE and Bodyslide 2 to see if I could get it working on my own.  When creating a character, moving the sliders around does not change my character model in any way...  Even with HDT Physics Extension installed, there are no body movements - they just look like plastic mannequins.

I'd add more about what I am trying to do, but first I would like to know that I am not talking to myself.

...Alright, now I am displeased.

Tumblr_sarcastic_smile.gif

It's 2015 and by this point there are probably more than a hundred threads, at least a couple dozen, with literally the same lazy recycled request. So you're expected to do your own research.

But there's also the part where lots of old, and mostly good, users have moved on with life months ago. Pretty much what's left here is mostly made up of new users who don't even know how to use the spoiler function, and a couple of people who never improved in any aspect whatsoever in the corse of these years, like the guy above that uses Google Translator. 

Fun fact: He doesn't know SKSE.

:

It's 2015 and by this point there are probably more than a hundred threads, at least a couple dozen, with literally the same lazy recycled request. So you're expected to do your own research.

Fair enough.  This explains why I didn't get an answer very easily...  And I can understand how frustrating it is to answer the same question umpteen times.  But it's a lot easier to get mad when you're the one answering, and a lot more confusing when you're the one asking.  From my point of view:  I just came to the forums, frustrated as hell because I thought I could figure this out on my own, but I can't and now I need some guidance.  I try asking for this guidance and nobody supplies an answer.  What am I to think?

--           But there's also the part where lots of old, and mostly good, users have moved on with life months ago. Pretty much what's left here is mostly made up of new users who don't even know how to use the spoiler function, and a couple of people who never improved in any aspect whatsoever in the corse of these years, like the guy above that uses Google Translator. 

Fun fact: He doesn't know SKSE.

Fun fact:  I don't know HDT Physics.  It's sitting in my load order, active, and there are still no physics on any characters.

The last time I tried this, I couldn't get CBBE or UNP to work as I wanted it to -- and then when I just HAPPENED to get a (different) body installed that had weighted limbs/portions, I had no idea which one it was!  I've had mods made WORSE when I try to fix them on my own, and were broken on account of one stupid mistake somewhere (for example, forgetting to run the FNIS tool)

I know I am smarter than this.  I *know* I can figure this crap out and yet I still can't do it without BLIND LUCK.  It's embarassing, really.

Not frustrated, just bored from repetitiveness. Just go read some of these tutorial threads since I have no will to help you.

Bye.

Problem is its similar to finding a good health guide on the internet, they all contradict each other when you try one thing then nothing works lol.

*sigh*

Well, I could just go take another swing at it and hope I get lucky again.  But I have a better idea...

If someone has a working set of mods for this, could you please post your mod list...  From there, it will be up to me to figure out how to make it work on my machine.

(This will help me enough, having the assurance that *it works*, even if something on my machine causes it to not work -- that will be my challenge, to understand why it does/does not work.  Then I have an example to start from.)

Archived