Boss making wrong load orders?

ZepD

Re installed and downloaded a bunch of mods today, but after trying to sort my load order using boss/loot it just messed up to all hell.

it's giving tons of "Warning: has same load order as another mod", and I'm pretty sure the load order is totally wrong as well as DLC should be at the top of the load order?

I have updated the master lists and everything really stumped as to why these programs wont work, never had a problem like this before.

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  CM Partners.esm
02  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm  [Version 1.35Beta]
03  Better Cities Resources.esm  [Version 5.5.3]
04  xulAncientRedwoods.esp  [Version 1.6]
05  xulAncientYews.esp  [Version 1.4.4]
06  xulArriusCreek.esp  [Version 1.1.4]
07  xulAspenWood.esp  [Version 1.0.3]
08  xulBlackwoodForest.esp  [Version 1.1.1]
09  xulBravilBarrowfields.esp  [Version 1.3.5]
0A  xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp  [Version 1.1.1]
0B  xulCheydinhalFalls.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
0C  xulChorrolHinterland.esp  [Version 1.2.3]
0D  xulCloudtopMountains.esp  [Version 1.0.3]
0E  xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp  [Version 1.2.2]
0F  xuldarkforest.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
10  xulEntiusGorge.esp  [Version 1.2.1]
11  xulFallenleafEverglade.esp  [Version 1.3.1]
12  xulImperialIsle.esp  [Version 1.6.8]
13  xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp  [Version 1.6.5]
14  xulLushWoodlands.esp  [Version 1.3.3]
15  xulPantherRiver.esp
16  xulRiverEthe.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
17  xulSkingradOutskirts.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
18  xulSnowdale.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
19  xulStendarrValley.esp  [Version 1.2.2]
1A  xulTheHeath.esp
1B  xulCliffsOfAnvil.esp  [Version 1.1.3]
1C  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp  [Version 1.35Beta]
1D  xulSilverfishRiverValley.esp  [Version 1.0.4]
1E  xulJerallGlacier.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
1F  MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
20  xulTheEasternPeaks.esp  [Version 1.1.4]
21  xulRollingHills_EV.esp  [Version 1.3.3]
22  CM Partners.esp
23  CM Partners Special NPCs.esp
24  xulPatch_AY_AC.esp  [Version 1.1]
25  CM Partners NPC.esp
26  CM Partners NPC NE.esp
27  CM Partners More NPCs.esp
28  CM Partners More NPCs NE.esp
29  CM Partners Marker NPCs.esp
2A  CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp
2B  DLCHorseArmor.esp
2C  DLCOrrery.esp
2D  Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp  [Version 2.0]
2E  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul - No Daedric Items.esp
2F  DLCFrostcrag.esp
30  DLCThievesDen.esp
31  DLCVileLair.esp
32  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
33  Book Jackets Oblivion - BP.esp
34  DLCSpellTomes.esp
35  Book Jackets Oblivion.esp
36  Knights.esp
37  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
38  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.5.2]
39  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
3A  UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp  [Version 1.0.0]
3B  DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.8]
3C  DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.6]
3D  DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9]
3E  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.13]
3F  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp  [Version 1.0.13]
40  Better Imperial City.esp  [Version 5.5.3]
41  DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.10]
42  DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
43  Immersive Weapons.esp
44  Better Cities .esp
45  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
46  Oblivion Content Restoration Project.esp
47  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.6]
48  DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.10]
49  OblivionReloaded.esp
4A  Better Cities Full.esp  [Version 5.5.3]
4B  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
4C  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul - Knights of Nine.esp

Oblivion use BOSS  ! NO LOOT ! ! !

Skyrim use LOOT

Yes DLC are high in the load order , except  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp , DLCFrostcrag.esp    and Knights.esp  .

Read my yellow Link below

UniqueLandscape Mods after the DLCs !

And if you use Lovers/Tamago Mods:  BOSS and LOOT sort Lovers Mods wrong ! First run BOSS then sort your Lovers Mods manually ( see my load order (in the yellow Link) or the load order here in the Spoiler  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/4487-please-read-before-posting-here/

BOSS is deprecated.

LOOT is what you want.

What makes you say this ?

BOSS is still being updated regularly.

Show us on some valid examples why you'd want to use LOOT over BOSS for TES4 mods!

Hint : Stop digging your grave, but if you chose to persist, it's your time to waste I guess.

Please refrain from posting when your only argument is "I've read somewhere that it is so", "I've heard from someone that it is so", or "It must be so because I say so". Check your sources, and back up your "facts" by personal experimentation beforehand.

You only confuse people that come here to receive proper and motivated assistance. You don't help them. Check out Feejena's post to see how it's done.

BOSS is deprecated.

LOOT is what you want.

Congratulations, sir; you've just shown you have no idea how Oblivion works whatsoever; your post contains two statements, both of which are false.

Even worse, they are misleading; LOOT does not work for Oblivion, and BOSS is not deprecated.

So, please, stick to things you know huh? I know you want to help - and that's commendable - but the least you could do is check your statements when you try to provide support for one game based on experience with another.

And yes, I am intentionally being rather rude, because there's too many people like you out there that think "I'm a great Skyrim modder! I know everything about Oblivion!".

So stop it.

• 2 weeks later...

Uhm... I don't know about BOSS or LOOT, but Wrye bash sometimes gets jumpy with mod dates and returns messages like that. Some mods may show the same 'last modified' date+hour and are marked red. Editing the 'Modified' attribute of the .esp moving the date forward by a few seconds solves the problem. My personal approach to avoid this issue is sorting the load order outside Wrye Bash (with OBMM or the vanilla Oblivion Launcher).

EDIT

Actually tha vanilla Oblivion Launcher does absolutely NOTHING to sort mods.

Use OBMM to sort mods (based on BOSS suggestions and your personal experience) if you have it installed, or use an utility like File Commander to edit the 'Modified' attribute. A few seconds forward should suffice.

Also, make sure that the 'Lock Times' feature of Wrye Bash is DISABLED.

This is what I do :

1/ Install the mod with WB

Mods can be marked in "red" at this stage on the "Mods" tab, because they share the same timestamp. Nothing we can do about it, except changing the timestamps directly inside their respective archives (zip, 7z, rar).

2/ sort your load order with BOSS

3/ return to WB

Mods should appear as sorted at this stage (with none in "red"), and have different timestamps set by BOSS. It may take a click on the program window so that it updates itself.

There is no need for OBMM or anything else, unless I am misunderstanding what you're trying to achieve.

Lock times should indeed be disabled, at least till we get native BOSS support back for WB. Sorting mods with BOSS directly from within the WB interface used to work in older versions.

There is no need for OBMM or anything else, unless I am misunderstanding what you're trying to achieve.

There was no misunderstanding on your behalf, I was indeed suggesting a working method to avoid the 'identical timestamp' problem, based on OBMM. I didn't want to imply the necessity of using OBMM, of corse, any other method would do.

On the other hand, there are many good reason to install and use OBMM. A flexible archive invalidation system, a BSA browser and unpacker, the ability to install mods released in OMOD format (and support for various scripting languages to write your own installation scripts), CRC for checking file versions, the ability to import/export your load order to a file, and many other features I haven't had the occasion to explore. In my opinion, a tool like this is a must for every Oblivion player/modder. I would recommend it.

No worries then. Diversity in tools to manage our load orders has never hurt in itself.

I really liked the "Check for (mod) update" feature of OBMM for example, which I believe was the first mod manager to introduce it. I even wanted to keep using it just for that, but OBMM and WB compete for setting the load order (or rather the timestamps). This caused me issues, and lead me to uninstall OBMM eventually, as soon as I found a way to replicate its "archive invalidation" feature in WB. However, if someone feels more comfortable by proceeding in another way than I do, they should do so.

All that matters in the end is that we understand how the different tools really work, remain aware of their quirks and use them to get a functional load order that we're satisfied with.

Archived