Outfit conversion help

feral

I decided to try and convert one of my favorite outfits from Type 3 to type 6M In blender, and while I've got the mesh all set up and fitting the new body properly; I'm having problems with exporting the NIF and getting it to work. I get one of three problems...

1: Blender won't let me export the NIF. This only happens when I import a skeleton into the file, it keeps telling me that it can't export unweighted meshes, however the "mesh" that it selects is called "headanim1" and can't see it anywhere in the program.

B: The file will export and play in game, but either the actual body is missing or invisible, probably missing; and I get an episode of the living clothes!!!

III: The file will export and crash the game when I try to equip the outfit.

B and III both happen when I don't try to import a skeleton.

-----------------------

Here's how I did it...

I made a copy of the outfit I wanted to modify, then in Nifscope I deleted the body mesh. In Blender I imported the type 6M nude body model then imported the armor I wanted to modify and tweaked it to fit the new body. After that, I'm kinda lost in what to do...

You should open it manually on nifskope and change the path of the skin properly. However, if your race is using a different texture, you should arrive to a compromise: or you point the path to your race texture (and all the other npcs of vanilla race will have wrong texture when wearing this outfit) or you point to vanilla texture (and all the npc will have the right texture but you won't, just like now) or you make some good scripted environment that recognizes automatically the outfit and adapts the outfit with the right texture (complicated solution)

awww I guess I misunderstood then

Open your dress in nifskope, click on the body part.

Go in the BSShaderPPLightningProperty and look the details: The BSShaderType must be SKIN, and in the BSShaderFlag you should also mark SF_Facegen

• 3 weeks later...

Ran into a new problem...

Well, it's been a problem but I'm in the mood to fix it! lol

The issue(s) are that after completing a sex animation my character's tits will freeze in pose when the animation ended, like if it were a titfuck her tits will remain pronounced forward and squeezed together; like in the example I'll provide.

The other issue is that her breasts will pop in and out of the shirt when running/aiming/crouching.

2015-03-15_00003 normal

2015-03-15_00002 problem

post-409533-0-53465500-1426476662_thumb.jpg

post-409533-0-69536400-1426476665_thumb.jpg

Sounds like clothing mesh is not weighted to a skeleton/body that has bounce, re-weight in blender using gerra's script (prefered) or built in bone-weight copy or try gerra's standalone tools and of course using proper skeleton/body for source.

I'm not entirely sure if I have anything with bounce, other than an sex animation set for sexout. My character's breasts remain rigid while doing everything else, or at least they look rigid.

Could you link me to some sources or information about creating/modifying Fallout outfits?

The issue(s) are that after completing a sex animation my character's tits will freeze in pose when the animation ended

the very last sexout version (2-4 days ago) contains an asset which should solve this

I'll give that a look this afternoon. Is it an asset I'll have to use manually, or is this something that's built in?

--------------------

Don't know if it's relevant, but I'm using type 6 for the body source. I don't think I have bounce installed for it, and I used the skeleton that "bodymorph" required. Also, this is a new save that's never had bodymorph activated; that shouldn't be a contributor.

If your breast moves when you use sexout, but it doesn't when you walk for example, it could be that you are using a BnB outfit (or body) mesh but you lack BnB animations like walk and run.

If you trigger an animation that modifies the original position of the breast (i.e. some animations inside Sexout which support BnB, like Amra animations), when you stop that animation the breast will stick in its last position, it's a common behaviour. Inside the last sexout version there's a new reset included, it should restore the original breast position. So no, it's not something you must do, it will be automatic.

Archived