Lydia's sexuality (and probably other marriable NPCs)

spadgas

I was poking around in my sexlab settings yesterday, and I found that Lydia (and Mjoll) were both set to prefer females. Not that that is a problem, bit it surprised me a lot really, as they can both be married by a girl or a boy. I really thought that they'd be bi.

What I'm really asking I suppose is have I done something that broke sexlab. Are they meant to be bi or does sexlab set them up to prefer your gender, which I'd have thought was quite difficult to do.

Hugs

I was poking around in my sexlab settings yesterday, and I found that Lydia (and Mjoll) were both set to prefer females. Not that that is a problem, bit it surprised me a lot really, as they can both be married by a girl or a boy. I really thought that they'd be bi.

What I'm really asking I suppose is have I done something that broke sexlab. Are they meant to be bi or does sexlab set them up to prefer your gender, which I'd have thought was quite difficult to do.

Hugs

Sexlab randomly assigns preferences and experience to each NPC, Ashal is planning to tweak the code in the next version since too many NPCs end up extremely well experienced.

Maybe someone with some talent can make a marriage mod in which each NPC will only marry according to their Sexlab preference. That way sexuality would become very relevant, in which case, you never know who is going to be available for marriage in each play through.

That, of course would bring up the difficulty of having no same sex marriage at all, but that can also be fixed by assigning, randomly, some NPCs that would swing either way.

Am I creating too much work here?

Maybe someone with some talent can make a marriage mod in which each NPC will only marry according to their Sexlab preference. That way sexuality would become very relevant, in which case, you never know who is going to be available for marriage in each play through.

That, of course would bring up the difficulty of having no same sex marriage at all, but that can also be fixed by assigning, randomly, some NPCs that would swing either way.

Am I creating too much work here?

No. That would be rather easy to do just by reading their randomly assigned SexLab sexuality and applying it as a condition for marriage dialogue.

You could probably churn such a mod out overnight with no modding experience. 

On a side note, there is implied homosexuality in Skyrim.

If you enter a Temple of Dibella as a female character, some of the priests will comment on the player's beauty and offer to "teach you a few things".

There is a story involving two deceased lovers, Hrodulf and Bjornolfr, in Hrodulf's house on Solstheim. 

Archived