Anyone here uses PerMa and Sexlab together?

Kageryu

I do, haven't had any major problems with it. I had one weird savegame where the zdf punishment cane (from... the ZaZ Animation Pack or something?) would do enough damage to kill me in a whipping session, especially if the person holding the whip would be proficient in light weapons. Running DAYMOYL that was no serious issue, other than the fact that it would be a bit immersion breaking to have your character go into a bleedout animation while they're wearing an armbinder from Devious Devices. The whipping never lasted long enough to drain the bleedout bar as well.

I don't use any custom races though, so I'm not sure how it interacts with those.

I do, haven't had any major problems with it. I had one weird savegame where the zdf punishment cane (from... the ZaZ Animation Pack or something?) would do enough damage to kill me in a whipping session, especially if the person holding the whip would be proficient in light weapons. Running DAYMOYL that was no serious issue, other than the fact that it would be a bit immersion breaking to have your character go into a bleedout animation while they're wearing an armbinder from Devious Devices. The whipping never lasted long enough to drain the bleedout bar as well.

I don't use any custom races though, so I'm not sure how it interacts with those.

Thanks for the info. Did you have to set up anything special or add mods to the block list when using the PerMa patcher?

I have a question about PerMa since I'm not quite sure how the patcher works. If I install the Tera armor collection, can I then just run the patcher and it will fix the values and add everything to the leveled lists? Meaning those items can be found in game and on npcs/vendors?

The reason I'm wondering is because you also have a site on nexus that features a lot of premade patches. If the patcher can handle items added through mods, why do i need a separate patch for something like Immersive Armors?

Running with Perma, Daymoyl, SD+.  No huge issues so far, but I'm less than 10 hours in on this playthrough.  Not fiddled much with devious expansion stuff, so I don't know about any incompatibility there.  Things have turned out to be a bit more challenging than my typical runs, though, but that's part of the fun.  Also, occasional crashes and such, but nothing pointing to a consistent issue yet.

Running with Perma, Daymoyl, SD+.  No huge issues so far, but I'm less than 10 hours in on this playthrough.  Not fiddled much with devious expansion stuff, so I don't know about any incompatibility there.  Things have turned out to be a bit more challenging than my typical runs, though, but that's part of the fun.  Also, occasional crashes and such, but nothing pointing to a consistent issue yet.

I find the combat to be really good now. Fast and brutal, not sure if that's PerMa, Combat evolved, or a little bit of both. (Most likely the latter)

Thanks for the info. Did you have to set up anything special or add mods to the block list when using the PerMa patcher?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner; no I didn't do anything special, I run every mod 'out of the box' as it were. The only thing I had to do for PerMa is get the xMAWARCombatLogic fix to prevent Papyrus spam and CTDs.

I have a question about PerMa since I'm not quite sure how the patcher works. If I install the Tera armor collection, can I then just run the patcher and it will fix the values and add everything to the leveled lists? Meaning those items can be found in game and on npcs/vendors?

The reason I'm wondering is because you also have a site on nexus that features a lot of premade patches. If the patcher can handle items added through mods, why do i need a separate patch for something like Immersive Armors?

If you want to use 'other than vanilla' armors, you might have to do an XML edit or dig into the CK to add quality keywords to the armor pieces. The PaMa patcher scales up items (armor values are vastly improved over the vanilla game) based on their quality level as indicated by the keyword, or the quality settings in the .xml. Vanilla armor pieces and some custom armor pieces have these keywords, but a lot of mod makers don't include these by default. In the regular game it is sufficient to just add a base armor level.

The PaMa patcher, as said, requires these keywords though. If items do not have a quality level keyword attached or have any indication in the .xml that tells the patcher what the quality (and therefore the improved armor value) should be, the patcher doesn't know how to change the armor value and ignores it. The armor values are then imported 'as is', which is way too low for PerMa.

I don't know what patchers like the ones for Immersive Armors do, but I imagine it might have something to do with those quality notations so that the PaMa patcher knows how to scale them up appropriately. Perhaps the default mod didn't have them, and the patch included those keywords on all armors. The Tera armors seem to already have these keywords though, so you can use PerMa together with the Tera armor set plus leveled list and they will spawn on NPCs with proper armor values. I'm using it myself, and the armor value seems to match (PerMa Leather value when supposed to be Leather, Steel when supposed to be Steel, etc.).

Sorry I didn't reply sooner; no I didn't do anything special, I run every mod 'out of the box' as it were. The only thing I had to do for PerMa is get the xMAWARCombatLogic fix to prevent Papyrus spam and CTDs.

If you want to use 'other than vanilla' armors, you might have to do an XML edit or dig into the CK to add quality keywords to the armor pieces. The PaMa patcher scales up items (armor values are vastly improved over the vanilla game) based on their quality level as indicated by the keyword, or the quality settings in the .xml. Vanilla armor pieces and some custom armor pieces have these keywords, but a lot of mod makers don't include these by default. In the regular game it is sufficient to just add a base armor level.

The PaMa patcher, as said, requires these keywords though. If items do not have a quality level keyword attached or have any indication in the .xml that tells the patcher what the quality (and therefore the improved armor value) should be, the patcher doesn't know how to change the armor value and ignores it. The armor values are then imported 'as is', which is way too low for PerMa.

I don't know what patchers like the ones for Immersive Armors do, but I imagine it might have something to do with those quality notations so that the PaMa patcher knows how to scale them up appropriately. Perhaps the default mod didn't have them, and the patch included those keywords on all armors. The Tera armors seem to already have these keywords though, so you can use PerMa together with the Tera armor set plus leveled list and they will spawn on NPCs with proper armor values. I'm using it myself, and the armor value seems to match (PerMa Leather value when supposed to be Leather, Steel when supposed to be Steel, etc.).

Thanks for awnsering my question :) . However this does bring up a new question; how do I edit an .xml file, or how do I open/use the CK through MO?

Also, on the the topic of Tera armours: I've found the big Tera mod on nexus. Since I'm using bodyslide I looked for a conversion and found one on the same site. However, this mod only converts 47 out of the 64 armors, leaving 17 untouched. What happens if I play the game with these 17 untouched armours? Will I CDT when me or an npc equips one of the 17 'others' armours? Will my body change to unp/vanilla if I wear one of these armours? Is it possible to turn these 17 armours off and just use the other 47 armours that are in fact converted?

Archived