Balls! I can't change Sofia's face even with CTRL+F4 on CK

Bloodfang

Hello !

I tried to change my follower's face by switching her default face with the face of a follower from Loverslab that is wayyyyy more pretty, but even when I use the command CTRL+F4 to get the .nif file exported she still get a grey face and weird eyes rolling inside her head lol.

That was a week ago, because when I tried to reinstall all of her files, she still had the same greyface for no reason. So I had to reinstall Skyrim and clean my mod list at the same time.

I was wondering what went wrong?  You select the NPC on CK, edit the face, hair, eyes, brows (I literraly used the same options that the other follower was using) then save the changes after CTRL+F4, isn't it?

Usually with the vanilla NPC it's more than enough, but with Sofia something is not letting her get a facechange.

that's probably because that follower is a nord, and sofia is a sofiarace (or something like that)

open the follower head nif, and sofia head nif

either you rename femaleheadnorth to sofiahead

either you copy paste the nitrishape data from the new head to the old head (faster that way, but this isn't enought for the hairs, that, you have to copy paste and rename)

Crap, seems I'm cursed lol, it worked out better but I got a random face, I tried to have the same sliders on the tab for the eyes/nose/lips/cheekbone/chin positions.

Doesn't look like Hidielle follower much haha^^

That's really weird I made sure everything was same as Hidielle, even exported the facegen data and checked on nifskope, it had the hair and everything :(

post-81342-0-37271100-1423779423_thumb.jpg

Crap, seems I'm cursed lol, it worked out better but I got a random face, I tried to have the same sliders on the tab for the eyes/nose/lips/cheekbone/chin positions.

That's really weird I made sure everything was same as Hidielle, even exported the facegen data and checked on nifskope, it had the hair and everything :(

Did you check the file path in nifscope to the textures as well?

Thanks ! It worked, but seems it was conflicting with the modifications I made on CK, that's weird though because I simply tried to reproduce the same sliders and options Hidielle had.

Face is ok but the body didn't follow up, I guess it's the same issue with the face.nif file^^ but I think I understand that mess better now, thanks to all of you. I'll try to change her face with CharGen & RaceMenu, it sounds easier^^

Here's the face after I replaced the modified .esp with the original one :

post-81342-0-76341300-1423819035_thumb.jpg

Thanks ! It worked, but seems it was conflicting with the modifications I made on CK, that's weird though because I simply tried to reproduce the same sliders and options Hidielle had.

Face is ok but the body didn't follow up, I guess it's the same issue with the face.nif file^^ but I think I understand that mess better now, thanks to all of you. I'll try to change her face with CharGen & RaceMenu, it sounds easier^^

Here's the face after I replaced the modified .esp with the original one :

Thats the issue I was having. Few things. The face that is imported into the CK has to have come from a body the SAME weight as is set in the CK. You also need to make sure that you use standard slider colors. One of the things I found out is custom slider colors (from say using the color selector in RM) will not translate since the CK cannot select them correctly when you export the tint mask with ctrl+f4. PS my first post has a link that explains all this.

I simply tried to reproduce the same sliders and options Hidielle had.

and that didn't work

A2UdzV8.jpg

spjF1TA.jpg

if you can't tell the difference

wdoz5XS.jpg

i had the same result when i replaced sofia head nif with illia head nif from sbf

54527-1-1402923975.jpg

well... that didn't work, but i kept that head, it look nice

Well the ENB and lightning are not the same in a tavern compared to the light used in the original screenshot, those can make quite the difference too.

Anyway most important thing was to switch the piggy face from the original mod, Hidielle has a nice face morph so it does the trick for me :P

Hidielle has a nice face morph so it does the trick for me

you like that head because you think it is hidielle?

i told you above this isn't hidielle^^

41yEFfH.jpg

JRHqGGU.jpg

i had the same result when i tried to put illia sbf head on sofia last year, there wasn't any hidielle at the time (don't know where that head is coming from, but it's nice, sofia still have it)

Hidielle has a nice face morph so it does the trick for me

you like that head because you think it is hidielle?

i told you above this isn't hidielle^^

41yEFfH.jpg

JRHqGGU.jpg

i had the same result when i tried to put illia sbf head on sofia last year, there wasn't any hidielle at the time (don't know where that head is coming from, but it's nice, sofia still have it)

Well I thought so until you broke my dream now haha, crap I thought it was the same face :angel: but as you said it's still a good improvement over the original face ^^

The head I was getting was far from what I wanted to be, and now that I see Hidielle's face on Nifskope I can see the difference. xd

But it's okay, a cute facemorph with a nice texture is always cute right? :blush:

Archived