Any recommandation for a difficulty mod?

Bloodfang

Hello everyone !

I'm looking for something that makes the game a bit more challenging, BUT not to make melee inviable at 90% of the times, especially when starting a new game, oneshot AWP-style 360 noscope, I don't really call that difficulty. (It's what happened to me with Ultimate Combat, and the stam drain with power attacks was a bit too much to make stamina upgrades interesting at all)

Something that doesn't make the damage so high that you have to kite and spam firebolt all the time above a rock where the AI pathfinder can't get, something challenging yet not that ridiculous lol.

Also, I'm using ASIS, since I plan to play with Sofia all the time.

Any idea ? ^^

You can install:

Requiem - The Roleplaying Overhaul by Xarrian and Ogerboss

Its pretty hard.It chnge alot of the core mechanics in the vanilla Skyrim.

Hier is some description from the mod auhter

Requiem started as a personal project to turn Skyrim into more of a(n) (oldschool) semi-realistic roleplaying experience and has grown greatly ever since, with more than 2000 hours of developement time and a small, very dedicated team behind it. Its changes affect about everything there is in the game - from overall gameplay changes, like a completely deleveled game world, to remade and rebalanced items, interface tweaks, aesthetic adjusments and much, much more. A list of the important changes can be found in the Requiem Manual in the chapter "What is Requiem about". If you are not in the mood for reading, lean back instead and let Brodual and his awesome videos explain Requiem to you.

LINK to Nexus:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281/?

For combat goes:

Dragon Combat Overhaul by ApolloDown

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32597/?

Duel - Combat Realism by Gabriel Mailhot as LogRaam

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2700/?

Deadly Combat by Borgut1337

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5485/?

Locational Damage by Kahmul

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12615/?

Ohh yeah i recommend also immersive mods to spice your Skyrim experience!

I hope it help you :)!

I play on expert with this setup:

SPERG

Deadly Combat

Revenge of the Enemies 

Immersive NPC Detection

I used to use Requiem, but it's incompatible with Better Vampires so I tried a few different combinations and really like the one above. So much so, that I doubt I'll go back to Requiem, honestly. Requiem with Sexlab mods like Defeat and SD+ would just be way too masochistic for me. :lol:  

The stagger mechanic in Deadly Combat still gets my guy raped a lot.  :dodgy:  But it has a light locational damage mechanic build it that helps him a bit since he's a sneaky archer type. With DC he has a chance at least.....kinda.  ;)

Hey, thanks for the suggestions :)

I'm actually using these mods :

- Combat Evolved

- animal tweaks

- obis

- immersive creature

- revenge of the ennemie

I'm surely replacing Better Spells with SPERG, looks like a good enhancement to the base game, thank you DurtyNelly ;)

As far as the ennemies go, I'm having almost no trouble against bandits, against creatures though it's sometimes harder, and they get new abilities and behavior that tend to surprise me, so it's a good thing.

I play with a follower so it's a bit harder to balance around that I suppose but going alone is not fun anymore without Sofia trolling all the time ^^

Hey, thanks for the suggestions :)

I'm actually using these mods :

- Combat Evolved

- animal tweaks

- obis

- immersive creature

- revenge of the ennemie

I'm surely replacing Better Spells with SPERG, looks like a good enhancement to the base game, thank you DurtyNelly ;)

As far as the ennemies go, I'm having almost no trouble against bandits, against creatures though it's sometimes harder, and they get new abilities and behavior that tend to surprise me, so it's a good thing.

I play with a follower so it's a bit harder to balance around that I suppose but going alone is not fun anymore without Sofia trolling all the time ^^

You're most welcome. I've only been using it a month or so myself, but I really love it. Just make sure if you use SD+ (not sure if you do, but...), that you turn Fists of Steal OFF in the SPERG MCM. You want to enable vanilla Brawl Mode and disable the Fists in the same section of it's MCM. 

Don't forget to put SPERG's Uncapper settings in Skyrim Community Uncapper too.  ;) You should only get one perk every two levels, otherwise you'll quickly find yourself overpowered. 

Yeah, followers are a tough one. Especially custom ones like Sofia. She's a beast.  :lol:

Seems Immersive creatures & OBIS with Combat Evolved changed the game, that's good ^^

I made a new game, edited the mods in MCM, and when I was going to the Stones with Hadvar I got ambushed by 6 bandits, that was tough I had to lame a bit on some rock, it got worse when I saw some ghosts coming out of nowhere too.

Only thing I was thinking after that however was what if these guys killed a useful NPC? They killed the poor hunter way before I got in the spot. 6 bandits + 4 ghosts, that's quite a lot for a single NPC to handle, let alone those who are unarmed. I'll need to change that, but as for the difficulty it's okay. Not the oneshot-bangdead like Ultimate Combat+ASIS did.

I made a new game, edited the mods in MCM, and when I was going to the Stones with Hadvar I got ambushed by 6 bandits, that was tough I had to lame a bit on some rock, it got worse when I saw some ghosts coming out of nowhere too.

npc protected

but it will override (or get override by) other npc mods

npc protected

but it will override (or get override by) other npc mods

merci, I'll try this, the author said it can be fixed in TES5Edit

Archived