Getting Diablo Elves to Work?

ModestModist

I've been having the worst luck getting the Diablo Elf race to work. It seems to crash my game no matter what I do. I try to start a new game and then it just crashes, just when the loading bar has almost finished. Also when I tried using a preconfigured Diablo Elf save, my character had the correct facial features but she was using the vanilla body for some reason.

I'm using Wrye Bash to manage my mods. Diablo Elfs recommend OBMM, but I'd really like to minimize the amount of proprietary software I have to install because it's too confusing for my newbie brain to handle! So I'd like to just use Wrye Bash if that's at all possible. I checked the mesh files and the texture files and they're all where they're supposed to be. And the esp (DiabloEF 6 in 1) is where it's supposed to be as well.

Additional details:

-I'm using the Unofficial patches, which also fix the issue with custom races not working.

-I own all the official DLC including Battlehorn.

-I'm using the old school PC disk version, not the steam version. But fully updated with the Shivering Isles patch.

-I've installed Oblivion XP as well. It's a mod that changes the leveling system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And also, if any armor mods exist for the Diablo Elf race, I would appreciate some links because I don't want my character's clothing options to be limited once I get these to work.

Load order is a must when posting a problem with a game as we have no clue what you have installed into your game. Are you using the Diablo Elf 6 in 1 Big Update or the Diablo elf 6 in 1 from the nexus or are you using the MBP that comes with the race in it? If you are using the MBP version then you need the Diablo Elf 6 in 1 Big Update to update the race that is in it. The big update one states on the page on the nexus for saves you need **Saves readme The awesome saves of the goddesses that saved the world! It's recommended to install this first http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/43379/then put saves in here Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves** http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43117/?   Have you run BOSS for load order sorting? Then manually sort the rest?

Oblivion is best ran while using OBMM (oblivion mod manager) and not NMM or MO. NMM has a tendency to install thing incorrectly and MO takes a huge amount to work to get to work correctly.

There is a lot of info to look at in the yellow link for load order and things like that.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/36443-oblivion-install-gametoolsbodiesbbbmod-sorting-and-cleaningcs-cse/

OBMM is not proprietary software, it's a tool to assist you in installing and setting up complex MODs like DiabloEF 6 in 1.

I had the prior version and just upgraded it to Diablo Elf 6 in 1 Big Update, doing the same thing as before; via OBMM and creating an OBMM file. It is the easiest way to do it, although not simple.

If you decide to learn to use both OBMM and Wrye, which I highly recommend as they complement each other, I can post a link to a share of my current .omod file. 

Otherwise as mentioned by myuhinny we need to know you LO, which version of Diablo Elf 6 you are attempting to install and configure and where you DLed it from. It would be good to list all of the resources you DLed too, so we can review that to make sure you have everything you need. You should also try to keep to using versions either here from LL or Nexus. Trying to support versions from other sites (like Hongfire) is a nightmare and not supported.

Once we learn the above, we can try and help, even if you insist on just using Wrye to do it and not OBMM.

Alright fine, fine, I'll install OBMM. What's one more program? I guess. Long as it'll really make things easier. And I know a load order would've been helpful but I only just now learned how to make a program make one that I can Ctrl+C. And it was OBMM that allowed me to do it. Wow, this thing is useful already!

Oblivion esm
DiabloEF 6 in 1 esp
Oblivion XP esp
DLCHorseArmor esp
DLCOrrery esp
DLCFrostcrag esp
DLCThievesDen esp
DLCVileLair esp
DLCMehrunesRazor esp
DLCSpellTomes esp
Knights esp
DLCShiveringIsles esp
DLCBattlehornCastle esp
Unofficial Oblivion Patch esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch esp
DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch esp
DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch esp
DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB esp
DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch esp
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch esp
DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch esp
Knights - Unofficial Patch esp
DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch esp
Races Unlocked esp
Bashed Patch, 0 esp

More details:

-"Races Unlocked" is a mod I made myself that makes dremoras, golden saints, and dark seducers playable. It's just a quick ticking of a few checkmarks, nothing advanced. I also tried this same load order but with "Diablo Elfs 6 in 1" just above Races Unlocked. And again just below it.

-I'm using the "Big Update" version of the mod that comes from Nexusmods. The one that came in three separate archives: esp, textures, and meshes. I installed each archive with Wrye Bash.

-I'm completely aware that my load order may just be the dumbest thing you've ever seen. I assumed Wrye Bash sorted things automatically for me but I may be wrong. Isn't there some piece of software that corrects it automatically?

-I know the saves wanted me to have the alternate start mod, but I didn't want the alternate start mod so I just loaded a save without the mod and coc'd to the arena so I could strip down and make sure the textures and meshes were working. (And they weren't.) I figured it wouldn't be an issue as long as I didn't actually try to play the save.

Now, some questions:

-Now that I have OBMM and Wrye Bash installed, which one should I use to install my mods?

-Is there a better version of Diablo Elfs, or a more complete version that maybe comes with extra skins and hairs or whatever, that I should use?

-I tried to create an OMOD by combining the esp, textures, and meshes archives in OBMM, and the .esp showed up on the list of things to be added to the OMOD, but the textures and meshes folders never appeared on that list no matter how I tried to load them, even if I took them out of archives and tried to add them as folders. How do I get OBMM to recognize these two archives so I can add them to the OMOD I'm trying to make?

-This website wouldn't let me post this until I deleted all the periods from the load order list because the forum software thought I was trying to post a website link and I'm not allowed to do that yet. Is there a way to circumvent this issue or indicate to the software that I'm not trying to post a website link? Because that was a lot of periods to delete. Phew!

I have never used the big update one but I do use the one from the same author called Diablo Elf 6 in 1 omod version. To install a omod you have to unzip the mod and drop the omod where the .esp's are and right click it and go to open with then select OBMM it will pop up in OBMM on the right side double click it to install it. http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43117/? 

There is BOSS for sorting load order it is found on the nexus but *no* automatic sorter is 100% failsafe they can still make mistakes and with BOSS it can only sort things if the mod is in it's master list anything that's not in the list gets placed anywhere and those have to be manually adjusted. You can also download and use TES4EDIT which is only a little .exe file when you click it the tool opens make sure everything that you have installed into your game is checked in the box and hit enter it will try to load everything that you have installed into your game if it hits a error it will stop and tell you why. Read it fix it and keep restarting it till it loads up without hitting any errors. It can find anything that you have in your load order that is out of order.

What is in your bash patch you don't really seem to have much of anything to really need a bash patch? Usually you make a bash patch if you are using something like MBP (Modular Beautiful People).

The prevention of link posting and screenshot uploading is a spam prevention thing it disappears after your 2nd post.

I don't honestly know what a bashed patch is for. Wrye made it automatically so I just sorta assumed it was something important, but if it's not needed I'll uncheck it.

Okay, some new developments. I got rid of the version I was using and used the OMOD one you were referring to. Now I'm able to start a game and create a diablo elf, however her body is still the default shape, no enormous bosoms or anything.

Oblivion.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp
Knights.esp
Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp
Races Unlocked.esp
Oblivion XP.esp
DiabloEF 6 in 1.esp

You need a mod like set body there is a mod here on LL by Gerra6 and Movomo called set body reloaded. The mod has many many bodies in it and you get a spell that you can use on yourself and other people to change your players/peoples body type. One of the bodies that is being used for diablo elves is the DRMA body.  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/13908-gerra-and-movomos-setbody-reloaded-141/

I'm not sure but the big update one might be a update used to update their original mod once it is installed maybe that is why it wasn't working correctly.

Here's a link to my.omod file for Diablo Elf 6 in 1 Big Update by SWBM, 7 May 2013.omod 221.7 MB. I created it to test out the Save games from the same Nexus site, which did work. 

post-18672-0-28760800-1423070225_thumb.jpg

If you are not using Alternative start by Robert Evrae I thnk you need the Custom Race fix, as posted under requirements on the Nexus page, which I don't see in your current LO.

You can, via OBMM Deactivate the current .omod file for what you installed previously and then try this one. Place it in E:\Games\Oblivion\obmm\mods, changing the drive letter and path to what ever you actually have. Dble-mouse click on the file should open OBMM and you can install and activate it.

I may have altered the textures for this adding/replacing some hi-rez ones for the mid or low-rez ones, I don't really remember. 

As you can see in the following screen capture of it in Wrye, it has only one master, the SI version of Oblivion.esm and no Bash Tags.

post-18672-0-82424700-1423070685_thumb.jpg

Other Notes

You can also generate a text copy of you LO from Wrye too, using MOD Checker. 3rd icon from the right, bottom icon bar in Wrye. Then click the Copy Text button, paste to a LL post or alternately to a text file in your editor of choice, if you want to save it.

If you decide to keep your Bashed Patch, you can uninstall UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp and use the Tweak Settings in Wrye to do the same thing, which frees up one more MOD slot to use later, not that you have that many now.

post-18672-0-30644400-1423071456_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

When you use an .omod file it will often replace any existing, identical meshes AND/OR add ones that may be in a BSA archive. (This is why using .omods can be a bit tricky sometimes, depending on MODs being used and resources already present in your Oblivion/Data folder.)

So your "I cant seem to get body mods to work properly or when i use character enhancement ones eyeballs vanish etc" issues read like a need to run ArchiveInvalidate, BSA Redirect from OBMM or Wrye. 

• 1 month later...

I apologize for disappearing after starting this thread. I'm definitely still interested in getting this to work, but one night I randomly started working on Skyrim and became totally focused on that for like the entire last month. I'll try the things y'all suggested for Oblivion and report back soon. Also, I honestly didn't know Diablo Elves required any extra body mods. I thought the body mods came with the race, like Diablo Elves were all just naturally busty. I'll try some of the things you guys suggested and report my findings very soon.

Archived