Skyrim - modding textures, problems with "warping"

Klapklap

Hello, I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum but it's the best fit I could find.

I'm learning to create skyrim mods, and in particular I'm interested in making armors, starting by modifying existing armors. One of the things I would like to learn is how to modify their textures.

Let's say for example that I simply want to write "Hello" on the chest of the character, sort of like a tattoo. I open femalebody.dds with Paint.NET and type "Hello" in the chest area. So far, so good.

However in game the texture gets "distorted" because it's applied to a 3d object that is curved, so my hello writing is all distorted. I googled a lot but I couldn't find a single tutorial that explains how to prevent that, ie, how to write "Hello" using a program that takes texture "warping" or whatever it's called into consideration.

Curiously enough, all tutorials I found completely ignore this issue and don't even remotely mention it, using as examples things like sword which are planes and thus don't have this problem.

Can you help me? Thanks

So the forum section that has only one single (!) pinned thread "This section is for Tools and resources ONLY - not questions or guides" is the best you could find? Wow...

Moved to skyrim general discussion.

You are right, I apologize!!

Archived