[WIP] Secret House of Dibella

terratto

The Secret House of Dibella

Rumor has it that there is a secret House of Dibella hiding out in Whiterun. Although most of the residents of Whiterun dismiss this as a rumor, the Dragonborn is not so convinced. Perhaps this rumor warrants investigation...

Inspiration/Purpose:

This is my very first mod! Please be gentile :) I started this over a year ago and ended up taking a lot of time off from being burnt out with Skyrim. I cam back a few months ago and recently decided to release this. As this is my first released mod, please let me know if something isn't working right. 

This mod was developed from a desire to do a few things. 

One, there are so many great player homes out there that I wanted to attempt to develop a player home. I went a little overboard here, but had fun doing it all. 

I also wanted to integrate SexLab into the game using Dibella in a gender-neutral manner. A lot of the mods out there are for female players, and I wanted to do add something that male players can use as well. For this mod, the dialogue and scenes are set up for either a male or female dragonborn. The followers that can be inserted into the house can be male, female, or any combination thereof. The SexLab scenes are set up assuming the dragonborn uses a male position, but that's an easy in-game fix if you want it the other way around. 

The other thing I wanted to do was find a way to insert followers into the game and associate them with a quest and reason why they may be willing to follow the Dragonborn on life or death adventures. The House has a quest associated with it, given by innkeepers by asking about rumors. You must prove yourself to Dibella prior to being granted access to her house and devotees. Completion of the quest requires a certain proficiency level associated with SexLab. 

Requirements:

Explicit Requirements:
All DLC
SexLab 

Implicit Requirements:
Lily by Adenz (Required for the quest)
Stella and Karen by Adenz (Set up as merchant and blacksmith)

Installation:

For the full experience, you will need to download and install MDShack, adenz_lily, and adenzfollowers. 

MDShack can be installed throug NMM, MO, or any mod manager. 
The other two require you to FIRST download followers from adenz. Download and install Lily follower and Stella and Karen follower from here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/33560-adenzs-follower/
Once those are installed, you can then install the other two using any mod manager or by simply dragging and dropping the relevant files into your skyrim/data directory, overwriting the esp's provided by adenz. 

If you don't download adenz followers, then there will be no NPC's and no quest associated with the house. You will basically just get a new location dropped into the game. The quest is associated with adenz follower Lily. 

Inserting Devotees/Followers:

Nothing too difficult here, although it does require use of the Creation Kit and Wyre Bash. 

Create the follower you wish to make into one of Dibella's devotees. If you already have followers created, load that mod up in the Creation Kit as the active file, while also loading MDShack.esp as a plug in.
Open the room that you wish to drop the follower into and drag/drop them into an MD room. I recommend simply dropping them into the main room (aaaMDMainRoom)
Next, double click on the follower and edit it's base. Go to factions. Add aaaMDDibellaFaction to the list of factions. This gives your follower the dialogue and SexLab options. For further integration with Sisterhood of Dibella, also add the MarkarthTempleofDibella faction to your follower. 
Then, go to the packages section and add the package aaaMDFollowPlayerPackage. Make sure this is on the top of your packages list. 
If you wish, you can go to the packages section and add the appropriate packages to make your follower wander around the house and sleep. See tutorials on this for the various options available. They are all over youtube. I have a copule templates set up for your reference and use. 
You can also alter the clothing that your follower has at their disposal. Again, please see tutorials on this, as others can explain this process much better than me. This is completely optional, but may provide better immersion. If you are using Sisterhood of Dibella, for continuity you may want to use those outfits. 
Save the file and exit the Creation Kit. Load Wyre Bash. Right click on the follower mod you just edited and click on Add Masters. Add MDShack.esp as a master. (This MUST be done EVERY TIME you alter a mod that relies on MDShack in any way)

That's it! You have just inserted your first of many followers into this mod as a devotee of Dibella. 

Customization and other notes:

You will find pictures and portraits of the followers I am using within the house. To swap out the portraits where the followers sleep, create the portrait you want using an editor such as photoshop or gimp. I used the resources here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60246/?

The portraits in the dorm are found in textures/md/pictures and are labeled MDPortrait01 - 10. The upstairs dorms are 01 - 05, left to right. Downstairs are 06 - 10, left to right. 

The somewhat odd room you find in the study is associated with a teleport spell. There is a book to teach the spell hidden somewhere in the house, and the spell will take you to the alter on the second floor of the study. 

Downloads:

These are all loose files right now. I recommend using a program like MO or NMM to install these. 

Main File:

If you want the quest, first download:
Adenz Followers (download the Lily and Stella & Karen followers and install)

Then download these esp's to override the ones that come with Adenz Followers:

Credits/Big Thank You!:

Adenz for his amazingly beautiful followers
azmodan22 for the sextreme loading screen conversions and help
ashal for SexLab and his patience while helping me with the scripting
Blary for the OpenBooks, FoodContainer, Ingredients Wall Art, BookSet, AlchemyClutter, Ingredients in a Jar, Resources
Jokerine's Misc Resources
betterbecause for the frames and canvases
Strotis for the Oven Resources, Kitchen Tools, New Plants, and Assorted Resources
svindal Estate Interior
Edhildil for the Sevenbase Dibella Statue
L0rd0fWar for The Witcher 2 models
Horrorview for the few amazing textures I used
Elianora for Eli's Shack and the inspiration from all his other mods! 

If I missed anyone, please PM me and let me know. I began this mod over a year ago and initially had no intention of releasing it. I've tried to go through this and obtain and/or give everyone the proper credits, however I may have inadvertently overlooked someone's amazing work.

post-80296-0-00490300-1422172252_thumb.jpg

post-80296-0-79905600-1422172265_thumb.jpg

post-80296-0-34234500-1422172271_thumb.jpg

post-80296-0-85761400-1422172274_thumb.jpg

post-80296-0-39758600-1422172278_thumb.jpg

post-80296-0-48512100-1422172282_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I used resources from all DLC's for the house. When I started this I wasn't really thinking about releasing it, so I just used whatever I had. I may eventually see what I can do about getting rid of the DLC requirements, but for now, they're a must. 

Thanks for the feedback zzz72w3r. I updated the file to include the plants textures. I couldn't figure out which rugs had missing textures. On my end they all seem to work, but it's late so I'll check it again tomorrow. 

The rooms aren't actually assigned to anyone. I just included the portraits that I had already done in the package. I made it so they are actually really easy to change out for your own followers, but forgot to say something about it in the description. I'll update that now. 

Archived