Companion weapon console cmd

blackraven14

I know it's not quite a Sexout thing' date=' but is there a console command to force a companion to equip a specific weapon? I'm running into an issue where Boone refuses to equip anything other than melee weapons.

[/quote']

If you have given him a weapon that you are wanting him to use beyond the rifle he comes with you will have to provide him with ammo for it.

Toggle him to melee in the companion wheel' date=' then toggle him back to ranged. Also moving this to the general discussion section where this belongs.

[/quote']

I've tried it, but it doesn't work at all.

I know it's not quite a Sexout thing' date=' but is there a console command to force a companion to equip a specific weapon? I'm running into an issue where Boone refuses to equip anything other than melee weapons.

[/quote']

If you have given him a weapon that you are wanting him to use beyond the rifle he comes with you will have to provide him with ammo for it.

He won't use ANY ranged weapon, not even Boone's Hunting Rifle.

Yea, that was going to be my next question was if you had any mods that customized companions. Boone's custom rifle has "magical companion ammo" if you look it up in the GECK. What that does is just make sure that he never runs out of ammo for his custom gun. Obviously as you found out any mods that mess with that......mess things up :(

Yea' date=' that was going to be my next question was if you had any mods that customized companions. Boone's custom rifle has "magical companion ammo" if you look it up in the GECK. What that does is just make sure that he never runs out of ammo for his custom gun. Obviously as you found out any mods that mess with that......mess things up :(

[/quote']

Someone definitely didn't think this choice through very well when making their mod. It kinda ruins the hell out of Boone to be stuck giving him ammo all the time.

Archived