Death Alternative/Captured - Additions and Ideas

BloodSplatter

Okay guys I've actually made some headway with one of the scenarios I wanted, the Hagraven/Witches one. I've toned down from the original ambition I had initially, not because I don't want to do it but because I think it's better for my sanity to start small and get something finished first.  So in terms of toning down, this scenario will be a fair bit more simple than what I originally stated (for now).

The Ascending Witch Scenario:

Ok so this scenario will take place after you have been defeated by either a member of the Hagraven faction, or as a conclusion to being captured by Forsworn. If you've played DA, the forsworn can capture you and try to sell you as a ransom to Markarth. However, they will simply let you go if it turns out you are a criminal. Now instead, you will be given over to an Ascending Witch, where I've made a custom cell within Dead Crone Rock. You will be held within a cage and locked into a wall shackle. Much like the Thalmor quest, you'll be able to wriggle out of the shackles, but you will also need to escape the cage after doing so, and will be placed back into the shackles if you are still in the cage when the Witch comes to check on you.

The Witch, after 'welcoming you' will periodically go to 'prepare' your coming demise. She will return every hour or so to apply different ingredients to your flesh which will also apply different debuffs making it harder to escape. There will be a chance that rescue will come in the form of adventurers, markarth guards, or perhaps even Vigil of Stendarr. If time runs out you will be doomed, much like in the thalmor and bandit scenarios, but instead you will be bound and thrown into a cauldron and boiled alive which will allow the witch to use the liquid to ascend to Hagraven-hood (citation needed).

Now so far I have managed to create the cell, needs a bit more decoration but all in all, mostly everything is in place minus the appropriate npcs at the minute. I am currently trying my hand at actually creating the quest but as I said, still pretty newbie to scripting. I am using Bralorrs scripts as a guide while learning but still preeetty unclear atm, I am hoping to spend this weekend learning up quickly. Sadly I also have work and study going on so not much brain power to spend learning something like this, but I'll get there.

If anyone is interested in helping me with this or giving me some pointers, (mainly with the scripting/quest making bit) it'd be very welcome  :D

In the meantime, here's some screenies of what I've done so far  :)

post-92983-0-41053300-1426166414_thumb.jpg

post-92983-0-52842600-1426166389_thumb.jpg

post-92983-0-51924800-1426166372_thumb.jpg

post-92983-0-79143700-1426166405_thumb.jpeg

I have long wanted more stuff that had to do with the Thalmor... they are such awesome bad guys, yet very few mods make use of the hooks the main quest provides to create capture scenarios, sexy or no. Captured Dreams finally did a pretty awesome Thalmor scenario, but all it did was leave me wanting something more long-term, with the character becoming a slave/servant of the Thalmor after being broken over time.

Others have attempted to create peril scenarios, and Death Alternative does really lend itself to at least getting the player into these... such as being captured by monsters (Trolls make an excellent culprit) and needing to escape. Depending on your preferences, the Trolls might just be wanting to repeatedly mate with the player, or if you're not interested in that kind of thing, they might be preparing a stew. The hard part about the latter choice is that creating a story that can end in the player's death does sorta defeat the purpose of having a mod which serves as an alternative to death, right? DA itself does have death outcomes for the player, but usually only in the shorter scenarios where not much additional time is spent since the original defeat.

I have long wanted more stuff that had to do with the Thalmor... they are such awesome bad guys, yet very few mods make use of the hooks the main quest provides to create capture scenarios, sexy or no. Captured Dreams finally did a pretty awesome Thalmor scenario, but all it did was leave me wanting something more long-term, with the character becoming a slave/servant of the Thalmor after being broken over time.

Others have attempted to create peril scenarios, and Death Alternative does really lend itself to at least getting the player into these... such as being captured by monsters (Trolls make an excellent culprit) and needing to escape. Depending on your preferences, the Trolls might just be wanting to repeatedly mate with the player, or if you're not interested in that kind of thing, they might be preparing a stew. The hard part about the latter choice is that creating a story that can end in the player's death does sorta defeat the purpose of having a mod which serves as an alternative to death, right? DA itself does have death outcomes for the player, but usually only in the shorter scenarios where not much additional time is spent since the original defeat.

That's right and I agree completely, and thanks for your input :). My idea with the sacrifice was more like, an alternative to the loadscreen instead of the death. The player would 'die' from a story standpoint but instead of just reloading would be sent to the afterlife. I also feel like the thalmor have great potential, and I like your idea of being a slave/servant after being broken. Perhaps if you're high enough level/have enough qualifications, they use you as an agent after breaking you. To infiltrate and perhaps be undercover in the stormcloak of imperial ranks to gather info or assassinate a target. 

And I don't necessarily think that the player's death defeats the original purpose of DA. I feel the intention of DA is to give an alternative to that "oh I died, ok I will reload my save and try again with knowledge of where each enemy is now" which in my experience feels incredibly cheap. Being brought to near death and thrown into some ditch is a good way to cover most scenarios but I like the idea of some more in-depth events with a bit more tangibility to them. I could imagine the desire to exact revenge on some baddies that killed me after returning from the grave. Of course you're right in that the scenarios being kept short is most likely done intentionally as if you lose to that type of enemy later on you don't want to have to work through something that takes you hours just to get your gear back after you had already done it once, I suppose... I mean, I wouldn't :P

So I guess that's where molding the idea into something reasonable comes into play.

I was actually thinking something along these lines earlier.  Honestly, I'm a bit dissatisfied with how the player slavery mods handle being enslaved.  You either have something like you start with a bounty and some bondage gear and you have to find a way to get them off or other ones where you go to the area in the mod and become enslaved.  I find both of them a little.. predictable.

What I was thinking was with DA, instead of falling to your death and having to reload a save, you wake up naked and stripped of all your items somewhere out in the wilderness at a location dependent on whichever faction helped lead to your demise, possibly in the company of other girls in a similar situation.  So if you would be captured by Bandits, you'd find yourself deep inside a bandit cave forced to do various labours such as transportation and mining while the bandits take advantage of you whenever they can.  I like the idea of the Thalmor and the trolls that was talked about earlier.  I suppose for the more humanoid enemies that capture you, they could put you into more and more bondage gear the more you try to escape after being properly punished of course.  :P 

I think most people would like to see more DA captured mods added or expanded on. I also agree with Sendren as well. Captured mods where you just stayed captured until you escape like the current DA captured mods but with a sexlab twist added to it but not the main focus of the captured add on I think would be best.

Something like the Falmar DA captured mod that already exists only with occasional sexlab things tossed in as well. One something like that for all the main factions/enemy groups would be very cool. Though I think Defeat Mod is working on that as well.

This is an idea that I posted elsewhere before but sort of relevant since it attempts to handle how to make capture, enslaved, death and the likes possible in one game without forcing the character to reload.

2. Lately I have been seeing discussion about bad ends, lasting effects, or extended enslavement mods again. The issue of getting the player stuck and not going anywhere for a while is not necessarily fun, nor is a true bad end (game over) a good fit for a game like Skyrim, even crippling effects could be annoying, "permanence" in general is hard to work with, but without it the impact and significance of an encounter could be lessen.

The solution, a way to continue on in the same game world when a character met their "bad end" or carry on with their penalty/scars but player have an option to shelve a character through other means. While what happened to that character should still left a mark in the game world. Bonus point if we can regain control of that character again.

How to go about doing it. The simplest terms I can put it in is a system that connects Death Alternative (or a custom trigger) with Familiar faces along with saved presets of ECE and/or Racemenu.

First, the player will (ideally) have multiple presets in ECE and Racemenu, technically they might all have to be the same race, need to figure out how to handle vampires too to avoid conflicts and glitches but...details! details!  :P

Player will play with a character and proceed on with whatever quest/mods they are doing and eventually hits an "end" rather it is death, enslavement with no escape, sold to X, what have you. Now the MagicMachineTM kicks in and copy that character into an NPC (possible follower) or maybe just a dead body if it is death.

Now the true PC will get a reset to its relevant data: Sexlab stats, enslavement quest progression, reputation, items, and equipment etc. But DON'T touch the main quest, vanilla quest, quest items, or level/skill/perks because reasons...and conflicts.

Apply a new face preset, change the name, and bam! New character in the same game world with same vanilla progression.

Now more things open up, corpse run? Perhaps a rescue? a new follower? or enemy? Same thing can happen again should this new character meet his/her "end" as well.

Like I said, bonus point it is possible to switch "control" (or faces and relevant stats) of the new and the old character around if possible after picking them back up again.

I was actually thinking something along these lines earlier.  Honestly, I'm a bit dissatisfied with how the player slavery mods handle being enslaved.  You either have something like you start with a bounty and some bondage gear and you have to find a way to get them off or other ones where you go to the area in the mod and become enslaved.  I find both of them a little.. predictable.

What I was thinking was with DA, instead of falling to your death and having to reload a save, you wake up naked and stripped of all your items somewhere out in the wilderness at a location dependent on whichever faction helped lead to your demise, possibly in the company of other girls in a similar situation.  So if you would be captured by Bandits, you'd find yourself deep inside a bandit cave forced to do various labours such as transportation and mining while the bandits take advantage of you whenever they can.  I like the idea of the Thalmor and the trolls that was talked about earlier.  I suppose for the more humanoid enemies that capture you, they could put you into more and more bondage gear the more you try to escape after being properly punished of course.   :P

Not sure if you have yet but check out Slaves of Tamriel, http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39463-slaves-of-tamriel-forced-labor-as-a-mine-slave/

He/she is pretty open to ideas and is already in the process of something similar as you just mentioned, labouring along with other slaves and being taken advantage of during. :) While I don't mind sexual elements such as some of the more kinky bondage gear and being taken advantage of, I want to create something that makes a bit more sense depending on the culprit of your demise, hence the sacrifice thing. As for the Thalmor, I play with "You are not the dragonborn" atm, but I can totally see them being most concerned about how to use you to their advantage strategically than taking advantage of you sexually, though that could still happen but it would not be the focus of the scenario. 

I think most people would like to see more DA captured mods added or expanded on. I also agree with Sendren as well. Captured mods where you just stayed captured until you escape like the current DA captured mods but with a sexlab twist added to it but not the main focus of the captured add on I think would be best.

Something like the Falmar DA captured mod that already exists only with occasional sexlab things tossed in as well. One something like that for all the main factions/enemy groups would be very cool. Though I think Defeat Mod is working on that as well.

Yes I completely agree! This is what I want, and am hoping to get started with soon. With DA already there as a fantastic framework I am hoping to use that to add more diverse scenarios to all of the factions when you are defeated by them. The falmer captured scenario is excellent and I am pretty sure he didn't even do everything he wanted to with it, the focus is you being a slave among other slaves and having to labour for the falmer as well as try to escape, similar but more expansive than the vampire captured scenario. Sure sexual events during these scenarios are good, but they shouldn't be the focus.

This is an idea that I posted elsewhere before but sort of relevant since it attempts to handle how to make capture, enslaved, death and the likes possible in one game without forcing the character to reload.

2. Lately I have been seeing discussion about bad ends, lasting effects, or extended enslavement mods again. The issue of getting the player stuck and not going anywhere for a while is not necessarily fun, nor is a true bad end (game over) a good fit for a game like Skyrim, even crippling effects could be annoying, "permanence" in general is hard to work with, but without it the impact and significance of an encounter could be lessen.

The solution, a way to continue on in the same game world when a character met their "bad end" or carry on with their penalty/scars but player have an option to shelve a character through other means. While what happened to that character should still left a mark in the game world. Bonus point if we can regain control of that character again.

How to go about doing it. The simplest terms I can put it in is a system that connects Death Alternative (or a custom trigger) with Familiar faces along with saved presets of ECE and/or Racemenu.

First, the player will (ideally) have multiple presets in ECE and Racemenu, technically they might all have to be the same race, need to figure out how to handle vampires too to avoid conflicts and glitches but...details! details!  :P

Player will play with a character and proceed on with whatever quest/mods they are doing and eventually hits an "end" rather it is death, enslavement with no escape, sold to X, what have you. Now the MagicMachineTM kicks in and copy that character into an NPC (possible follower) or maybe just a dead body if it is death.

Now the true PC will get a reset to its relevant data: Sexlab stats, enslavement quest progression, reputation, items, and equipment etc. But DON'T touch the main quest, vanilla quest, quest items, or level/skill/perks because reasons...and conflicts.

Apply a new face preset, change the name, and bam! New character in the same game world with same vanilla progression.

Now more things open up, corpse run? Perhaps a rescue? a new follower? or enemy? Same thing can happen again should this new character meet his/her "end" as well.

Like I said, bonus point it is possible to switch "control" (or faces and relevant stats) of the new and the old character around if possible after picking them back up again.

Now that is a very cool idea, wow. Talk about thinking outside the box. It certainly is curious and I'd definitely give it a go. I for one would prefer to escape with that captured character later and continue playing them as opposed to becoming someone new, but still it's a really cool idea. It would be very interesting to see your old character caged up in a vampire lair or something or even turned into a vampire and is now an enemy!

Thanks for your input guys, it's all helping me in the drafting stages. I just need to find the motivation to sit down and learn how to write scripts for the game too now, which has been pretty daunting, but if I can learn that then I'll be good to go as I know my way around the CK quite well.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys

I've made some significant progress over the last week. With the help of guides/tutorials plus BralorMarrs existing scripts I've made a functional and new capture scenario. It's not complete but it's working so far, about 2/3 of the quest is done and functional. Been play testing it as I go. It's been pretty damn fun, in fact I've been a bit obsessed with working on it in my spare time, instead of giving my brain a break :P.

Currently been working on a few custom skin edits pulling from a few of the modder's resources that already exist. See the attached file to see what I made while messing about in paint.net, credit of course goes to Ekirts Ykcul for his Skintextures resource and Z0mBieP00Nani for fixing the transparent textures. Still need a male variant but I will get to that at a later stage once more of the technical stuff is finished. - This is of course what happens to the player character's flesh in preparation for their demise :), and yup got this working :D

There's a lot more to do really, but I am pretty confident now. I am also using a topic to fire a trigger in papyrus to activate a function in the main script, as I want to have it fire during a scene and couldn't work out another way to do it. Anyhow it works like a charm, but it wont fire unless there is actual text in the dialogue in the 'response text' box, so if anyone knows a way to hide just that one line from showing on the screen, please let me know. It's an odd way of doing it I think but I wanted this function to be used at a very specific moment, and I found it quite tricky to time. It allows for a cage door to be shut and then locked, but not while those who are not supposed to be locked within the cage are in there.

Anyway, gonna keep chugging along, modding is pretty damn addictive once you get the hang of it's elements!

post-92983-0-11925100-1427044517_thumb.jpg

Archived